1,5 TSI with 7-speed DSG

fp01

Well, have you seen the WOW test driver is on Dynamic mode while setting of?

No, it is just engine behavior, nothing to do with DSG or manual gerbox, all about individual model homologation and RDE, so NOx and PM values ...

Edited by rayx

3 hours ago, fp01 said:

Different versions of the hw and sw... I see nothing strange with this.

I think I saw a long list of ECU-versions together with sw versions earlier, was it not here in the forum?

Either way, soft or hardware - it should not be beyond the wit of the largest car manufacturer to arrive at a solution for possibly the most important engine in its range that will preclude it from kangerooing, hesitating and losing power. Particularly after this period of time.

• Like 4

I have no doubt they can fix the issues, but then every model / version with those engines will be needing WLTP testing and Approval.

That being a major issue that could have them required to Buy Back vehicles, and seeing as VW Finance own that many it is enough to bring down the VW Group.

On 01/03/2019 at 13:54, Kodiaqman said:

Either way, soft or hardware - it should not be beyond the wit of the largest car manufacturer to arrive at a solution for possibly the most important engine in its range that will preclude it from kangerooing, hesitating and losing power. Particularly after this period of time.

VAG are not good at at a FIX ,remember their emissions one,I think they prefer to lie their way out of a situation and keep treating their customers like idiots hoping it will all pass with time,how long ago was the emissions FIX issue?

• Like 1

My Karoq 1.5Tsi DSG has the kangaroo and power loss issue and is going into the dealer on Tuesday to see if they can 'confirm' the fault.

Interestingly the guy on the service reception confirmed they ARE aware of the issues as other customers have complained of the same problem!

As my car is from Motability I am not the owner (I lease it) so if it all goes pear shaped I am confident they will deal with the problem on my behalf ..... and dealers are more likely to take notice of them as they buy a lot of vehicles.

Re Motability.

Really what you might find is they are OK on you handing the car back, but as for helping with Skoda, VW, Audi, SEAT or any manufacturer that does not happen.

The Dealer supplies a car, the car deals really are Motability with Skoda.

Motability is the biggest group buyer in the UK.

Let Motability know in Writing you are having issues.

As to a Dealership employee saying they are aware, then yes they should be, they have the TPI.

PS.

In the next quarter starting April look at the Motability List and very likely the Advance Payment will be lower on 1.5 TSI's.

Be that VW, Skoda, SEAT or Audi.

They want them punted.

http://motability.co.uk

Edited by Skoffski

19 minutes ago, Kodiaqman said:

Hi @EssEmmTee, please can you say when you took delivery of the car and mileage?

I collected the car 29th Jan. Have now done just over 1000 miles.

2 minutes ago, EssEmmTee said:

I collected the car 29th Jan. Have now done just over 1000 miles.

Shame you didn't reject it under the 30 day money back refund scheme offered by Skoda.:sadsmile:

Edited by shyVRS245
WRONG WORD

8 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Re Motability.

Really what you might find is they are OK on you handing the car back, but as for helping with Skoda, VW, Audi, SEAT or any manufacturer that does not happen.

The Dealer supplies a car, the car deals really are Motability with Skoda.

Motability is the biggest group buyer in the UK.

Let Motability know in Writing you are having issues.

As to a Dealership employee saying they are aware, then yes they should be, they have the TPI.

Yes Motability have recorded this as a mechanical complaint and already indicated I may well be able to hand the car back and have a different one. They are very helpful.

You mention the dealer having the 'TPI' ..... what is that?

Thanks

@shyVRS245

No need to reject in that way.   You can break a Motability Lease.   Seeing as they are such a big organisation with Billlions seeing the management well paid, it is a different arrangement.

TPI

Technical Product Information.  Vorsprung Durch Technik.   Notice that VW got it very wrong usually.

Edited by Skoffski

Our Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG my19 (assembly Day 15 Dec 2018) has no kangaroo or power loss effect.

Ok, we do not have the cold motor effect either, we have the aux heater which is started using the mobile app when the temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Finn said:

Our Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG my19 (assembly Day 15 Dec 2018) has no kangaroo or power loss effect.

Ok, we do not have the cold motor effect either, we have the aux heater which is started using the mobile app when the temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius.

Just to point out the aux heater also heats the engine water jacket, so might be a reason why there are no cold running symptoms. Or you may have one of the many (presumably) good ones.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davey9 said:

did you have these problems from day 1?

No. The kangaroo effect started after a couple of weeks. The loss of power started a couple of weeks ago.

On 24/01/2019 at 18:41, fp01 said:

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I have of course talked to my local service company and a I can read "between the lines" that they are aware of the problem, but so fare they refuse to agree that

Skoda or VAG has accepted this as a general problem for the 1,5 TSI engine, or that there will be an update of the s/w or whatever needed to cure the problems.

I´m sure there must be a solution for this, and I will give feedback as soon as I have any news.

My new Superb 150tsi DSG SEL suffers a very slight judder when pulling away first thin g in the mornings. After some 100 metres is is OK.

• Thanks 1

Mine went into the dealer this morning and I am waiting for them to get back to me with a plan of what can be done. 

Does anyone know if the 1.6 or 2.0 Diesel engines have any issues as I may have to reject the car?

As I like it apart from the cold running issue I may consider a diesel version.

WLTP Certificated 1.6 & 2.0 TDI SCR (AdBlue) are too new to know if some 'Issue' has crept in as VW Group / Skoda got the required Emissions and Economy under testing.

I would not go for a TDI unless you are doing long enough runs and not a few days a week of just short trips with cold starts.

Better with a 1.0 TSI / DSG for that IMO.

Those work fine for longer trips as well if not fully loaded or wanting to tow more than small / light trailers etc.

Edited by Skoffski

18 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

WLTP Certificated 1.6 & 2.0 TDI SCR (AdBlue) are too new to know if some 'Issue' has crept in as VW Group / Skoda got the required Emissions and Economy under testing.

I would not go for a TDI unless you are doing long enough runs and not a few days a week of just short trips with cold starts.

Better with a 1.0 TSI / DSG for that IMO.

Those work fine for longer trips as well if not fully loaded or wanting to tow more than small / light trailers etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Most of my driving is non motorway. I usually do a 100 mile round trip once a week on motorway. 

I am concerned that the 1.0 Tsi/DSG may be under powered though as I have a substantial dog transit cage in the rear all the time.

I feel I may have to look at a different manufacturer :crying:

26 minutes ago, EssEmmTee said:

Does anyone know if the 1.6 or 2.0 Diesel engines have any issues as I may have to reject the car?

I the impression that the 1.6 diesel is a very poor engine, it has far more problems reported here than the 2.0 diesel which seems to be the one to go for. Also real world performance and economy for the 2.0 is far better than the 1.6 which some reports suggest can be considerably worse than the 1.5tsi. 

However, be aware that the DPF and EGR inherently make diesels an unsuitable choice for most low mileage and short cold run customers.

• Like 1