Karoq spare wheel

bohmer

Sorry, didn’t mean to type the previous entry in bold! Just wondered if the Karoq spare wheel comes with a raised floor like the Yeti?

Edited by bohmer

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer, I had a so called ‘full size’ spare wheel on my Yeti, with a kit that raised the boot floor to the level of the boot opening. I’d like one for the Karoq, but don’t know if this would do the same.

Just wondered if anyone knew, on the configurator it gives 3 choices, Space Saver(skinny), Temporary(215/60), and Full size, with no dimensions.

The boot floor is raised but not flat to the exact level of the boot opening there is a  lip/drop of around 2.5 inches, this was a factory fitted full size spare wheel option.

Karoq FSSW (1).JPG

Karoq FSSW (2).JPG

• Like 1

Thank you Apprentice, this is exactly what I wanted to know, great pictures.

It’s been driving me mad trying to stop my local dealer fobbing me off with the skinny space saver, which they fitted as my Karoq is second hand, nobody seems interested in looking  into it. 

I know the Karoq full size spare won’t fit the 4WD or Diesel models, but it seems as is often the case, the buyer has to educate the staff.

It is definitely going back to have the correct spare I paid for, And I have your pictures to prove it.

Edited by bohmer

Hi Bohmer

I have the karoq 1.5 sel and I used my 17" spitzberg alloys off my yeti and fitted winter tyres to them, the offset and the bolt hole circle are the same as the Braga wheels that came fitted as standard.

On 11/03/2019 at 15:11, Apprentice said:

The boot floor is raised but not flat to the exact level of the boot opening there is a  lip/drop of around 2.5 inches, this was a factory fitted full size spare wheel option.

Karoq FSSW (1).JPG

Karoq FSSW (2).JPG

Apprentice, If you get time, is there any chance that you could look around the polystyrene blocks to the left/right of the wheel to find any part numbers. Dealers are struggling to find the parts required on their ordering system I am trying to upgrade my SEL to full size spare, I have already bought a wheel and tyre but need the blocks to support the boot floor a the correct height.

TIA, Neil.

After weeks trying to get a full size wheel kit for my Karoq, even  going to the stores of my local dealer and being shown their computer, it only shows the space saver spare wheel available as a separate kit. The full size spare and surround is only available as a factory order with a new car.

This was never the case on previous models, I have bought and fitted full size spare kits with polystyrene surrounds on Yetis and Roomsters in the past, This is a retrograde step by Skoda(maybe only Skoda UK), who knows.

There is a posting somewhere on this site, which I can’t find now, from someone who said the Seat Ateca kit fitted, but I don’t know.

I’m not happy about it, I don’t fancy driving down a hill in Snowdonia in winter with only a skinny motorcycle size tyre on the front, even though it may be legal!

2 hours ago, bohmer said:

After weeks trying to get a full size wheel kit for my Karoq, even  going to the stores of my local dealer and being shown their computer, it only shows the space saver spare wheel available as a separate kit. The full size spare and surround is only available as a factory order with a new car.

This was never the case on previous models, I have bought and fitted full size spare kits with polystyrene surrounds on Yetis and Roomsters in the past, This is a retrograde step by Skoda(maybe only Skoda UK), who knows.

There is a posting somewhere on this site, which I can’t find now, from someone who said the Seat Ateca kit fitted, but I don’t know.

I’m not happy about it, I don’t fancy driving down a hill in Snowdonia in winter with only a skinny motorcycle size tyre on the front, even though it may be legal!

I'm hoping that Skoda won't have gone to the trouble of creating separate polystyrene surrounds for the 4wd and 2wd versions and so have ordered the left and right hand side pieces that are specified as 4wd only and hopefully they will sit on the boot floor with the wheel well on the 2wd providing the extra depth for a full size spare. I'll let you know how I get on.  

I have a 1.5 TSI edition with 19inc wheels, 2 wheel drive, I purchased separately a spare steel wheel from dealer, although it took a couple of months to get  it fits well in the space it included a foam edge with the Jack and other tools fitted into it. Cost from memory was £250.00 I know it wasn't cheep but not confident with the gunk supplied. Car was registered before purchasing so no input to the build.

12 hours ago, KaroqKent said:

I'm hoping that Skoda won't have gone to the trouble of creating separate polystyrene surrounds for the 4wd and 2wd versions and so have ordered the left and right hand side pieces that are specified as 4wd only and hopefully they will sit on the boot floor with the wheel well on the 2wd providing the extra depth for a full size spare. I'll let you know how I get on.  

Is there any point in me checking for part numbers now that you have ordered the polystyrene surrounds, wouldn't have thought so? :wondering:

2 hours ago, Apprentice said:

Is there any point in me checking for part numbers now that you have ordered the polystyrene surrounds, wouldn't have thought so? :wondering:

Just for my piece of mind really but, as you say, I've already bitten the bullet and ordered the polystyrene surrounds so not unless you have nothing else to do.

Comparing the pictures of your installation with the link that you posted I'm fairly sure that my suspicions are correct which is why no-one can find them in the parts catalogues because they are using 4wd listed parts on 2wd cars.

On 21/03/2019 at 18:14, bohmer said:

Hi Bohmer,

Not sure about the full size spare, but I got an aftermarket space saver spare and jack etc.and ordered the polystyrene side piece from Skoda but it's embossed with the SEAT name !! Fitted a treat though :)

sparewheel.jpg

Ah, thank you Panther, I remember seeing it now. I was really looking to fit a full size spare, like the one shown on the configurator, but according to my dealers computer that is only available as a factory fit when the vehicle is ordered, and mine is an ex-demo.

Thanks for the info though, I may end up doing the same.

1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Not sure about the full size spare, but I got an aftermarket space saver spare and jack etc.and ordered the polystyrene side piece from Skoda but it's embossed with the SEAT name !! Fitted a treat though :)

What have you got securing the wheel in the boot?

Only I have sourced a 18" VW space saver wheel and kit but the bit that fastens it all down in the boot is not the same / doesn't fit and I don't like it sitting there just loose........or it might be that I don't have the correct bit to fit to the Karoq floor?

Edited by Berisford

It came with the central pillar which twisted into place fits firmly with the large screw top, wife out in car will post pictures later if needed. It all came in 2 boxes 1 with the wheel and the other all the bits. 

Edited by Nick60
Spelling
  • Like 1

This is what I received. A space saving wheel 18 Inc so hopefully it will reach the ground as all other wheels 19 inc. it came with a spindle that twisted into a raised slotted section in the floor, wheel fitted over held down by a large threaded wheel on top of that fitted a PC to support the boot floor. Hope pictures show this

IMG_20190325_162513.jpg

IMG_20190325_162327.jpg

IMG_20190325_162354.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Berisford said:

What have you got securing the wheel in the boot?

Don't have anything holding it in place, but theres nowhere for it to go, ther is no sideways movement even though there looks like there is space but is held in pretty tight once the boot floor is in place.

• Like 1