Which injector cleaner?

Goochie

I've used STP, Wynn's and RedeX. For a while on my old Octy I was running RedeX in every tank of petrol to keep a misfire problem at bay, which it did very effectively.

Cleaners in the tank are only a partial solution - if you really do have a badly clogged injector or two only ultrasonic cleaning will really fix it, but it's worth trying the in-the-tank stuff for the sake of a fiver. Ultrasonic cleaning requires the injectors to be removed from the car and sent away. A well known tuner we have both used offers a good service - very quick turnaround. About £80 IIRC.

Edit - been reading on a.n.other forum - Techron always gets the thumbs up in the US, but isn't available here. However a product called Redline did get a few votes. Available in the UK from Demon Tweeks and others.

Before the Fabia, i had a Citroen Xantia 1.8 8v with 280K km on the clock. Used som cleaner to spray into through the air-intake. Really helped alot, But on cold mornings, you could hear that some layers of mug had been removed, undtil there was oil pressure, so it only lasted a few seconds. Other than that, i didn`t have any drawbacks. I did this at 275K km, and sold it at 280K km.

Just my 2 cents....

And of course Skoda advise do not use any additives or cleaners in thier cars.
In bold in the Owner's Manual:

The operation, power output and durability of the engine are affected to a major extent by the quality of the fuel. Do not mix any additives into the fuel. Use only fuel which complies with official standards.

In bold in the Owner's Manual:

The operation' date=' power output and durability of the engine are affected to a major extent by the quality of the fuel. Do not mix any additives into the fuel. Use only fuel which complies with official standards.[/b']

EDIT: Comment erased due to the possibility of Skoda UK looking at my opinions

Chris

If the manufacturers tell you not to add additives, why do the dealers have a comprehensive programme of adding Forte during services, without consulting the owner?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would try a 1000 miles on BP ultimate or Shell Optimax before going down the additive route. Forte is the one to go for if you do. Ultrasonic injector cleaning is the only sure fire way to do it.

Chris

Read an article in a car mag a while back about the cleaning of injectors, over time they can get partly clogged by a gumy type deposit, shop bought cleaners will not remove this gunk,as mentioned before ultrasonic cleaning on a A.S.N.U. machine gets the job done.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...