The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

1 hour ago, Skoda_newby said:

The sheep, cattle and pigs I see around here are in open fields.

A lot are not.  I did some work for a chicken company a few years ago, they were reared for meat, the aim was as many as possible in as little space in the shortest possible time.  The parent company also did cattle and had one plant which could handle something like 10,000 cows a day, I think it was in Brazil.

4 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

In open seas, yes. In lakes, not so much...

You do realise there is a considerable flow of water through lakes, otherwise it would go tits up quick and everything dies.  it may look all calm and unmoving but it isn't.

• Like 2

Obviously you need snow or rain or both then burns, streams and rivers in and rivers out and water abstraction for farming / agriculture, and dams for water for consumption after treatment or hydro schemes.

Otherwise pretty stagnant quickly.   It is not rocket science.

Floods can cause lots of loss in central Europe as has been happening, then there was all these 'Facilities' when there was Communism that ends up with the Red Water.

That would be from what was called 'Aluminium Plants  & Bulb Factories' etc and were Arms Manufacturing Facilities and some a bit like our 'Nuclear Test Facilities'. 

More heavy industry & pollution from German Corporations is just what some poorer EU Countries need, 

manufacturing Green Vehicles etc.

But then Putin has sorted out the Energy production with the new Nuclear produced electricity.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 2

Shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry has written to the shadow cabinet about Labour's negotiations with Theresa May.

She says: "If we look like reaching any other decision than a confirmatory vote that would be in breach of the decision made unanimously by conference in Liverpool and overwhelmingly supported by our members and it needs to be put to a vote by the shadow cabinet."

She confirms she would vote that "any deal agreed by Parliament must be subject to a confirmatory public vote, and yes, the other option on the ballot must be Remain".

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-47772688

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Remember why we don't put lead in our petrol anymore? Not very good for human life expectancy.:thumbdown:

I do human health risk assessment at work and there is a government publication with a graph of blood lead levels versus IQ and you can adjust how much more stupid you would accept people being to work out what is an acceptable intake of lead.

Edited by trundlenut

If old people are suffering from brain damage from the lead in petrol then I would expect there are a lot of younger adults suffering brain damage from all of that skunk their smoking. Could be the reason why they forgot to go out and vote in the referendum.

• Haha 3

Leave date set for 29/3/19. These new rules implemented from 1/4/19.
Told ya, it's all about keeping the money hidden.
Google EU anti tax avoidance directive.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/company-tax/anti-tax-avoidance-package/anti-tax-avoidance-directive_en

On 28 January 2016 the Commission presented its proposal for an Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive as part of the Anti-Tax Avoidance Package. On 20 June 2016 the Council adopted the Directive (EU) 2016/1164 laying down rules against tax avoidance practices that directly affect the functioning of the internal market.

In order to provide for a comprehensive framework of anti-abuse measures the Commission presented its proposalSearch for available translations of the preceding link••• on 25th October 2016, to complement the existing rule on hybrid mismatches. The rule on hybrid mismatches aims to prevent companies from exploiting national mismatches to avoid taxation.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Britain will have to recover millions of euros from some multinationals after EU antitrust regulators ruled on Tuesday that an exemption in a UK tax scheme was illegal.

The European Commission’s decision, following a 16-month investigation, is part of an ongoing crackdown against multinationals benefiting from sweetheart tax deals offered by EU countries.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-subsidies/eu-orders-uk-to-recover-illegal-tax-aid-from-multinationals-idUKKCN1RE0WB

Look CLOSER..............

BBA Aviation, Chemring, Daily Mail & General, Diageo, Euromoney, Inchcape, London Stock Exchange, Meggitt, Smith & Nephew and WPP are some of the companies which have mentioned the EU investigation in their accounts.

3 hours ago, trundlenut said:

A lot are not.  I did some work for a chicken company a few years ago, they were reared for meat, the aim was as many as possible in as little space in the shortest possible time.  The parent company also did cattle and had one plant which could handle something like 10,000 cows a day, I think it was in Brazil.

but there are EU regulations preventing that sort of thing. Or as the Brexiteers call it "Brussels Red Tape"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Assuming some of these chicken farms etc are in the UK?
Can you please tell us which EU directive prevents the UK from forcing DEFRA to improve animal welfare.
I used my own choice many years ago to only by free range chicken which could be traced to it's origin.
Is there an EU directive which forces people to buy chicken from non free range sources? If not then is it a case of people want cheap chicken and couldn't care where it comes from?
Noticed you've not posted on the topic for a few days; were you at the Tiny Tommeh ten names rally and got arrested for crimes against democracy?

