Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

Still chuckling at Darvel beating Aberdeen in the football the other night. Bloody Darvel, that wee place in East Ayrshire, Christ! What's more amusing is that the goalie is a teacher during the day, none of them are full-time footballers! :D

• Like 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

funny-literal-memes-1-65-6090033428e6c__700.jpg

What I want to know is why does imitation crab look like Rhubarb?  Is this a sneaky plot to make us eat more Rhubarb by disguising it as Crab meat?  Enquiring minds etc. etc.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

To be known as "Mogg Pontificates", perhaps?

How about 'It'll be alt right on the night'🤷

That bloke's a wrong un. Talking bull in a plummy accent is still bull.

FB_IMG_1674764769285.jpg.0f58347e6ef288ddf2744a2428d0b2b9.jpg

FB_IMG_1674762064179.thumb.jpg.482008f53db12bb7f961c06273d81ef8.jpg

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

The country formerly known as Bejam or the high street frozen food retailer?

34 minutes ago, @Lee said:

The country formerly known as Bejam or the high street frozen food retailer?

The clue is in the name of the street - Laugavegur - which is in the country of Iceland.

The penis museum is real - https://www.phallus.is/ - and is apparently where all the big knobs hang out in Reykjavík :)

• Groan 2

The museum may be real but the sign written in English is a big clue that it's another made up thing.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

The museum may be real but the sign written in English is a big clue that it's another made up thing.

No, both are real.

https://www.newsweek.com/not-penis-museum-iceland-tourists-842225

• Like 3

"Real" in as much that someone created the sign to put up on their Twitter account and probably never actually put it up, certainly not on a wall outside, it's taken 5 years for someone to make (up) a story about it on a slow news day.

That said all the Icelanders that I have met have spoken superb English, even better than the Dutch, they probably use English on social media to connect with the world but I doubt they would put signs up in public places in English aside from multi-language stuff in tourist areas.

Sorry to be a kill-joy but things like that shout out at me and it's concerning that I seem to be a minority in questioning something before swallowing it.

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

"Real" in as much that someone created the sign to put up on their Twitter account and probably never actually put it up, certainly not on a wall outside, it's taken 5 years for someone to make (up) a story about it on a slow news day.

That said all the Icelanders that I have met have spoken superb English, even better than the Dutch, they probably use English on social media to connect with the world but I doubt they would put signs up in public places in English aside from multi-language stuff in tourist areas.

Sorry to be a kill-joy but things like that shout out at me and it's concerning that I seem to be a minority in questioning something before swallowing it.

In the absence of further information we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

• Like 1

This is a sentiment with which I wholly agree.

BTW Please note; for 'brights' please read 'main beams, main headlamps' or whatever term is appropriate to your local argot :)

183826351_lledstoobright.jpg.1c4cd6abb04d6e385a61de37b9c7a5b2.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, @Lee said:

the street name sounded a little Scottish / Scots Gaelic

According to genetic archeologists (if that's the right term) most of Scandiwegia, Iceland, Northern Scotland - especially the Isles, north-east England and north-western Ireland all share much of their ancestry, language origin and cultures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1