vRS £42,870

TonyTonic

What one might pay if they want the Skoda with the 2.0 Bi-turbo diesel. 

If there are good lease deals then that might be better just renting one rather than paying £42,870. 

Maybe as good or better vehicles available from VW, Audi or Cupra for less cash money. 

That only bothers those that are bothered.

If you have little taste and bling is your thing from the budget brand then probably it matters not.

It will be Dealerships getting them in as Demonstrators and 'management cars' and likely not many private buyers will be buying new ones.

57 minutes ago, xman said:

Falls into super high road tax territory.

If you’re spending £40k on a car are you really worried about paying £1.50 per day!?

Its really not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

NZ Spec just in... expecting the first 10 into the country in Feb/March... only confirmation is price will be under NZ$80k. 

Interestingly the Biguan (Tiguan Allspace) BiTDI R Line is reduced from NZ$77k down to NZ$70k so not sure how many buyers they're going to attract with the RS... since we all know what badge snobs people can be & now the price difference isn't in Skoda's favour.

Kodiaq-RS -Specification.ea16bd275ef803ebd16938d02be2ec64.pdf

• Like 1

For whatever reason, they decided not to show the optional extras you can order like Sunroof etc. And I know for a fact that is possible to order, so if I can get one in the spec I want (RS+Sleep Pack+Pano Roof+Electric Towbar) then I will seriously consider it. And I want a 5 seater and am happy to pay the premium.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

15 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

For whatever reason, they decided not to show the optional extras you can order like Sunroof etc. And I know for a fact that is possible to order, so if I can get one in the spec I want (RS+Sleep Pack+Pano Roof+Electric Towbar) then I will seriously consider it. And I want a 5 seater and am happy to pay the premium.

Isn't the sleep pack the rear headrests & side window blinds that's included in this?  I wonder if this spec sheet is for the first shipment & you can order as you like from there on?

Just now, vRSNZ said:

Isn't the sleep pack the rear headrests & side window blinds that's included in this?  I wonder if this spec sheet is for the first shipment & you can order as you like from there on?

I'm not sure where you've found the rear headrests to be on the spec sheet but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Sleep pack consists of the rear headrests, side window blinds, sunset glass (if not already standard), a pair of blankets and optionally, footrests. I want no loss of spec if I move up to the RS, which is a tad annoying when my Kodiaq is the highest specced Style in all of NZ. Would've just gotten a Sportline (not sure if 5 seater available) if it was available when I ordered my car, cause the spec list on that has way more standard kit for the money! Only options I would've needed to get are heated steering wheel, electric towbar+trailer assist and sunroof.

42 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

I'm not sure where you've found the rear headrests to be on the spec sheet but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Sleep pack consists of the rear headrests, side window blinds, sunset glass (if not already standard), a pair of blankets and optionally, footrests. I want no loss of spec if I move up to the RS, which is a tad annoying when my Kodiaq is the highest specced Style in all of NZ. Would've just gotten a Sportline (not sure if 5 seater available) if it was available when I ordered my car, cause the spec list on that has way more standard kit for the money! Only options I would've needed to get are heated steering wheel, electric towbar+trailer assist and sunroof.

Under the upholstery section... It seems they have rushed this spec sheet as weird things seem to be lumped together.  Are the footrests the extra small angled thick mat?  If so I have those but no idea if that was a freebie or what?  Don't think they're offering the 5 seater Sportline here (not that I have seen anyway).

I have no real need to tow or the 7 seats (the wife's V8 XC90 is the baby bus) but coming from an RS Octavia  couldn't pass up the Sportline as came in the right colour & I do like the interior.  Unfortunately the Ateca Cupra pricing hadn't been announced by the time I needed to choose cars... otherwise at the same price as the Sportline TSI that would have been my pick.

1 minute ago, vRSNZ said:

Under the upholstery section... It seems they have rushed this spec sheet as weird things seem to be lumped together.  Are the footrests the extra small angled thick mat?  If so I have those but no idea if that was a freebie or what?  Don't think they're offering the 5 seater Sportline here (not that I have seen anyway).

I have no real need to tow or the 7 seats (the wife's V8 XC90 is the baby bus) but coming from an RS Octavia  couldn't pass up the Sportline as came in the right colour & I do like the interior.  Unfortunately the Ateca Cupra pricing hadn't been announced by the time I needed to choose cars... otherwise at the same price as the Sportline TSI that would have been my pick.

Ah, got it, thanks for pointing it out! The wording sounds weird, it would've been much better if they just said the sleep pack comes standard. So I guess just need sunroof and towbar. If I can get those plus the usual accessories (rubber floor mats, mud flaps (sportline ones fine?) etc) thrown in for less than 80k might order. Hope to get 60k for my Kodiaq.

18 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

The top spec Kodiaq's (at least here in the UK), tend to come as 7-seaters only.

We have all 5 seaters here. But you can option extra 3rd seat row for every trim level.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The top spec Kodiaq's (at least here in the UK), tend to come as 7-seaters only.

Is the vRS available as a 5-seater in New Zealand?

Looking at the current spec sheets we're showing only 7 seaters no matter what spec.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vRSNZ said:

Looking at the current spec sheets we're showing only 7 seaters no matter what spec.

5 seat is available still. Just have to ask the dealer. Not sure about the other models now, but the RS is available as a 5 seater as indent order only. So no 5 seater stock models. 

4 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

5 seat is available still. Just have to ask the dealer. Not sure about the other models now, but the RS is available as a 5 seater as indent order only. So no 5 seater stock models. 

Makes sense from their point of view I guess... our market ain't big enough to carry every possible spec in stock.

18 hours ago, vRSNZ said:

Makes sense from their point of view I guess... our market ain't big enough to carry every possible spec in stock.

We're actually quite lucky to have such a wide spec availability here in NZ, with the 1.4 and 2.0 TSI/TDI engines available. Australia only get the 2.0 TSI and they have option packs, unlike the a la carte options to our already highly specced cars. I believe they only get the 7 seaters too, so we have it good here. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:57, xman said:

Falls into super high road tax territory.

Indeed could not give this Government £450 a year in road tax for the first 5 years of ownership. When my 336bhp Octavia is going to cost me just £760 over the same period.:wondering:

James often talks sharn.  Mk2 Fabia vRS was announced as discontinued in 2013 but after that sales picked up and sold more in 2014 when they stopped building them and were still selling them in 2015.

So best take what he says sometimes as mis-information probably gleaned from some other journalist or Skoda.

In the UK the vRS did account for 20% of Octavia sales, but there were Diesel & Petrol vRS available, and time will tell if in 2019 that is still 20%.

Doubtful there were 20% of Octavia first registered in the UK that were vRS due to Skoda being pretty hopeless at getting them to people that wanted to buy vRS in 2018.

Edited by Skoffski

11 hours ago, NCC-74656 said:

The list price is not relevant. Just BS. Or 'price conditioning' as we call it in sales.

It is relevant when it takes you into the 'luxury' bracket for VED. Doesn't matter what you end up paying, it's the list price that counts towards that.

• Thanks 1