1,5 TSI with 7-speed DSG

fp01

The software update was released last Friday, my car was repaired on Monday.  First impression is its far smoother from cold moving through the lower gears and doesn't seem to hunt through gears/revs any more.  Its incredibly smooth moving off from the handbrake at junctions and lights. Its slower to respond on acceleration however, I don't think overtaking would be possible from Eco mode like it was before, I haven't used Sport mode since I got it back.  I have reset my long trip computer so I can record mpg over the next 2,000 miles post repair and compare it to the first 2,000 miles pre repair to look at the impact on fuel consumption.  Only time will tell re throttle response.  Dealer an absolute pleasure to do business with.  Best wishes.

• Like 3

On 02/04/2019 at 19:49, don_kiddik said:

I have the 1.0 TSI DSG, 18 plate, got it before the WLTP saga, no problems at all (touch wood) :)

I got BMW 3 series and no problems too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Georgina said:

The software update was released last Friday, my car was repaired on Monday.  First impression is its far smoother from cold moving through the lower gears and doesn't seem to hunt through gears/revs any more.  Its incredibly smooth moving off from the handbrake at junctions and lights. Its slower to respond on acceleration however, I don't think overtaking would be possible from Eco mode like it was before, I haven't used Sport mode since I got it back.  I have reset my long trip computer so I can record mpg over the next 2,000 miles post repair and compare it to the first 2,000 miles pre repair to look at the impact on fuel consumption.  Only time will tell re throttle response.  Dealer an absolute pleasure to do business with.  Best wishes.

Car is smoother from cold and in in lower gears but i am not sure i like the slower throttle respons. Eco mode is very slow, Normal mode i would say all in all is better than before but sport mode is not good at all. Sport mode make some strange laggy gearshift during breaking, 

4 hours ago, vadimo said:

So you don't have the optional indicators but instead the flashing lights when tailgating :rofl:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, don_kiddik said:

So you don't have the optional indicators but instead the flashing lights when tailgating :rofl:

Yeah give Skoda drivers grief

• Like 1

The 'fix' was carried out on Monday.

I have noticed slower response to accelerator input (cold and warm engine).

Also appears less power on accelerating during an overtake (warm engine).

One occasion when there was no response to accelerator input for a second then the engine revved as though I was in neutral! (cold engine).

In view of this Im not happy.

1 hour ago, EssEmmTee said:

The 'fix' was carried out on Monday.

I have noticed slower response to accelerator input (cold and warm engine).

Also appears less power on accelerating during an overtake (warm engine).

One occasion when there was no response to accelerator input for a second then the engine revved as though I was in neutral! (cold engine).

In view of this Im not happy.

Same here, I’m really hacked off. Fuel consumption dreadful too so far. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't think I will waste my time with the update on the wife's Karoq as they have opted for the obvious software fix of dumbing everything down to the point of frustration and increased fuel consumption due to having to plant the gas pedal all the time inorder to get anywhere. Another winner from the VAG BOFFIN DEPARTMENT.:thumbdown:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vadimo said:

are we sure this is just engine management update? it may involve gearbox too?

Dealer told me both issues were engine problems and not gearbox 

20 minutes ago, Georgina said:

Dealer told me both issues were engine problems and not gearbox 

If their lips moved they were lying you can’t believe anything they say,remember not that long ago it was a characteristic they chanted

On 04/04/2019 at 07:22, vadimo said:

It will be fine until it bursts into flames :happy:

Edited by Breezy

This is very disappointing but I guess not unexpected. I've been holding fire until the 1.5 TSI was totally sorted but this looks unlikely now.

2.0 TSI would be good but it's only available in Sportline (I think) with a panoramic sunroof that I don't want and 4x4 that I don't need but could live with. So despite the perceived good choice there's not really a variant that appeals and will have to pay over the odds for things I don't want to get the things I do.

Retired yesterday and I'm keeping the Yeti for the time being even though my new usage is not good for a diesel.

And who knows what affect Brexit (sorry!) will have on the cost of imported cars?

6 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

This is very disappointing but I guess not unexpected. I've been holding fire until the 1.5 TSI was totally sorted but this looks unlikely now.

2.0 TSI would be good but it's only available in Sportline (I think) with a panoramic sunroof that I don't want and 4x4 that I don't need but could live with. So despite the perceived good choice there's not really a variant that appeals and will have to pay over the odds for things I don't want to get the things I do.

Retired yesterday and I'm keeping the Yeti for the time being even though my new usage is not good for a diesel.

And who knows what affect Brexit (sorry!) will have on the cost of imported cars?

Congrats on your retirement. My brother recently retired at 55 lucky beggar.:thumbup:

21 hours ago, Georgina said:

Same here, I’m really hacked off. Fuel consumption dreadful too so far. 

Would the fact the temperature has plummeted over the last couple of days, not make it a fair test?

Mine has dropped over the same route this week. It didn't even get chance to warm up on my short commute. If thats not the case then I wonder if this is why Seat haven't release it yet?

Edited by matthab

46 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Congrats on your retirement. My brother recently retired at 55 lucky beggar.:thumbup:

Thanks, could have retired early but decided to stick it through to the end.

Thanks I certainly will. Bought it new in 2014 in readiness for my retirement and it's still done less than 10k. miles! It will definitely increase! 

It's a 2.0 TSI manual and my hope was that the 1.5 TSI would be a similar albeit less powerful drive. The TT pulls away sweetly and the engine is a joy. Sadly, unless VWG work a miracle it doesn't look as though it will ever be the case with the 1.5 TSI. I haven't completely dismissed having the Yeti replacement coming from the VWG stable (maybe go for a 2.0 TSI) but as time goes on it is looking more of a possibility, reluctantly, that I will be looking elsewhere.

34810305912_efb47c6451_b.jpgIMG_9155-2 by Hinkleigh, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I said goodbye to the Karoq and took delivery of a Seat Aeca 2.0tdi dsg.

I wasn’t going to have another Skoda as they don’t do the trim level I want in 2wd and I lost faith in the dealer as they were aware of the 1.5tsi problems BEFORE I got the Karoq and should have told me there may be an issue with the engine. Had I known that, I would not have accepted it in the first place ..... poor customer service.