8 hours ago, Skoffski said:

As much sharn on farms to be disposed of as there is talked here.

That is sh!t incase you did not know what sharn is.

Treated human waste and untreated animal waste is spread on the ground for production of food.

It is how it has always been, accept sometimes it was not and not treated human waste.

Snowie in Scotland and others  around the UK will put all kinds of waste onto land if you pay them.

Re Fish.

Lots of produce from the sea is caught to use on agricultural land to fertilise.

Hey Loopski, sorry thats the username someone off another forum who is either you or a clone, I got confused!

Anyway something about that clip grabbed me and I watched all of it, I have never taken a vitamin supplement in my life but there is a first time for everything and I have just ordered a job lot!

I am preparing for my first ever (and probably last) marathon at age 60 and have for the first time ever a couple of injuries which wont go away because I wont stop training to allow them to repair and am regularly making them worse like tonight hoping that they will get maybe slightly better for tomorrows onslought, trouble is as the mileage is increasing each week they are not really healing.

So maybe some Krill Oil or the placebo effect will sort me out? - Nothing ventured nothing gained.

9 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Can you please tell us which EU directive prevents the UK from forcing DEFRA to improve animal welfare.
I used my own choice many years ago to only by free range chicken which could be traced to it's origin.
Is there an EU directive which forces people to buy chicken from non free range sources? If not then is it a case of people want cheap chicken and couldn't care where it comes from?

Nice whataboutery but to answer your question no one  is forced to buy intensively reared chicken produced under EU legalisation which is supposed to protect the animal welfare.  The UK actually does have lower kg per square metre than the EU legislation but it is only around one bird. Whilst you have the choice to pick a free range chicken off the shelf the vast majority of the chicken consumed in the UK in pies, nuggets, ready cooked,  KFC etc are produced in standing room only conditions where they droppings and dead birds is only cleaned out when the shed is cleared for slaughter. 

My response was to Domhnall statement that that the EU regulations prevent this type of over crowded intensive reared chicken. It actually allows for this type of over crowded conditions. 

11 hours ago, domhnall said:

but there are EU regulations preventing that sort of thing. Or as the Brexiteers call it "Brussels Red Tape"

https://betterchicken.org.uk/

An organic chicken must have four square metres of space each, whereas a bird in an intensive farm gets a space about the size of an A4 sheet of paper

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-07-21/megafarms-conflict-communities

https://www.animalaid.org.uk/the-issues/our-campaigns/animal-farming/suffering-farmed-chickens/

As you keep reminding us the UK isn’t self sufficient and imports food from the EU including the huge Dutch and Polish farms. The Dutch seems to be masters in creating food scandals some leglisated and allowed by the EU whilst the Polish just create horrendous suffering 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/chicken-killed-polish-poultry-farm-undercover-footage-animal-cruelty-a8405116.html

9 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Noticed you've not posted on the topic for a few days; were you at the Tiny Tommeh ten names rally and got arrested for crimes against democracy?

No, I have something called a life and unlike yourself I don’t spend it with nothing better to do than whinge about Brexit. You should try it one day as living your life to post on this thread just makes for a very dull person. Bye :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Can you make up your mind how to use by or buy it was as though I was going mad reading this article. Please put it into affect immediately TIA.:thumbup:

59 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

My local hens will be as happy as Larry as usual. Laying nice Brown Large Eggs for Lidl.

DSCN1470.JPG.77127bf476a643582cadf09905e028e9.JPG

DSCN4459.JPG

DSCN4462.JPG

The key bit there is "laying eggs".  There's a place near me like that and they have put solar panels in the fields where the birds wander too.

There are Solar Farms near me where sheep wonder around under Solar Panels.

& beside the 2 Sisters Chicken Factory a Farm that generates gas from waste Farm Products and crops grown to produce gas and also uses chicken sh!t.

Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 09.39.35.png

Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 09.40.15.png

Edited by Skoffski