Nearside Xenon headlight unit needed for RHD Superb II

Hi, chapz,

I have a RHD 2012 Skoda Superb FJ12 WNF with Xenons and I need a nearside headlight.  My part number is 1ZS 247 047-11 but I cannot find that part number ANYWHERE on the internet.  I can find plenty of 1ZS 247 047-361, however.

Will the 1ZS 247 047-361 fit, do you think?

Many thanks.

Headlight Code.jpg

Thanks but that throws up mainly halogen units.  The 1ZS... is specifically xenon...

34 minutes ago, Noddy90 said:

Thanks but that throws up mainly halogen units.  The 1ZS... is specifically xenon...

Erm... If you match the full 3T2 part number it'll be an exact match to your existing unit. There are other similar part numbers which can be halogen but the last three digits or suffix will be different.

For example, eBay items 223561447154 and 273890701496 are both matches and xenon.

• Like 2

OK; cheers, boys.  That's helpful.

Still not having much luck getting hits, though, even on a Skoda parts-code-matching site...

Hey - that second Ebay link looks very promising - many thanks!

The first one didn't work... Could you possibly re-check?

I'm very grateful!

• 2 weeks later...

Bah - the Ebay one was duff so I'm back in the market.

Different question, though:

Is there anything to stop me stripping out the Xenon units and switching to halogens instead?  I could get 2 halogens for half the price of a single Xenon...

Are the fittings and electrics compatible?

Help and advice much appreciated. :-)

Shame about the eBay unit.

It's not completely trivial to convert from xenon to halogen headlights but certainly doable.

Off the top of my head:

- different connectors, halogen use 10 pins and xenons use 14

- AFS master would need removing/unplugging and associated coding changes

- manual headlight range/height adjustment dial and wiring would need adding

The extra AFS wiring and level sensors can be left in place.

Wow - that was a quick answer!

What sort of costs and labour time do you imagine we're talking here?  Are the required parts easy to track down?

Many thanks for your help...

At a guess, it would be less than £50 for the 5 connectors, wire and adjustment dial.

Really not sure how long it would take someone to do. On my Octavia I did the opposite so replaced the stock halogen headlights with xenons including all the sensors etc, it probably took about 12 hours but it was spread over a few days and the car needed to be drivable between sessions.

Maybe 3-4 hours as I think the bumper needs to come off to access the headlights?

You could get a replacement unit from carparts4less.co.uk (eurocarparts mail order only sister company) - the only issue could be that it doesn't contain the 'SUPERB' embossed into the side, but if that's not an issue for you then that could be an option?

Just checked and with the current offers on, it would cost £305 https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Skoda_Superb_1.8_2012/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/headlight/?471780290&1&f93121c15e5123a632436ae91a0836314ba10dd7&000176

Decided I'm not going down the halogen route but thanks for your help, langers.

Thanks for that link, Mark - that's the best price I've seen anywhere!

My A6 Allroad had Halogen when I first picked it up, they use the levelling system anyway so their halogen lights have auto levelling as standard. It also had headlight washers. 

With the Allroad you can fit the Xenon units as everything is already in place, same headlight connector too, mind you it didn’t have AFS. I got the units brand new to me at £400 each.

I would have thought to leave everything connected and have auto halogen levelling.

you will miss the brightness of the Xenon though.

I could never go back to them now.

8 hours ago, 3T51704x4 said:

I would have thought to leave everything connected and have auto halogen levelling.

That wouldn't work I'm afraid. At least not in a MK2 superb and other similar vehicles with AFS xenon's.

Xenon headlights have an extra controller which connect via CAN to control the headlight aim/range.

Halogen units don't have this controller and instead connect to the headlight aim adjustment dial which is basically a potentiometer.

Completely different and incompatible systems 🙂

Yeah, these are so much better than the Allroad lights as they have a shutter for main beam too, RS6 did back in 2005 but not AFS, best just to bite the bullet and get the proper lights, you won’t be happy with H7s after having xenon and will introduce a hurdle when selling the car.

Edited by 3T51704x4