1. 1. Does your 2006 Fabia vRS Stutter?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all

Took my 06 VRS in for a couple minor issues on saturday, I had also arranged to take out a Technician on road test to try and demonstrate the stutter, just as I thought not a thing!:thumbdwn: But I did find out Skoda UK have issued a Bulletin about this increasing problem.:thumbup:

This is only effecting Vehicles with the code" BLT "

I was wondering how many of you with this fault have actually been to your dealer concerning this?

Hope this Helps

Hi Jas

At the risk of sounding dumb, where do you find the 'BLT' code on your vehicle?

In answer to your question, I've tried to demonstrate the stutter (with limited success) at one dealer and informed the dealer that I bought the car from of it (which they have logged).

I didn't realise that Skoda UK had posted a bulletin regarding the fault - did you ask if it contains a fix perchance??

Cheers

Suncat:cool:

Hi folks

Just a quick update. Found my 'BLT' code in the front of the Service Schedule booklet. I'll call Skoda UK tomorrow to find out if they've fixed the problem yet!!

The engine code is also on the DVLA Registration Certificate (V5C).

The bulletin only says Skoda are aware of the problem and advises dealers to take written details (they have a special form) from affected customers and a VAG-COM printout and send them off. There is no mention of a fix or a timetable for solving the problem.

I rejected my car under the Sale Of Goods Act on Saturday as I do not believe there will be a fix in a reasonable time. The dealer also botched a "wrinkly seat" repair (see "wrinleys" post) and damaged the car which precipitated a crisis for me. The car was new in March '06.

Hi SunCat:thumbup:

Thanks for getting Back, It seems to be quite on the stuttering front at the Mo!!!

The Code "BLT" is the Engine Code! you can find it in the boot , lift the Boot Cover there you will find a sticker and halfway down your find the Code "BLT"

I have been told by a very good source;) that Skoda UK have two vehicles at milton - Keynes with the Fault:O

(as also someone else quoted with in this tread)

so I v'e been told its to do with the new euro 4 emissions and they think its possibly to do with the EGR and maybe the diesel fuel Temprature!!! and there should be a fix shortly:smash: a possible software upgrade:thumbup:

Think mine stuttered for the first time proper today. It's done 1300 miles in about three weeks and I've sort of felt something a bit odd occasionally, but most certainly today. I was doing about 25 in third and easing off the accelerator - when I put my foot down again it hesitated.

Checked my serial numbers etc. and they're the same as the previous posters - and obviously mine's a 06 model.

I see in a previous post, Skoda have put out a bulletin. Is this commonly available to us owners? Should I go back to the garage?

It's not really had any effect on my driving but it's most defintely there.

Steve.

I was doing about 25 in third and easing off the accelerator - when I put my foot down again it hesitated.

Steve.

Yep, that's it exactly. OK when you drive it hard, but very jerky progress in town traffic. The bulletin was issued to Skoda dealers to advise them how to deal with customers, but they're usually happy to read it out word for word. The more people who complain, the more likely a fix. Too late for me; mine's going back.

Hi there,

Just picked up my new 06 VRS on Monday and having covered about 250 miles, the stutter has begun:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Same conditions as all you other guys and gals, 1500-1900rpm, light throttle and "Stutter..stutter" :mad: :mad:

I managed to count 14 occurances on my 19 mile journey home and it is already becoming slightly annoying - especially as I am trying to run the thing in :( :(

Checked all the codes and again the same with the "BLT" code and also the actual numbers from the ECU:-

038 906 019 NJ

0 281 011 823

What do we have to do to get any answers from Skoda ????

There on the Case:thumbup:

just makesure you inform the dealer they will fill in the relevant form, download your ecu and send the information to skoda uk.

And then we wait:O

Fingers crossed it won't be long:confused:

I'd still like to know the software number from a non stuttering 06 vrs, I started a tread asking for help with this, but not much happened just got plenty of pi$$ taking:P

Cheers

:thumbup:

What do we have to do to get any answers from Skoda ????

Tell them you will reject the car under the terms of The Sale Of Goods Act if it is not fixed within a short space of time. I've rejected mine and it's been sat on the dealer's forecourt for the last week. The dealer is putting up a fight, so I may be the first vRS owner in the county court.

Tell them you will reject the car under the terms of The Sale Of Goods Act if it is not fixed within a short space of time. I've rejected mine and it's been sat on the dealer's forecourt for the last week. The dealer is putting up a fight, so I may be the first vRS owner in the county court.

no offense but I think you are goign over the top a bit!

The UK is gettign so much like the USA in regards to sueing people!

I know it's your hard earned cash, but i'm sure they will sort it soon, seems like it will need new ecu software to fix it. As for it not fit to driv! :eek: . how come all the rest of the people can still drive it?:confused:

Possibly, but I had other faults too and lousy customer service.

One other thought; if Skoda comes up with a solution will anybody demand proof that the engine still meets Euro IV standards? Otherwise there could be a surprise come the first MOT - after all an easy fix would be to return the engine to Euro III specs, which seems to have been stutter-free from the test-drive cars I tried.

