Fabia comfort estate bad condensation on inside windscreen

Hello,

i have had this problem for sometime but it’s clearly getting a lot worse.

car standing outside today, the inside of the windscreen is misted up and soaking wet, have looked at other cars and nowhere near like mine.

sealed the door cards some while back, so they ok

had no rain here today

any advice really welcome

Yep, not a bad job to do, just be gentle with the plastics.

It's worth changing your cabin filter as well, I've found one with half a pint of water in before. It's located in the passenger footwell, no tools needed, just slide the clips along the housing and the lid drops off.

Have you checked all four doorways for puddles on the rubbers after overnight rain? See photo below.

You can get to the exit points of the scuttle drains by removing the wheel arch trims, instead of wipers and all that stuff.  Then hook debris out of the slots until everything's running freely.  Probably only need to do the nearside one, as that's right under the entry point for the cabin air. See photo below, drain is the letterbox shaped opening just right of where the looms go through a big grommet.

20150101_121019.jpg

20180714_171120.jpg

Less likely cause but also have a check for cracks in the windscreen. I had one in the bottom nearside corner and it was really bad for condensation, much better once I got round to having the windscreen replaced.

Edited by seaweasel