Lowering

i researched lowering springs options a few months ago, and these r the part number i found.

p.s. i am yet to actually lower mine yet.  i'll b getting the Eibach Pro-Kit to pair with my existing DCC shocks.

H & R components for Skoda 
Sport springs for Superb saloon 2.0 TSI (3V type), 162 kW / 220 hp:
SKU 28784-1 (35/35), 2wd, to 980 kg FA load
SKU 28784-2 (35/35), 2wd, from 981 kg VA-load without 2.0l TDI
SKU 28784-3 (30/30), 2wd only 2.0l TDI

Art.-Nr. 28784-4 (35/35) kombi AWD
Art.-Nr. 28784-5 (35/35) kombi awd
Art.-Nr. 28784-6 (35/35) kombi AWD
Art.-Nr. 28784-7 (30/30) kombi 2wd
Art.-Nr. 28784-8 (30/30) kombi 2wd
Art.-Nr. 28784-9 (30/30) kombi 2wd

Eibach ProKit 35/30mm
E10-85-042-01-22 (985kg / 1220kg), Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.4 TSi
E10-85-042-02-22 (1100kg / 1220kg), Superb 3V3 Hatchback 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-85-042-03-22 (1180kg / 1220kg), Superb 3V3 Hatchback AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-85-041-04-22 (1070kg / 1220kg), Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi

E10-79-012-01-22 (985kg / 1250kg), SUPERB Kombi 3V5 1.4TSi
E10-79-012-02-22 (????kg / 1250kg), SUPERB Kombi 3V5 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi
E10-79-012-03-22 (????kg / 1250kg), SUPERB Kombi 3V5 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-79-012-04-22 (????kg / 1250kg), SUPERB Kombi 3V5 AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi

Disappointingly limited lowering options on this car, despite the shared underpinnings with Passat and other VAG models. Basically there's only Eibach and H&R which - for my like - lower the car too much. 

When I look at my stock Sportline hatch with DCC it's not as bad as to take it for lowering right after the dealership sort of speak, but it's just THAT bit too high if you like a sporty look. Fine for a family hatch but not low enough for a performance model. You can definitely live with it but it's not perfect.

The ideal drop for me on this car would be 15-20mm max. That would sharpen the looks considerably but would still absolutely look like it came like this from factory. Also, over 15-20mm of drop negatively impacts suspension and geometry no matter what the various springs vendors and shops are saying.

Maybe I should just remove the stock springs and mill off 15mm in typical Hillbilly Suspensions & Tuning fashion :thinking::shake:

Edited by newbie69

By the way, for whoever is after serious suspension improvement (at least in the performance department - not so sure about comfort), Bilstein Damptronic is compatible with the Superb and retains all DCC functionality, just needs 2K eur on your side:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bilstein-B16-Car-Damptronic-Coilover-Full-Kit-49-255874/253840584695

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Disappointingly limited lowering options on this car, despite the shared underpinnings with Passat and other VAG models. Basically there's only Eibach and H&R which - for my like - lower the car too much. 

The above r the same part numbers for the Passat B8.

51 minutes ago, JR RS said:

The above r the same part numbers for the Passat B8.

Of-course they are. But does the B8 have more lowering options than the Superb? I doubt it.  What I meant is that the Passat's greater availability and popularity (being sold in more markets around the world) would have attracted more suspension manufacturers in developing solutions for different preferences, instead of going with the industry standard "drop 30-40mm so as to look lowered" option.

Coming from an MK7 where there are all sorts of kits starting from a mild 15-20mm drop and working almost within factory spec, to more aggressive ones (30-40mm) or to slammed options 50-70mm it's definitely a more limited market here.
Probably I am the one who's being weird here. I was disagreeing with most owners posting a 35mm lowered car and saying "this is how it should have come from factory - you wouldn't know it's not stock". Erm, of-course you would know it's not stock. No Golf would have ever left the factory with an arch-gap so small that you could barely fit your little finger between arch and tire. Most people want to look lowered indeed so 35mm clearly offers that while still driveable. I am after a look that says the factory had the intention of setting this car up with performance in mind, not me. See at what height an Audi S4 is set from factory, it's not un-neccesarily high or worryingly low. It looks sporty but it's still functional, it's perfect.
Capture.thumb.JPG.95b3d10ef937864f40434072b41c42fe.JPG

Admittedly, the difference between the S4 and a Sportline is probably not more than 10-15mm but that's exactly why it's harder to get right, there are no springs to delete only that little amount of gap.

IMG_20190319_134124.thumb.jpg.077b3f7337a231d21298cc1feb2ae230.jpg

Edited by newbie69

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

If you go with the eibach mate I’m pretty sure they will lower the sportline by 15-20mm as the figures of 30mm they quote will be from standard superb and the sportline is already 10-15mm lower than standard 

According to Eibach they drop the front by 30-35mm and from reports they are closer to their higher limit. So that would mean 25mm on a DCC Sportline which is 10mm lower (non-DCC is 15mm).  It's only 10mm lower from where I would like it to be but it may be a crucial difference for me - I know, picky customer...

In some pics they seemed fine but then I came across others and I wasn't too sure, the angles can make a big difference when looking at arch gaps. I need to see more of them for sure, as flat as possible compared to the wheel and maybe I change my mind again?

The other thing is the Sportline is "kind of" ok. If i had an L&K sitting even higher it would have been easier to go with them as I wouldn't stand it probably. But this now is a tricky height that I don't want to risk ruining with something too low unless I'm 100% sure it won't go lower than I want.

16 minutes ago, kriva said:

Another rather expensive option would be KW coilovers. They’re made for DCC cars as well but will run you around € 2300, or whatever your local equivalent is.

