1,5 TSI with 7-speed DSG

fp01

500 miles on my 1.5 DSG and no issues even during the really cold weather a couple of weeks ago. Mine is post WLTP, first registered 17th Dec 18.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgina said:

That’s interesting, same age cars and mileage.  I think I got a lemon!

Hi my DSG has not had your power loss and while a bit juddery at start occasionally nothing like yours.

It does sound bad and you can reject it and get a full refund.

I would be considering that as you might have lost trust in the car.

In another thread some great advice on how to reject car, it can be done upto 6 months after bought.

The fuel cap is annoying and needs a firm push, I am worried it will eventually fail. You would have though that would be an easy design to get right...

Edited by MJ1
added text re fuel cap

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

US Open Golf. Sure you be watching like me.:inlove:

Nah, I’ll paint a ceiling and watch it dry, far more entertaining :notme:

Here's one I did a few years ago Shy

SistineChapelandVaticanMuseumEarlyAccess.thumb.jpg.a14bdd31951de559c923b06836aeab97.jpg

Thats me on the left by the way :emo: self portrait....

Edited by xman

9 minutes ago, xman said:

Nah, I’ll paint a ceiling and watch it dry, far more entertaining :notme:

Here's one I did a few years ago Shy

SistineChapelandVaticanMuseumEarlyAccess.thumb.jpg.a14bdd31951de559c923b06836aeab97.jpg

Thats me on the left by the way :emo: self portrait....

You took the words right out of my mouth, guess it was a bit chilly that day judging by the size of your wi*ly.:tongueout:

• Haha 2

Got a 1.5 DSG post wltp. On a cold start, it's only a little less smooth while pulling out and going off slowly. Not much to complain a out. Never had it losing power or becoming unresponsive. No groans on reverse - but just sometimes the rear brake whines when reverse parking and braking. But that seems to have subsided after my last 200 mile road trip. Got sort out a hissing air con next.

On 26/02/2019 at 19:37, Georgina said:

I'd be interested to hear if anyone with the jerkiness issue is contacted by their dealers for the software update this Spring?  Hope this info I've posted is of use.   Best wishes to you all.

Hi

my 1.5 DSG has exactly the same problems. The jerkiness, I can just about live with for now, but the loss of throttle response can be very dangerous in certain circumstances. 

I have to say your dealer is being exceptionally helpful.... my supplying dealer plugged it in and said “no fault found” and handed me my keys back. The second dealer said they done the same but had received an email saying updates were due in Quarter 2 which should resolve the problems. I hope I don’t get “T-Boned” at a junction before the updates.

I love the car but have been looking at possible replacements but can’t find anything without reverting to diesel which I’m allergic to!  I might be allergic to “Pig P” (sorry Ad-Blue!) which you have to add on modern diesels nowadays. 

• Like 1

It really does appear most strange that a number of people with the 1.5Tsi DSG combo notice no issues and others gave significant hesitation and throttle loss with sane combo. Doesn’t make sense.

Different versions of the hw and sw... I see nothing strange with this.

I think I saw a long list of ECU-versions together with sw versions earlier, was it not here in the forum?

1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Hi

my 1.5 DSG has exactly the same problems. The jerkiness, I can just about live with for now, but the loss of throttle response can be very dangerous in certain circumstances. 

I have to say your dealer is being exceptionally helpful.... my supplying dealer plugged it in and said “no fault found” and handed me my keys back. The second dealer said they done the same but had received an email saying updates were due in Quarter 2 which should resolve the problems. I hope I don’t get “T-Boned” at a junction before the updates.

I love the car but have been looking at possible replacements but can’t find anything without reverting to diesel which I’m allergic to!  I might be allergic to “Pig P” (sorry Ad-Blue!) which you have to add on modern diesels nowadays. 

I nearly was T-boned by a bin lorry the second time I lost drive, it was because I rang the dealership and said I didn't think the car was safe to drive that they arranged for the long term loan of the diesel Kodiaq.  Do you think if you looked at a petrol Tiguan/Ateca which for all intents and purposes are nearly the same cars you would have the same issues?  

It really does appear most strange that a number of people with the 1.5Tsi DSG combo notice no issues and others gave significant hesitation and throttle loss with sane combo. Doesn’t make sense.

12 minutes ago, Kodiaqman said:

Pre WLTP / post WLTP issue?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Kodiaqman said:

Well, most people are likely very happy with new car and do not feel the "characteristic" as anything bad, even this man who tests the cars believes it is S-Tronic (DSG) gearbox what makes the gap of 2 seconds waiting at least when pushing accelerator on the floor ...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/463302-no-throttle-response-on-startup/

TPI 2050744 should be updated of cars with DSG too ...

On 03/01/2019 at 16:47, Xtra2 said:

IMG_-7cie3k.jpg

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/?do=findComment&comment=5193191

Edited by rayx

39 minutes ago, rayx said:

Well, most people are likely very happy with new car and do not feel the "characteristic" as anything bad, even this man who tests the cars believes it is S-Tronic (DSG) gearbox what makes the gap of 2 seconds waiting at least when pushing accelerator on the floor ...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/463302-no-throttle-response-on-startup/

TPI 2050744 should be updated of cars with DSG too ...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/?do=findComment&comment=5193191

Not the problems I'm having.  I would not say being stranded in a road looking at a bin lorry 30 feet away heading towards me, with the car rolling backwards and forwards and no drive is a gearbox characteristic.  And bouncing down a road to the point my arse is off the seat is also not a characteristic of a gearbox! 

• Like 1

Georgina, see I wrote the "characteristic", can not you see the irony in that?

My comment reacted on what Kodiaqman wrote, that is makes a sense that people who do not feel any troubles could accepted this as the "characteristic", especially when they got this information from their dealer ...

What I see in that YT video from 15 minute, that is horrible situation, I would not accept car with this behavior. Just look at it and start to count when he pushes the accelerator (loudly) down, that´s even visible on his leg :cool:

You are lucky you have to deal with that dealer, that is proper customer service. Dealer can do only that, preparation of any software updates are task for manufacturer. Shame on all dealers who do tell lies to their customers!

It is possible VAG are adjusting the programming of the DSG in relation to the engine programming in a bid to avoid the hesitation and jerking. But when they adjust one parimiter it negatively impacts in other ways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kodiaqman said:

It is possible VAG are adjusting the programming of the DSG in relation to the engine programming in a bid to avoid the hesitation and jerking. But when they adjust one parimiter it negatively impacts in other ways.

Perhaps VAG will change the mode selection to activate SPORT under all the options available in the menu, this would alleviate the delay.:cool: