Facelift First Pics

Looks like rear lights are now fully led, stop and indicators.

Maybe LED headlights too.

Front not nice. Don't like the trend in car design to slitty headlights (maybe driven by LED tech) and in your face wide mouth front grills. Though here not overdone like on the latest Audis, its still enough to make it look less elegant.

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Wider chrome surround and chromed slats???

Yes, also, to me, higher fogs, and thinner headlights, though there is a dark filler strip under the headlamp, might not be final bumper, looks a bit strange.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

I think it spoils the Superbs front end.  The grille surround seems to have been borrowed from the mk3 pre-FL Octavia; it’s not offensive but it looks like a Škoda from several years ago, hardly an evolution in design. 

Skoda ask your colleagues at Porsche how they make subtle yet effective tweaks to the 911...

Oh and please can we have the DSG lever from the Kodiaq! 

It's definitely on the subtle side this facelift. I like it though, at least the rear lights are now fully LED, instead of the half baked halogen everything but tails and brakes.

Those headlights are definitely LED too, the projector is shorter, wider and squarer just like that on the FL Octavia.

Seems that they are not showing the full picture here. Found a higher resolution image and noticed that there are some parts covered - the lights will most likely meet the grill as the leaked bumper image showed. 

(click on the image to view it in original size)

Superb_Facelift.JPG

Facelift_without_lines.JPG

On 23/12/2018 at 07:46, Tiso94 said:

defo better than the octavia...

but im not sure about the looks either ... 

have u seen the new mk4 Octavia?!?!?  
i initially thought that was the FL Superb, but alas it isn't.  but damn does it look good!!!

Screenshot_20181223-084904.thumb.png.b5b9817120201183618960d1986e0bf2.png

Screenshot_20181223-084852.thumb.png.49d39dbc1176e6d5cde1249cbf4e5e2d.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

have u seen the new mk4 Octavia?!?!?  
i initially thought that was the FL Superb, but alas it isn't.  but damn does it look good!!!

Screenshot_20181223-084904.thumb.png.b5b9817120201183618960d1986e0bf2.png

Screenshot_20181223-084852.thumb.png.49d39dbc1176e6d5cde1249cbf4e5e2d.png

Naa mate, i was thinking about current model, but damn boy, if that will be the FLed octavia, that will be one hell of a car. Looks stunnig

Assuming that the Red one is the Mk4 Octavia estate I do not like the angle on the rear door. It will limit the load space for large items. I recently had a full size fridge freezer in my Mk2 FL Octavua estate but I doubt that it would go in a Mk4 unless it is quite a bit longer. Is it a case of form over function as people buy estates for a reason.

Saw those FL Superb pics a few days ago and all my second thoughts about placing an order in November and missing out on the FL cosmetic changes immediately went away :whew: Not as bad as what happened with the Octavia clearly but once more in the wrong direction, seems that a trend is forming with the FL's.  The three main differences that I can see are all for the worst (in my eyes) compared to the current Superb's balanced but dynamic lines:

a) Thinner headlights. Not bad on its own but it makes the outer sharp corner that has remained look like a vampire's dog-tooth. Just delete that bit all-together (probably will happen in the Mk4)

b) Wider front grille surround, not a concern for a Sportline which is going to be black, but in chrome it seems tacky.

c) Rear lights more trapezoidal than parallelogram - the angle of the top and bottom lines of the light bit which is located on the body is bigger. I prefer the current look. 

Overall the changes are subtle anyway and I doubt anyone with an Mk3 is going to consider an FL purely for the new design, contrary to the Golf MK7 vs 7.5 FL for example, but steepening the angles everywhere and going for more trapezoid and less parallelogram shapes is not benefiting the current car, at least with the dimensions and ratios it's been executed. Assuming these are the final shapes of-course.

5 hours ago, Liger1956 said:

Assuming that the Red one is the Mk4 Octavia estate I do not like the angle on the rear door. It will limit the load space for large items. I recently had a full size fridge freezer in my Mk2 FL Octavua estate but I doubt that it would go in a Mk4 unless it is quite a bit longer. Is it a case of form over function as people buy estates for a reason.

Similar to the current Superb estate. The Passat is much more practical, with its more vertical window, but not within budget, unfortunately. 

I’m probably be looking to change early 2020 so hoping those LED headlights will be in the FL.  In the pics they certainly look LED.  I wouldn’t expect anything other than subtle changes and that’s no bad thing either

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 01:35, Superb170 said:

I’m probably be looking to change early 2020 so hoping those LED headlights will be in the FL.  In the pics they certainly look LED.  I wouldn’t expect anything other than subtle changes and that’s no bad thing either

First production car to feature standard LED headlights was the Lexus LS600H ten years ago so not exactly new technology and had them since 2017 on my Octavia.:cool: