Kodiaq unreliable? Alternative 7-seaters?

On 12/05/2019 at 17:46, shyVRS245 said:

Please name and shame these "fanboys" we are awaiting with moist anticipation.:notme:

Tell you what, when I get some spare time at the weekend I'll spend an hour using the (hint hint) search facility on this site to quote the posts I'm referring to.

It might be embarrassing for those who made the claims but I'm not actually bothered.

I'll post back.

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2019 at 18:51, Flek said:

@SkodaVRS1963 I would be willing to consider myself as Skoda fanboy. That's why I am reading this site after all. I am not Skoda employee in any way, but I have ordered Kodiaq RS (should arrive in December). I didn't notice anybody labeling others as trolls, and I am quite surprised about requests for 'proactive removal of posts'. Can you mention posts that upset you so much that you want them removed so nobody else can read them?

I don't think I have, in fact I know I haven't, ever used the phrase "proactive removal of posts"?

I'd never ask for a post to be removed just because it doesn't fit with my point of view; it's called freedom of speech.

You might want to retract your statement.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:42, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Yes and no.

Every forum, including this one, has what are known as "fanboys".  These are people (quite often manufacturer employee plants) who will label everyone who dares to complain about the brand as "a troll".

These same people will make outrageous claims about the car they allegedly drive; e.g "my car has done 60,000 and has still got 7mm on the front tyres" or "my chipped 245bhp petrol is actually pushing out 320bhp and I still get 55mpg".

You soon get to spot them, they're very transparent.

I do wish the moderators on forums (including this one) were more proactive in removing such posts because all they do is create unrealistic expectations about the brand.

Err, what does that last line say?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Wino said:

Err, what does that last line say?

Behave.

If you facilitate an internet forum then you, unfortunately, do attract "fanboys" whose whole raison d'etre is to promote the brand at all costs and at all expense of reason.

Those users need to be purged because, as I said, they create unrealistic expectations of the brand and their views are nonsensical.

They are immune from my earlier observations.

A newbie browsing this site who sees posts claiming (a) 50+mpg from a chipped 220TSi or (b) 50,000 miles from a set of tyres is only ever going to end up disgruntled because

(a) he/she only ever getting 27mpg and

(b) he/she only ever gets 17,000 miles

Most grown ups are capable of smelling bull$h!t.....I'm more fascinated by why people feel the need to spread it?

13 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

If you facilitate an internet forum then you, unfortunately, do attract "fanboys" whose whole raison d'etre is to promote the brand at all costs and at all expense of reason.

Those users need to be purged because, as I said, they create unrealistic expectations of the brand and their views are nonsensical.

Welcome to the Internet. You must be new here.

There are also those users who come into forums such as these with the opposite agenda, and they create false negative impressions of the brand.

And then you get people who post positive or negative things because that’s what their personal experiences have been.

How do you tell the difference? Well, you don’t have to - you just accept that all exist and you take anything that’s said on an Internet forum with a pinch of salt and move on with your life. You do your own research into the car you want to buy, your take it out for one or more test drives, and you make your own mind up about whether it is the right car for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well to get back on track I have to say in 2 years of kodiaq ownership I have been lucky enough to have 0 problems with my car (16k ) in fact in 6 days I will be picking up a new kodiaq with latter spec digi dash fingers crossed all will be well with this too 👍

• 3 months later...
On 13/05/2019 at 05:51, Flek said:

I was talking more in general. Every company has faulty batches. It's important how companies deal with these but I can't comment on these because it's different in every country (eg. Skoda UK). It's pretty good in my country.

My point was that for example in my country (Czech republic) everyone would be driving Toyota (me included). We are generally cheap-asses which doesn't care about fancy german soft-plastic etc. We care about reliability and longevity, that is at least for me measurement of quality. Toyotas are best in this regard by far and only thing which is holding them down in our country is that they are just more rusty (less safe) after 10 years of service if it was parked on the street. Skodas are guilty of some famous german overengineering but not so much as VW and luckily for me Skoda is at home here so we get lowest maintenance/repair costs by far (any mechanic can work your car and once your car is out of warranty you can already find any spare parts on scrap yards).

@SkodaVRS1963 I would be willing to consider myself as Skoda fanboy. That's why I am reading this site after all. I am not Skoda employee in any way, but I have ordered Kodiaq RS (should arrive in December). I didn't notice anybody labeling others as trolls, and I am quite surprised about requests for 'proactive removal of posts'. Can you mention posts that upset you so much that you want them removed so nobody else can read them?

hi from NZ . how much does a Kodiaq RS cost in the Czech Republic, and what options are not included ?

for that base price you get technology packet for free (laminated front side windows, tinted rear windows, adaptive cruise, lane + side assist, electric child locks, door protectors, rear side window sunblinds). Almost every new order includes winterpacket, webasto is must to have here on winter. 

Chris - we in NZ get the best priced Kodiaq RS' anywhere. Circa €41,300/£36,700 starting price and comes with basically everything. All metallic paints bar Velvet Red Metallic and Crystal Black Metallic are free (those two are €860/£760).

image.thumb.png.316b13d0e97b91f8099d820a98f89f18.pngimage.thumb.png.b743568d3b4532a49c8efac20dfa8d0b.png