Guess the Hire Car.... Mac's 2019 game

mac11irl

here it is, in all its pale lavender metallic "glory"..

****box.

20230723_090440.thumb.jpg.90e9d9a404fe1bf9a3df5c12dfe87ec4.jpg

drove it from Dryden to Dunbarton asda, it sounds awful under acceleration, its rolly and floppy in the bends, and brakes are.. not great really.

even my FIL said (he came for the spin) he was disappointed with how it felt as a passenger given Citroën always had really good suspension.

also the aircon is absolutely abysmal.

i did manage to turn off the lane departure though, so that was quieter :D

• Like 2

Oh I was driving a C3 as well then was I? I didn't even bother looking at what model it was after being led to it.  I didn't know whether to cry or burst into laughter when I saw the chevrons on the bonnet badge. 'Polo or similar' my arse :D 
Mine didn't have roof rails but it had some cushioning on the sides like a Cactus. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

@mac11irllet's just say it was far from what could be described as 'refined'. 😂

i dont underatand why frwnch gearboxes in particular have to be so mushy, when there are so many other better drive trains available that they could copy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

i dont underatand why frwnch gearboxes in particular have to be so mushy, when there are so many other better drive trains available that they could copy.

Haha no idea. I once had a Citröen Xsara Picasso as a rental. The gearstick was on the dash IIRC. There must have been so many linkages between that and the box and it was like stirring soup in a bucket hoping you didn't drop from 4th to 2nd and ending up face planting the steering wheel 😂

TBH I love the madness of some of Citröen and Renault designs. Even ahead of their time in some cases like with the first mass market people carrier the Renault Espace and Citröen CX. From the 60s the DS is gorgeous and the noughties Avantime was nuts and should have sold more IMO. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

its time again...

pick up Saturday night in Malaga.

booked with Budget through AutoEurope as a "Seat Leon Estate or Similar"

what will it be!!!! Ill update on Sunday, as the flight arrives pretty late Sat night

Ooh - you might actually get a Leon Estate - we booked a Leon sized car in Portugal a couple of years ago and got exactly that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skomaz said:

Ooh - you might actually get a Leon Estate - we booked a Leon sized car in Portugal a couple of years ago and got exactly that!

yeah, im thinking it being Spain improves the odds a bit, that said i booked the same in Alicante back end of 2022 and got an MG ZS suv...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

its time again...

pick up Saturday night in Malaga.

booked with Budget through AutoEurope as a "Seat Leon Estate or Similar"

what will it be!!!! Ill update on Sunday, as the flight arrives pretty late Sat night

A Cupra?

20240219_130139.thumb.jpg.a864dc759f7e7e11f0e82da1fe6fdb6d.jpg

so, yeah, its a golf estate.

its easy to drive, easy to gauge spaces. 

keyless fob, electric handbrake (not something i like in any car)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thought I would tag onto this thread if @mac11irl doesn't mind...

Got a Corsa booked in Lanzarote from Cabrera Medina from tomorrow...

Any guesses

• Like 1

car hire bingo is open for all to play, 

i always shared my toys as a kid ;)

a Corsa in Lanzarote?

the obvious would be an Ibiza, but i would expect it to be listed as that or similar... so....

Peugeot 209 or a micra..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

Thought I would tag onto this thread if @mac11irl doesn't mind...

Got a Corsa booked in Lanzarote from Cabrera Medina from tomorrow...

Any guesses

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

car hire bingo is open for all to play, 

i always shared my toys as a kid ;)

a Corsa in Lanzarote?

the obvious would be an Ibiza, but i would expect it to be listed as that or similar... so....

Peugeot 209 or a micra..

Or a Fraud Fester, Fix It Again Toni 500...

6 hours ago, Paws4Thot said:

Or a Fraud Fester, Fix It Again Toni 500...

nah, 500 is too small for the corsa size class with the car hire game in my opinion...

• Like 1

Interesting choices...   Last two times with hiday cars I booked a Leon and a Panda and got a Leon and a Panda...   So I guess we'll see... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skomaz said:

Interesting choices...   Last two times with hiday cars I booked a Leon and a Panda and got a Leon and a Panda...   So I guess we'll see... 

i considered suggesting a panda but then swapped to the 209, thought the panda might a bit "big" in the corsa bracket. 

hire companies are weird about how they size cars..

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

i considered suggesting a panda but then swapped to the 209, thought the panda might a bit "big" in the corsa bracket. 

hire companies are weird about how they size cars..

The Panda was a hybrid and totally gutless but I loved the pattern on the dashboard and doors that was made using the letters P A N D A...

As for sizing...   I once booked a Kia Picanto  in Belfast and got a Sportage!

IMG_20221027_143728.jpg

Edited by skomaz

11 minutes ago, skomaz said:

As for sizing...   I once booked a Kia Picanto  in Belfast and got a Sportage!

Note types contemporary to when this happened; I was booked "A Rover 400 or similar", got to the hirer and was offered "A Rover 400, an Au'tin Montego estate or a Ford Mondeo estate". I took the recently introduced to market Mondeo.

• Like 1