STUTTERING '06ers vRS OWNERS POLL

Does your 2006 Fabia vRS Stutter?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does your 2006 Fabia vRS Stutter?

• Yes
    • No

Mine does it if I try really hard to make it do it, when you know what causes it it's pretty simple to adjust your driving style to suit. Having said that though, it shouldn't really be therre in the first place but it's a small sacrifice to make of all of the other plus points that you get with a vrs.

Is it restricted to the 06 vrs only or does the seat and the 100bhp fabias do it?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if i'm a "yes" or a "no". Traded in a 04 plate for a Ltd Ed. Followed the sticky on the stutter for a few weeks before i picked up the Ltd Ed, didn't half make me nervous what with the stutter and long drawn out wait for the car. Come collection day had a bit of a dry throat. Drove it off the forecourt straight into heavy traffic,thought **** what have i bought here, big stutter/flatspot. Mile down the road, nearly went round the roundabout and back for my old 04. But perseverance seems to have paid off, car improved a lot on the 60 mile journey home, been getting slowly better all the time, now coming up to 1000 miles and it's virtually gone, even if i try to make it do it. Last seven or eight pages on the sticky will tell you everything you need to know about the stutter. If SUK have suspended the simple gasket fix in lieu of something more complex from VAG i'd be interested to hear about it though. Good luck to anybody with a severe case of the stutter, though it spoils an otherwise great car.