Is Kamiq the new Yeti?

Expatman

There is a statutory 14 day cooling off period for finance, I assume the finance agreement will give the details.

I'm trusting the Dealer to help sort it out.

I agree very annoying that taking finance gets a better deal.

5 minutes ago, Expatman said:

Okay - but practically how do you do it? Who do you contact and, I assume, they are resistant to you paying it off so did you have to fight to get them to give you figures and payment?

Just contact VWFS who give the rebate/discount and ask for a settlement. It is your right to settle early and they can't prevent it because the law is on your side.:clap:

That is exactly what I did. car collected on a Friday, finance contacted on a Monday, settlement fee given and funds transferred that day. I did however pay about a weeks worth of interest as this starts building up the day the paperwork is signed and not the day the car is collected. In theory you could pay the pcp finance off before you even collect the car.

Colin

When we were looking the salesman told me “on the qt”, that you could go the finance route, make about 3 payments and then pay it off in full. Ie you get the finance discount, but then just pay of the balance within a short time. As above this is your legal right, so you can take the finance discount and then effectively “pay cash”, so best of both worlds...

On 27/05/2019 at 15:44, PeterKn said:

Hello. I drove a Subaru Forester XT auto from new in 2004 until 2017 when I sold it and bought a used VW Golf Estate 1.4tsi dsg. Primarily for economy. It was a late low milage car, big long boot, peppy engine, smooth to drive. After six months I traded it in for my Yeti. Visibility in the Golf was very poor generally, the interior mirror seemed to block out a huge chunk of windscreen, the car was too low and uncomfortable to get in and out of, and I couldn't go over the lowest kerb without scraping something. The cargo area, although long, had no height. The Yeti is so much better in all those respects. I did have a look at a Vitara in a showroom, but held off and went for the Yeti instead. After buying the Yeti and joining this forum I am now constantly worried about my dsg and clutches, and other reliability issues, and sometimes wish I had given the Vitara a bit more consideration, light doors and hard plastics and all. Only time will tell. 

I know what you mean.  I still very much enjoy ownership of mine but it grieves me to know the DSG has given as much trouble as it has to some owners .... and that VAG are seemingly selective regarding who they grace with their "Goodwill" and who they don't.  I wouldn't keep returning mine to the main dealer for servicing if it wasn't for the possibility I might need to seek their attention if the DSG packed up.... and hope a full dealer service record would ease the pain somewhat.

There are two cars that I would look closely at if the Yeti had to go ... the Vitara automatic (torque converter) and the Kia Niro (also comes as auto by default.

The Kia giving me 7 yrs warranty  and the Suzuki giving me a (local dealer backed) ongoing warranty after year three provided I use them for servicing each year.

15 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

If they were actually SUV's, Suburban Utility Vehicle / Sport Utility Vehicle, or even a small MPV / Multi Purpose Vehicle unless all cars are Multi Purpose people carriers, but they are not as the 'sales spinners' like to class them.

They are cars, just tall cars,

Just FWD VW T-Cross.  Nothing SUV about them. 

Maybe they can call them a Crossover with a 1.0TSI or 1.6TDI. 95 or 115ps. Might as well have the correct suspension for a comfortable ride and not cushioning by tall sidewalls.

Another good review vid from a BRISKODA member.

Choices /Options have to be limited to reduce the amount of testing and certification required.

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 09.38.01.png

BiL has bought a Lexus UX Hybrid which I saw today. No way is that an SUV, even some reviewers describe it as being more like a conventional hatchback. Same goes for the Kamiq. I suppose given the popularity of SUVs they want to make the link even if there isn't one!

9 hours ago, VAGCF said:

BiL has bought a Lexus UX Hybrid which I saw today. No way is that an SUV, even some reviewers describe it as being more like a conventional hatchback. Same goes for the Kamiq. I suppose given the popularity of SUVs they want to make the link even if there isn't one!

Well lets face it everyone wants a Sports Utility Vehicle advertising their outdoor pursuits in the country rather than a "Tall Car" suggesting they struggle to get in and out of a conventional one.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe why Skoda are calling it a City SUV.  Outdoor pursuits being driving to the park to dog walk or go dogging. Going to the shops etc.

Hopefully the Towbar and electrics option is not too expensive for those wanting a bike rack on and if not factory ordered the Dealership employees don't make a song and dance about fitting a tow bar.

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 07:46, Sad555 said:

I wonder how many names Skoda can create that begin with K and end in Q......?

How about KOQ.....I'll get me coat!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

If my experience with VW when ordering a new T-Cross is to go by: Towbar isnt a factory option, dealer not allowed to deliver New car with towbar fitted have to accept delivery and then wait 24hours before fitting.  Something to do with fuel and emission figures !

"Hopefully the Towbar and electrics option is not too expensive for those wanting a bike rack on and if not factory ordered the Dealership employees don't make a song and dance about fitting a tow bar."

If

Edited by rarrar

I assume the cars are not tested and certified with the towbar option. There are some changes in regs coming into force at present and some old stock will have to be registered before the end of August 2019.

Just like last year when the WLTP came in and they had to be first registered unless covered under the Derogation Rules that is for 'End of line' vehicles.

The 24 hour towbar thing is a nonsense after being allowed into the UK and transported and then going to be first registered.

I would like to see in writing where they dealership must have a vehicle, do the PDI & first register, deliver, or is that get the money & wait for 24 hours before towbar fitting.

Maybe someone here has it.

On 23/07/2019 at 09:50, Roottootemoot said:

Maybe why Skoda are calling it a City SUV.  Outdoor pursuits being driving to the park to dog walk or go dogging. Going to the shops etc.

I guess they already identified this niche with the Urban (as opposed to Outdoor) Yeti. Presumably the small number of people buying 4x4 Yetis etc have convinced the VW group there is no need for a 4x4 option on the Kamiq/T-Cross/Arona.

Mind you this is nothing new....anyone remember the Matra Simca Rancho?    

37 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I guess they already identified this niche with the Urban (as opposed to Outdoor) Yeti. Presumably the small number of people buying 4x4 Yetis etc have convinced the VW group there is no need for a 4x4 option on the Kamiq/T-Cross/Arona.

Mind you this is nothing new....anyone remember the Matra Simca Rancho?    

It was like an early prototype for a LR Discovery but less successful.;)

5 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

What an attractive motor car..lol

I had one of these for a bit (kinda off tangent I know) Asia Rocsta, amusing for about 5 minutes,

Asia_Rocsta_01.jpg

The burning question is did it make you feel like a :rock: ROCK STAR (or stud if you prefer)?:envy:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The burning question is did it make you feel like a :rock: ROCK STAR (or stud if you prefer)?:envy:

Sadly just a bit of a **** lol

We sold them at a Mazda dealer I worked at for a very short time. Not seen many. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/07/2019 at 09:50, Roottootemoot said:

Dealership employees don't make a song and dance about fitting a tow bar.

No idea why some do, I used to enjoy doing them, more interesting than a oil and filter change anyway, It's not like it's difficult, the Skoda fitting instructions ain't too bad, not the best by any means but not bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

I think there will be a Kamiq RS come time & it will be a Hybrid.

Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 13.29.09.png

Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 13.29.34.png

Kamiq RS would look good in our drive next to the Octy. Wouldn't even mind if it had the reliable 1.4TSi plus electric motor with around 200bhp it would make for an amusing compact car (not SUV though George).:thumbup:

• Like 1