Installing reag footlight in superb mk2 FL

Found the spots under front seats for OEM lights. What would be the code for this part? 

Is it the same like trunk light?

20190302-095204.jpg

They are indentical to the front ones, as mentioned in posts above. That is weird that yours doesnt have those my 2012 Elegance and my sisters 2012 Ambition all have them.:thinking:

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to be dim but I have just got my first Superb (2011 SE 1.8) and wondered if I can  install these under the front seats (ie to light rear footwells). If so, what do I need to purchase and where would you suggest.

I cant see any obvious wiring but will see what I can do by wiring in from front footwell (but will be a while as off with kids for Easter hols).

I have added rear footwell lights to my SE and the wiring isn't there. I ran the wiring from the front footwell lights, under the carpet to under the  front seats (and converted to Audi A8 LED's at the same time :).

Not that I want to steal your brilliant work and also upgrade (but I do) - what parts did you use? Is there a natural place to attach the lights?

I also see you have fitted the auto dim rear mirror - easy or not?

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:32, LozW said:

Not that I want to steal your brilliant work and also upgrade (but I do) - what parts did you use? Is there a natural place to attach the lights?

I also see you have fitted the auto dim rear mirror - easy or not?

i'll try and find the part number for the Audi LED, but the only thing required to convert is a small adapter cable - the LED's have the small 2 pin socket, whereas the car is fitted with the standard 'wife/flat' 2 pin plug. Made a small harness up and they slotted straight in. Cost me about £40 from memory for the plugs/sockets to make the looms - although the wife wasn't too pleased! :giggle: My dad actually scoured a breakers and cut the relevant plugs off and made his looms up that way to save a few ££.

Regards the auto-dim rear view mirror, I got a loom made up by @EddieNL (although I'm not sure he's around these days?). The mirror is a direct fit (assuming you have the auto-lights/wipers sensor on the windscreen behind the existing mirror). From memory the loom consisted of positive/negative which were connected behind the interior light, and a wire to run to the BCM under the steering wheel to disable the 'auto dim' function when in reverse. The hardest part of the whole job was to get up behind the dash - you need 3 elbows and 4 wrists with child sized hands!! :rofl:

thanks for the really helpful response. I have 2 small children to do the but behind the dash. I will attempt the footwell lighting first.

• Like 1