Change skin of virtual cockpit to "rs style"

Just now, Adaminski said:

Yes mine is a Sportline however it does not have this skin

Hmm. That photo of mine was soon after it had been driven off the transport truck, just 7km on the clock. I wonder whether it came with a Normal skin and the dealership guy that drove it changed the skin himself, we had been discussing with him whether Sportlines came with the Sports skin prior delivery so maybe he took the initiative to set this setting for me? I can ask about it.

Also, as posted a few posts back:

image.png.920671b9d9101f0c12f0d5c6705e2d71.png

Now the word "additional" could mean that more than one skins are available on the Sportline and that you can indeed select from them? Car is not with me yet to explore the settings.

God I feel old...:sadsmile: 

However hard I try, I just can't bring myself to like the virtual cockpit from the pictures I've seen. I hope that either they retain a "real dials" option for the L&K or that the brainwash...err... psychotherapy sessions I've booked will work. 

8 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

God I feel old...:sadsmile: 

However hard I try, I just can't bring myself to like the virtual cockpit from the pictures I've seen. I hope that either they retain a "real dials" option for the L&K or that the brainwash...err... psychotherapy sessions I've booked will work. 

If you mean the pictures in this thread I wouldn't be surprised as those are just showing the rpm and speed dials, but that is just one of the 5 available modes. There are a few more with much more information being available to the driver, with the highlight being "advanced" and "modern" modes which bring the real time navigation at the centre of the dash while at the same time offering speed, rpm, range, traffic sign, ETA info etc.  Seeing it live would give a much better idea and better impression,  this video for example:

https://youtu.be/YXR1NmC_KUY?t=70

The biggest attraction for me is that a lot more information is simultaneously available without having to fiddle with the old MFD settings all the time and having to select just one parameter as the main display, and that the whole system is digital with nice graphics and animations which gives the car a modern and premium feel. The fact that the Superb's analog dials look like they came off a 15y.o. Octavia doesn't do analog much favour either. But in the end, I don't think it's a matter of age as much as a matter of personal style/preference. My 70 y.o. father was pretty amazed by it when I showed him a demo of the virtual cockpit and said he'd love to have something like it if he got a new car. But again he is a sucker for latest tech and gadgets in general :D

Edited by newbie69
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Can anyone guide me around adding the odd mph numbers on the virtual cockpit speedo? I can’t find anything obvious and though they might be added by changing the view to sportline but alas no. 

Thanks in advance

16 hours ago, Salad Dodger said:

Can anyone guide me around adding the odd mph numbers on the virtual cockpit speedo? I can’t find anything obvious and though they might be added by changing the view to sportline but alas no. 

Thanks in advance

That is a really good question! You are talking about the smaller numbers that are in the inner circle of the dial, right?

It would be nice to have them, they make it look more full. So, if someone managed to get them with VCDS or OBD11 it would be great to share the option.

17 Instruments > Security Access (23257 I think) > Adaptations > (IDE13094) Speedometer_final_value > Change this to Version 4 for 160 mph end and 10 mph increments or Version 5 for 180 mph end and 10 mph increments. I have mine set to Version 5 just because :D 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

17 Instruments > Security Access (23257 I think) > Adaptations > (IDE13094) Speedometer_final_value > Change this to Version 4 for 160 mph end and 10 mph increments or Version 5 for 180 mph end and 10 mph increments. I have mine set to Version 5 just because :D 

Awesome mod! Just tried this on my 272 Sportline that should have come with 280km/h max speedo value instead of 260 like the rest of "brother cars"... :wondering:   

Also I just realized how nicer the speedo looks with all the smaller speed increments  :thumbup:

IMG_20190318_174750.thumb.jpg.eb7f3d98d439ec4ff74fdc8f3fe5a015.jpg

May I ask where you're getting all that nice info from??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

You are indeed amazing!

5 hours ago, Salad Dodger said:

Sasha you are a legend!! Change applied and looking awesome with the sports displays as well. Thanks for working this out, I suspect VasilTorbov will also be making the change shortly :-)

You are so damn right. I am away from my obd11 dongle at the moment, but tomorrow it will be changed and it will be the Version5 ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Merida said:

Love the vc set up thought I'd see if my columbus can be converted been told yes but at around £1200-£1500 not sure if its worth it 

I recon you can double that figure:

Latest touch screen

MIB 2.5

VC

coding / CP removal 

(I think you also need replacement MFSW buttons as well)

6 hours ago, SteHaworth said:

Anybody tried any of the other versions, iirc there's 9 to choose from

Use care with those. I tried a few, one was the standard L&K I think, then some others that also looked less impressive than stock Sport skin and then there was one of the them that when selected managed to completely delete both my speedo and rpm gauges and even selecting the good ones again didn't revert the situation. I thought I was in for a dealer visit but after turn off and on again I managed to revert to the Sport skin.

