190 TSI, anyone?

1 hour ago, Greenliner1 said:

Kodiaq ea888 gen 3b 2.0 Tsi 190 with GPF definitely has MPI see my photo below, the black plastic rail feeds the port injectors.

So if you have a 2.0 TSI and have the black plastic rail shown below you have the MPI and shouldn’t suffer from intake valve issues mentioned in the post.

You can just see the red / purple wires going to one of the port injectors on the left hand side beneath the fuelling rail.

Thanks Greenliner1, that's very helpful. I have just checked mine, and can just see the end of the plastic rail and the wires as you described. I didn't try to remove the engine cover - not least 'cos it's raining! I have checked the engine code, and the Kodiaq and Octavia 190ps is DKZA, whilst the 272ps Superb engine, which has not got MPI, is DNUA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Sweephand Well we’re 82PS short but we do have MPI😀 and better efficiency (I hope). Thanks for the DKZA engine code info.

I did consider a 280 / 272 superb estate and would have been a bit concerned by the loss of MPI but it’s not certain that will be an issue on the latest gen 3 272PS engines as hopefully they’ve learnt from the gen 2 units!

I went for the biggest petrol unit available in the Kodiaq but also couldn’t find absolute proof if it was MPI or not till it was in my hands. The 190 had the additional Gasoline Particulate Filters and I thought they may have done similar to the 180 unit as they did with the 280 when they added GPFs but thankfully not.

Hope you are enjoying your Octy

Best Regards 

Edited by Greenliner1

Now I'm searching with the correct '3b' suffix I am seeing evidence of the dual injection systems.

Funnily enough it is rarely reported in the text but they are clearly shown in accompanying illustrations and Budack explanatory animations.

Some VW marketing blurb also claim 1.4tsi (like) consumption levels for it, but while they are better than the previous 2.0tsi versions I am not sure they really match that claim.

I am keen to hear from any EA 888 3B consumption conscious drivers out there who would like to report impressive returns to dissuade me from my current view though. :) 

Edited by Gerrycan

Would be happy to give some initial feedback on the real world MPG, but unfortunately my new car is still many weeks away from being made. 

Hopefully this means it'll have the MPI fuel rail 😨

Edited by TDIum

Not the first time I have been envious of the Danes 😀

If I am reading that right you are seeing 5.6 l/100km long term average which is a great result and better than my TDI

Edited by TDIum

11 hours ago, TDIum said:

Would be happy to give some initial feedback on the real world MPG, but unfortunately my new car is still many weeks away from being made. 

Hopefully this means it'll have the MPI fuel rail 😨

Don't see why it wouldn't have it - don't think you need to worry. 

42 minutes ago, Michael_DK said:

Yes, just like mine, DKZA.

I read somewhere, that It's only the US marked, that won't have MPI fuel rail, maybe because of different emission rules.

Yes, that's what I have found out from googling about this. I think the forums about these issues are primarily USA based.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that my brand new 2.0 TSI also has MPI.

Engine code: DKZ, manufacture date (sticker on the engine): March 2019.

Here's a picture of my engine:

IMG_3256.thumb.JPG.c0d54a4afa6306cddebbefebe868eceb.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aki78 said:

I can confirm that my brand new 2.0 TSI also has MPI.

Engine code: DKZ, manufacture date (sticker on the engine): March 2019.

Here's a picture of my engine:

IMG_3256.thumb.JPG.c0d54a4afa6306cddebbefebe868eceb.JPG

Somebody pinched the plastic engine cover.:tongueout:

On 26/05/2019 at 20:33, Sweephand said:

I have one, an estate (in the right colour ;) )

Totally agree!  Best colour and gives an extra 15 bhp 😁.

On the MY20 KODIAQ the plastic engine cover no longer has Skoda printed on it.

I suppose it’s to save a bit of money through common engine parts between brands or it’s part of a branding exercise with the new rear S K O D A lettering layout.

Some years ago I swapped nicely badged but identical plastic covers with a mates Audi A3 1.6 CR engine and my mk2 Superb 1.6 CR for a joke. 

We had plenty of people scratching their heads in both cases!!