For me, DCC compatible coilovers would be an overkill for the usage I have for this car. Changing the firmness via DCC is already providing enough versatility, it cruises softly on Comfort and tightens up nicely on Sport. At some point I might address the slight amount of undesired body-roll that is present by upgrading the rear ARB but that's different from needing a firmer ride, I have no complaints on that aspect.

So, given that I'm happy with the stock setup damping wise, spending 2K on coilovers only for dropping the ride 10-15mm is out of the question, especially without tracking the car or doing some sort of competitive, twisty driving. I could have easily done this on my previous GTI Clubsport with which I was chasing lap times a few times per year If I had kept it, but on this one? Hard to justify it.

Edited by newbie69

tis not an estate @Bigken6002, but below r some pics of a Superb lowered on H&R springs.

hr_sko_15_sup_3_big.jpg.91c1377c0321f35b4fefa8315ed6e4a3.jpg

HR-Splitter-Mesh-Wheels-Springs-Spacer-Badge-Lights-Mirrors-RamSpeed.jpg.b3dec4efada8760f6f76babde4d6dc32.jpg

this one is riding on aftermarket 20" rims.......

Skoda_Superb_2WD_GFW_front.jpg.2157364a3ffd51365dc66e20028b59cc.jpg40629_1503662001914.jpg.391fd4e4a565d3de3718ad5673fdc770.jpg

below is an example of a Passat B8 DCC with the Eibach Pro-kit springs, the same used for the Superb - to give u an idea.....

1754690260_B8PassatProKit2.thumb.jpg.6fd2279fc36fc74fc240a097723386ed.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for these images @JR RS :thumbup: 

I'm afraid they confirm what I was thinking more or less. Ok the H&R is out of the question completely but even the Eibach Passat, although not bad I have to say, is just one step too low for what I'd like to achieve. Again, it's probably only 10 bloody mm that ruin it for me.

If you compare the arch gap of the lowered Passat to the S4 above you'll see exactly what I mean. The Passat sits a bit lower but that's not a problem on its own. The issue for me is when the side arch gaps are bigger than the top gap, that's what shouts "lowered" in my eyes and you won't see that on any stock car where you have a constant gap around the top half of the wheel.

Edited by newbie69

• 3 months later...

First of all thank you all for great pictures etc. Posting here to older topic if someone here could advice me.  I'm a new Skoda owner and my car had bad road package installed and I'm now wondering if it is possible to lower with the same H&R kit you have used. Currently car is very unstable to drive and I don't like it. I have understood that with the bad road package car is 15mm higher that the standard but does it have anything else different than just the springs?

6 hours ago, TWW said:

First of all thank you all for great pictures etc. Posting here to older topic if someone here could advice me.  I'm a new Skoda owner and my car had bad road package installed and I'm now wondering if it is possible to lower with the same H&R kit you have used. Currently car is very unstable to drive and I don't like it. I have understood that with the bad road package car is 15mm higher that the standard but does it have anything else different than just the springs?

What do u mean by "bad road package"?

do u have DCC or not?

Do u have a Sportline or not?

3 hours ago, NorRS4x4 said:

Here`s another one more straight from the side.

IMG_2830.JPG

Nice.

Is that the Pro-kit or Sportline Eibachs?

I'm getting the Pro-kit installed on mine trow.  Can't wait.

Edited by JR RS

No way im going to lower mine lol, the front bumper is at too much risk of grounding.

I lowered my vRS Octo estate, and had to drive it very carefully, anyform of steep ramp, car lift, multistory was a complete ball ache!

The sportline superb sits lower standard, than my Octo did on 25mm Eibachs

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

What do u mean by "bad road package"?

do u have DCC or not?

Do u have a Sportline or not?

Bad or rough road package is 15mm higher than standard and then there are some better underbody covers. I don't have DCC or Sportline.

What I'm trying to figure out is that is there same shock absorbers in standard and rough road version. 

Some discussion for example here: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revori said:

As a further question to those that have lowered their cars,  does the DCC or ACC system need resetting to calibrate the new ride height? 

In theory, yes.

....and is recommended, however the equipment used to do it is complex, and time consuming.  Skoda will not do it as goodwill.

- camera (used for Lane Assist, and lighting) need recalibration.

- ACC radar requires recalibration

- wheel alignment "requires" the above ACC calibration

I haven't seen any reference to the DCC shocks themselves requiring any adjustments.

• Like 1

Seeking assistance. 2017 mk3 162tsi superb. Rear sway bar to fit Octavia (MQB platform) was quoted as match and purchased. Now at installation it won't fit. Any experience with these parts? Are they the same or have they sent the wrong piece? 

Finally the Eibach Pro-kit is in!! woOot 😁

Its less wallowy now in Normal mode.  It's good now.
Sport mode is nice n firm.  Comfort mode is still comfortable 👍

Before - 690mm from fender to ground (front & rear)
After - 670mm from fender to ground (front & rear)
Should drop another 5mm or so in the next few weeks.

I'm very happy with it.

Not too much.

Not too little.

Top half of each pic is After.

Bottom half is Before.

20190802_210758-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.dbf48c9f2609bf019ffdc616608e5d05.jpg

20190802_210819-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.e895d94b2f50b5a532662cbecf52d232.jpg

20190802_210846-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.2d804da9268d30c0c65bffa475d89e85.jpg

• Like 3

On 02/08/2019 at 14:33, JR RS said:

Finally the Eibach Pro-kit is in!! woOot 😁

You got me convinced and I ordered Eibach Pro-Kit today. Just have to find a good place to get it installed then.

9 hours ago, TWW said:

You got me convinced and I ordered Eibach Pro-Kit today. Just have to find a good place to get it installed then.

Brilliant :)

Don't forget to get a wheel alignment done too, once it's installed.