As for it not fit to driv! . how come all the rest of the people can still drive it?

It's not a matter of "fit to drive"; if you reject a car and continue to drive it you can be deemed to have "accepted" the car in law and lose your right to a refund.

Promised to be here March and still waiting.

IF they don't sort thereselves out I will go PUBLIC on here!

You don't strike me as the sort to accept a bad deal either!

Chris - In consumer law you have to act quickly in such matters FWIW I think Kerry has acted in the most reasonable and proper way to do so. Good on yer!! ;)

Spoke to the Service Manager at Winchester Skoda today, and he says Skoda are well aware of this fault which affets EVERY new Vrs, and Skoda are working on it..............

You don't strike me as the sort to accept a bad deal either!

yes but I havn't got my car! you have, A very big difference....and If I had got my car I wouldn't reject it seen as i have been waiting soo long. Although even if I hadn't waited so long I still wouldn't reject it.

It's seems a fix that they will sort out quickly, If you understand the problem it's easier to understand how quickly it can be rectified.

I ordered in January! Proised March...then promised April....still no sign although it could be here next week im told!

Chris - In consumer law you have to act quickly in such matters FWIW I think Kerry has acted in the most reasonable and proper way to do so. Good on yer!! ;)

what taking them to court? I don't see anyone else doing this? or even threatening to do this.

yes fair enough it's your right to do it but then we have rights to do alot of things but we don't and why is that?......

cos alot of us are not as pedantic about things!

Do you guys reckon I need to actually take my car to the dealer? I doubt I will be able to recreate the stutter, so do you think they will accept a phone call just so they are aware of the amount of people that are encountering this?

Hi Pixi

I tried to leave my details with Skoda UK yesterday on the phone. However they insisted that I take my car to a dealer. I have already been to one dealer to demonstrate the fault and I've also informed the dealer that I purchased the car from (who have logged it).

I reluctantly agreed to take mine in again after they offered to phone the dealer and inform them of exactly what tests that they required to be performed. They even went further and booked the appointment for me.

As to whether you should take it in, it's up to you but the more information Skoda collate, the quicker the fault will be rectified. However, I totally sympathise with you potentially failing to be able to demonstrate the fault 'on demand'. I've managed it once in three attempts - bl**dy thing seems to know it's at the dealers (perhaps there's a sensor for this!!:confused: )

Happy sttttuttterrrring

what taking them to court? I don't see anyone else doing this? or even threatening to do this.

yes fair enough it's your right to do it but then we have rights to do alot of things but we don't and why is that?......

cos alot of us are not as pedantic about things!

Have you ever been in the unfortunate position of having to reject a car?

If you are prepared to accept a car that is not operating in the manner in which it was designed to then more fool you.

The law is there for a reason, to be followed and obeyed - If you don't play the game from the beginning you can't jump on the bandwagen 6 months down the line as you may be considered to have accepted the problem.

Your car - Your choice, don't criticise or belittle someone else for theirs.

As a side note and in relation to your perticular case - If you are awaiting delivery of your car and the dealer has failed to meet an agreed delivery date then they are in breach of contract themselves. Let it roll at your peril, if you have any intention of carrying out your threats you need to do some reading up and take some action now.

Hi all I am a relatively new fabia vrs driver(picked up my jan 06 in march). prior to the fabia I had a fire breathing octavia vrs!! I sorely miss this car but I dont miss 20 mpg!! Anyway after havin the car for 3 weeks had it remapped at star performance who did a **** hot job. bout 500 miles ago I noticed the car was a little bit jerky in the low revs but I am putting most of this down to the map and probably my pish driving as you hardly touch the gas at 40 mph!! Hope this helps!!

dp

Have you ever been in the unfortunate position of having to reject a car?

If you are prepared to accept a car that is not operating in the manner in which it was designed to then more fool you.

The law is there for a reason' date=' to be followed and obeyed - If you don't play the game from the beginning you can't jump on the bandwagen 6 months down the line as you may be considered to have accepted the problem.

Your car - Your choice, don't criticise or belittle someone else for theirs.

As a side note and in relation to your perticular case - If you are awaiting delivery of your car and the dealer has failed to meet an agreed delivery date then they are in breach of contract themselves. Let it roll at your peril, if you have any intention of carrying out your threats you need to do some reading up and take some action now.[/quote']

again Im not as pedeantic about these things. I am annoyed a lot, but I don't think I would like to see myself fall in to the craze of the sueing culture!

at the end of the day what is a person going to get out of taking someone to court? MONEY!? still not a car!

I'm thinking of Abba song MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!;)

also I did get a courtesy car out of my experience and have been driving it for 3 weeks now! without having to sue! (sew?)

anyway like you say people can do as they like which is fair enough. I don't see anything wrong with giving my view on it at all. free country and all!

"like a red rag to a bull in here"

lets get back on topic.......Latest news from skoda?

It's not about money it's about ensuring you get a servicable car, you assume it will end in court but often that is not necessary it can simply be enough to let the dealer know that you are serious.