Guess the Hire Car.... Mac's 2019 game

mac11irl

20 hours ago, skomaz said:

Any guesses

Hyundai i30 (Law of averages says I'm gonna be right at some point :nod:)

Gaz

• Haha 3

OK so the result is in...

It a Seat Ibiza Excellence 1.0 110bhp in white with a few scrapes on the front bumper.

Hence the closest in this competition of hire car bingo is @mac11irl as he did at least mention an ibiza even if he ultimately went for something else... 

Seems to pull OK, albeit with a bit of a judder when cold and is comfy enough but the sat nav is an absolute bloody nightmare...   It seems to insist on offering me all the previous destinations it has been to and has already sent me to the wrong location from the one I asked for. 

I've done a factory reset and have managed to change the language to English so hopefully it'll behave tomorrow.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, skomaz said:

.... with a few scrapes on the front bumper.

I.e. so badly damaged that it's no longer recognisable as a Hyundai i30 😁 and someone slapped Seat badging on it 😇

Go on, admit it, y'all knows I'm right :thinking: 

• Haha 2
  • Cheeky 1

Any photos @skomaz?

is it a fairly new one, or reckon its older stock?

110bhp from 1litre even with a turbo (our arona is 115 allegedly) just feels like its not enough displacement to not be running engine more strained than it needs to be. but thats just my opinion. at least the ibiza is lighter!

5 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Any photos @skomaz?

is it a fairly new one, or reckon its older stock?

110bhp from 1litre even with a turbo (our arona is 115 allegedly) just feels like its not enough displacement to not be running engine more strained than it needs to be. but thats just my opinion. at least the ibiza is lighter!

Photos to follow but it's a pre facelift with 64k km on the clock...   So older dash design etc.  It seems to bumble along ok but nothing to shout about and it's no match for the Swift back home...   That's much nicer inside and a lot livelier but then it weighs about a ton compared to about 1.2t for the Ibiza.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

It probably is having the issues that the 3 cylinder 1.0 TSI,s with a GPF seem to be suffering from.

Spark plugs needing replaced before 4 years or 40,000 miles. 

Could be...   It is a hire car after all so I doubt it's been well looked after.  A couple of times today it didn't let me have a gear either...   any gear...    so I'm not sure if the slave cylinder is on the way out too (it's quite a low biting point) or if I wasn't quite getting it fully depressed.  Pumping the pedal a couple of times fixed it, or repositioned my foot enough...   One or the other...   and it's not happened since but I'm a bit wary now. 

• Like 1

It did the clutch thing again yesterday but sorted it no problem...

Also as promised photos of it in all its glory...

IMG_20240409_174712.jpg

IMG_20240409_174658.jpg

• Like 2