Kodiaq vRS

YellowAges

On 12/02/2019 at 15:48, silver1011 said:

Already almost £4K off list (£3,875) :D...

image.thumb.png.d6f8f29cc1cacb29281cf9a7d7f4ca4a.png

Don’t forget to add the extra £1,550 of ‘luxury car tax’... anything with a RRP over £40K

How come pointless? What difference does it make is it petrol or diesel? Exhaust design is probably slightly different, but the whole concept is the same.

Besides, they could take the missing pipes from Passat BiTDI parts shelf.

Or just left the whole backend standard without any shiny fake parts.

On 23/02/2019 at 08:49, Robeuk said:

Uvítal bych benzinovou verzi s 220 ps. To by bylo super.

On 23/02/2019 at 10:43, linni said:

Kahjuks ei saa ma mitte midagi aru, mida sa ütlesid.

All posts should be made in English. The use of other languages, or "txt speak" is not permitted and will lead to posts being removed.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

"Kahjuks ei saa ma mitte midagi aru, mida sa ütlesid."

From Estonian to English: "Unfortunately I cannot undrstand a word what you are saying."

# being sarcastic

29 minutes ago, YellowAges said:

Forgot to ask - anyone know what the clear plastic bit on the grille is for? (just below the badge)

28 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Radar cover 

...for the Adaptive Cruise Control afaik.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Scratch113 said:

...for the Adaptive Cruise Control afaik.

The Front Assist / Automatic Emergency Braking is the standard use of the radar unit. ACC also uses it when selected as an option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YellowAges said:

Ohh - sounds really "Secret Agent"-like!!!  (is that for the anti-braking / proximity?)

Yeah, for Front Assist (emergency brake) and adaptive cruise. Have you found the hidden machine gun yet? Haha 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

Just spec one and got to an eye watering £52662. 

Just after I decided to buy my car (but before I collected it) I specced a LR Disco Sport to as close to my Kodiaq as possible - no LED headlights (not even an option), slightly less power and the pano roof doesn’t open and yet it still came to £56,600!!

And what would I get for the extra £12k (before discount)? Answer: a little more leather, slightly better off road ability (which I don’t need), a much smaller boot (no boot at all with 7 seats in use) and chronically bad reliability!!

No thanks JLR!!

12 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Are there really 432mm discs being fitted?

Bugatti Veyron has 400mm discs so its only natural that a VW with 300 hp gets larger brakes :p

2 hours ago, Skoffski said:

They look a bit smaller than just 2" less diameter than the 19" rims.

See I dont know if you are joking or not now, if not sir... well, let me explain:

When they say 17 inch brakes it means that the smallest alloy you get on this car is 17 inches. The brake disc itself is actually 330mm. 

• Haha 2

Yes sure thing.  They mean nothing of the sort.  The journalists read the crap VW put in the press pack.

They never get out a tape measure.

(I remember the old joke i used to hear which was about 12" down the mechanics trouser leg but never using it as a rule.)

For the Kodiaq vRS with 20" rims 'they' say the brake 'discs' (not calipers) are as big as 17" wheels on the basic Kodiaq.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I don’t give a damn about the size of the brakes, as long as they stop the car when needed.

Anyway... I’d take one of those T-Roc R’s over a Kodiaq vRS any day of the week. Also found out today you can pick up an X2 M35i for not much more than a vRS. Yes, it’s smaller and doesn’t have 7 seats, but it really does make you wonder what Skoda think the value proposition of the vRS is...?

• Like 2