• Like 1

I'll leave those other ones alone then lol,

was hoping for maybe an Audi style one with torque and power dials and an R8 rev counter with the upshift colours, I realise wishful thinking but you never know

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 19/03/2019 at 00:53, newbie69 said:

Awesome mod! Just tried this on my 272 Sportline that should have come with 280km/h max speedo value instead of 260 like the rest of "brother cars"... :wondering:   

Also I just realized how nicer the speedo looks with all the smaller speed increments  :thumbup:

May I ask where you're getting all that nice info from??

Hello, may I ask you how to change the speed display to the position like yours?

Is it possible to do that via VCDS or OBD11?

8 hours ago, Richie2019 said:

Hello, may I ask you how to change the speed display to the position like yours?

Is it possible to do that via VCDS or OBD11?

Few posts above my reply are the instructions on how to do it:

And yes, I did it using OBDEleven

1 hour ago, newbie69 said:

Few posts above my reply are the instructions on how to do it:

And yes, I did it using OBDEleven

Thank you for your reply.  I didn't mean the maximum speed. I mean the contents of the green cycle which shown as this picture you posted.

8 hours ago, Richie2019 said:

Thank you for your reply.  I didn't mean the maximum speed. I mean the contents of the green cycle which shown as this picture you posted.

Oh!  Well that's a standard customization option, no need for OBDEleven. Hold the VIEW button on the steering wheel for a sec and a menu with 5 options will show up (Auto, Classic, View1,2,3). Either Auto or Classic show only gear and speed I think but selecting View 1,2 or 3 gives the various extra info inside the dials.

You can also change what info each View will display via the main menu (screen), I think this one in the pic was a custom one I had created, with avg consumption and range being displayed. I have since them customized all 3 Views the way I liked them to be.

There's instructions in the manual but you could be right if lost in there, let me know if you manage or I can provide a step by step.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Oh!  Well that's a standard customization option, no need for OBDEleven. Hold the VIEW button on the steering wheel for a sec and a menu with 5 options will show up (Auto, Classic, View1,2,3). Either Auto or Classic show only gear and speed I think but selecting View 1,2 or 3 gives the various extra info inside the dials.

You can also change what info each View will display via the main menu (screen), I think this one in the pic was a custom one I had created, with avg consumption and range being displayed. I have since them customized all 3 Views the way I liked them to be.

There's instructions in the manual but you could be right if lost in there, let me know if you manage or I can provide a step by step.

Thank you. Got it!

Is there any ways(via OBDEleven) to change the view option in case there is no VIEW button(setting) on the steering wheel and main menu(screen)?

I had installed the virtual cockpit by my friend. He don't know how to enable the setting menu on the main menu(screen). 

I see, not sure really as I have only ever used the VIEW button. I could play around a bit with settings of the car just in case but I don't know of a way to do this via obdeleven currently (although I could be just unaware of it)

43 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

I see, not sure really as I have only ever used the VIEW button. I could play around a bit with settings of the car just in case but I don't know of a way to do this via obdeleven currently (although I could be just unaware of it)

I would appreciate it If someone can share the information about how to enable the View menu on the screen, or guide me how to change the view setting via obdeleven...

On 25/06/2019 at 10:44, Richie2019 said:

I would appreciate it If someone can share the information about how to enable the View menu on the screen, or guide me how to change the view setting via obdeleven...

So, on a factory fitted VC, you can set the view from the infotainment screen as well as the VIEW button. Main Menu > Vehicle, there , under "Selection" choose the "Digital Instrument Panel" sub-menu and you have access to this screen:

image.png.8325845e4a3d29cfc56d66da9418a568.png

Unless you just haven't found that menu give it a try, otherwise I guess yours being a retro-fit lacks the "Digital Instrument Panel" entry under Vehicle menu options. 

In that case it would be a matter of enabling this sub-menu in VCDS/OBDEleven but I have no idea of where this adaptation would be...

Edited by newbie69

1 hour ago, newbie69 said:

So, on a factory fitted VC, you can set the view from the infotainment screen as well as the VIEW button. Main Menu > Vehicle, there , under "Selection" choose the "Digital Instrument Panel" sub-menu and you have access to this screen:

image.png.8325845e4a3d29cfc56d66da9418a568.png

Unless you just haven't found that menu give it a try, otherwise I guess yours being a retro-fit lacks the "Digital Instrument Panel" entry under Vehicle menu options. 

In that case it would be a matter of enabling this sub-menu in VCDS/OBDEleven but I have no idea of where this adaptation would be...

Thank you for your answers.

I don’t have the sub-menu so I can not change the settings. This is why I asked the way to enable the sub-menu...

• 1 month later...

Does anything gets saved from what you set on the digital instrument panel?

I want to set view 1 with something... then after I toggle for example classic view and back to view 1 it reverts back to the default, not what I changed in the inner circles. Normal?

Secondly, I don’t like the modern screen, so if I remove it with the view button by unticking it, after ignition cycle it’s back. Is this normal?