Toyo Proxes Fuel Economy?

Has anyone else noticed their fuel economy change with Toyo Proxes over other tyres? I've just had some put on the front and over a 22 mile, 60mph-ish tootle home along the M56, I averaged 75.5mpg!!!:eek: :thumbup:

I was expecting new tyres to drain more juice!

I think Tom saw a change in MPG when he switched tyres - however you'll have to ask him if it was up or down - I cant remember :(

Mine went down a good 5-7mpg, but it also coincided with the drop in temperature due to winter too. But also the extra confidence may have something to do with it too. I also had Neros fitted, not Toyo rubbish! :rofl:

I get poor mpg on toyo T1-s tyres. But now I've been using them for so long I now consider it to be average and maybe I'll get better with other tyres? I average around 45mpg without too many thrashings. ;)

mine went down about 5 mpg, but my grip went up - a compromise i'm happy with

Same here, although recent posts on other threads seem to suggest the tyres may be 2 or 3 psi too soft anyway, so might pop along to the garage and put a bit of air in...

I usually get 63mpg to work, that's from Macclesfield, across town, along the A537, cut down past Knutsford, then along the Northwich bypass to Chester. I do have to be well behaved to get that. On the motorway it depends hugely on speed as at 60mph I can get 65mpg (or 76mpg in this recent instance!), whenas at 80mph it's closer to 50 / 55 mpg. It was a lot better when the car didn't have the Dragon though.

I usually get 63mpg to work, that's from Macclesfield, across town, along the A537, cut down past Knutsford, then along the Northwich bypass to Chester. I do have to be well behaved to get that. On the motorway it depends hugely on speed as at 60mph I can get 65mpg (or 76mpg in this recent instance!), whenas at 80mph it's closer to 50 / 55 mpg. It was a lot better when the car didn't have the Dragon though.

I couldn't get past 63 doing 55-60mph. Must try harder :)

It may be the vRS's engine, though. Remember my PD100 has smaller injectors and turbo . . . perhaps this is why my economy is better? Drivetrain losses in the 6 speed box might be more too . . . .

It may be the vRS's engine, though. Remember my PD100 has smaller injectors and turbo . . . perhaps this is why my economy is better? Drivetrain losses in the 6 speed box might be more too . . . .

oops never noticed you had a pd100 :o