2013 Octavia with 51k

I know you liked the car but no matter what the dealer did to fix this one, if it were me I don't think I'd ever have much confidence in it.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread and it looks like a great result, Dodgy salesmen is a right pain.  Full marks to the manager giving you a refund and admitting the car was not up to there standards.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Full marks to the manager giving you a refund and admitting the car was not up to there standards.

+1 👍

Restores a bit of faith at least.

Gaz

• Like 1

Just have to find another now, going to look at newer and put a bit in finance and thanks to Sasha I now want mib2 also as that glossy screen is swish. I can live without the lane guidance, it was horrible unlikely to get xenons which is sad. I'd like park assist still for the wife and park pilot and loved the adaptive cruise.

As you are back to the drawing board is it worth looking at petrol or even other models?  Just interested in why you chose Octavia and whether you are set on one?  I was looking at leon estates too.  They do the lovely 1.8tsi in FR spec which comes with multilink rear suspension.  bit like vrs-lite but more toys.

The advert's no longer up on the Skoda website for the car, but the images still seem there.

The "dodgy door" seems to show up even in this photo to me...

xxl_kfz818959_img_05771.jpg

Well done for getting them to agree to take it back!

• Like 1

How odd that photo they never used, I have a feeling Somerset knew as thats where the car came from. Odd the original advert never had that pic.

Edited by Nikonite

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

As you are back to the drawing board is it worth looking at petrol or even other models?  Just interested in why you chose Octavia and whether you are set on one?  I was looking at leon estates too.  They do the lovely 1.8tsi in FR spec which comes with multilink rear suspension.  bit like vrs-lite but more toys.

We looked at the fr, they are nice yes and a petrol would be fine . All the ones we saw didn't have half of the spec this does though. To be honest my last experience of Briskoda played a big part, I managed to make some friends here with my MK2 pre fl and ended up fitting loads of options to my poverty spec estate. I even managed to fit maxidot, code the immobiliser make two spare keys etc. 

22 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

How odd that photo they never used, I have a feeling Somerset knew as thats where the car came from. Odd the original advert never had that pic.

Not odd just a calculated decision to deceive possible punters. Hopefully the car will end up at an auction and find its true value once traders see through all the issues with it.:thinking:

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

take it back to them as soon as you can and leave it with them.

+1

If you keep driving it someone else at the dealer "could" use that to say you were accepting the car, take it back NOW and leave it there but keep the keys.

Edited by PetrolDave

If you want to retain the high spec I recommend looking for an L&K spec car with the options you want as they are more likely to have a good spec and a darker interior (the brown is not that bad). Mileage doesn’t equal good condition in my book, do you have an upper mileage limit? There was a nice white L&K up last I looked that was under your budget but it had about the same mileage as mine, 110k.

1 hour ago, Nikonite said:

I think ideally under 80k Sasha, if it was all the same colour that would be a bonus.

It's good to see you've your sense of humour through all the stress (nothing worse than SWMBO telling you about your mistake as well) most of us have worn this T-Shirt at least once when buying a lemon IMHO.:blush

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, benterrier said:

It's going back, well done. 

Anything you fancy next time check it out and satisfy yourself your getting what you want. 

Regards 

Patience is a virtue unfortunately I have no patience, too impulsive.:shake:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nikonite said:

That is shocking as I never would have sent it down here had I seen that picture. Luckily my branch are being more honest!

With a history of 4 out of 4 MOT failures, I wouldn't have needed a picture.

Apologies for saying this but each time I look at this thread it just throws up more questions than answers.  You mentioned earlier about waiting for the log book and Sasha replied not to worry as it doesn't take long to come thru.  Is it correct that you don't physically have the log book yet? If true then how did the garage you bought it from manage to tax it?  Its against the law to sell a car with it's old tax disc, the car needs to be taxed by the new owner and in order to do that, you need the V5.

If the above is true then I'll get that crystal ball out again...   This time it's telling me not to praise the garage for giving you your money back, but telling me the manager is 5hitting himself in case you did take it any further. That of course is on top of 5hitting himself they've probably sold you an accident damaged car which wasn't declared at the time of sale.

Good luck searching for the new car. This time remember the golden rule - never let your heart rule your head.

They taxed it using my debit card and gave me the new keepers supplement. The biggest problem I have is being right at the end of the country (just before you fall off) and having nobody here to run me anywhere and no railway station nearby.

Edited by Nikonite

Just now, SashaGrace said:

With red it’s not unusual for the paint that doesn’t see the sun to look richer and ‘newer’ as red has a habit of fading more than other colours.

It almost looks too clean under the bonnet unless whoever valeted it used a jetwash to blast off all the muck that builds up. Looks cleaner than my 23 month old car.:tongueout:

• Like 1