16th Nov 2019 Rolling Road Day @ JKM Portsmouth

Yeah yours is probs still on podium :) mine is only a stage '1.5' (Ben @ Shark / Racingline used mine as the pfl 220 - pfl 230 R&D version with the components I had on there), but I wanted it optimised for drivability rather than peak power - it's going to be a very long-termer after all. I'll be happy with 300-310, but honestly got no idea!

5 hours ago, AndrewE said:

Not sure I will still be there when you arrive, it would have been good to see yours.

When mine was mapped it came in at 343.4bhp and 357ftlbs (485nm)

Where did you have it done ? Not all rollers are equal & JKM are called the "heartbreak rollers" but, that's why we use them.

I am checking out some 4 x 4 rollers for future use/wider appeal but, the rolling road accuracy & value must be right or we won't use it, no bar room bragging numbers here.

Currently sat waiting for new rubber, £235 for a pair of PS4S ain't too bad though

20191112_144212.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Where did you have it done ? Not all rollers are equal & JKM are called the "heartbreak rollers" but, that's why we use them.

I am checking out some 4 x 4 rollers for future use/wider appeal but, the rolling road accuracy & value must be right or we won't use it, no bar room bragging numbers here.

Currently sat waiting for new rubber, £235 for a pair of PS4S ain't too bad though

20191112_144212.jpg

Check out The Tuning Society in Basingstoke aka Basingstoke Remapping Centre.

He’s very big on Vauxpoop cars but seems to know his stuff. I did a run there after my stage 2 at AMD and the numbers were as near as dam-it identical, which says to me AMD and theirs at fairly accurate.

JKM will be interesting to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Chris245 said:

Check out The Tuning Society in Basingstoke aka Basingstoke Remapping Centre.

He’s very big on Vauxpoop cars but seems to know his stuff. I did a run there after my stage 2 at AMD and the numbers were as near as dam-it identical, which says to me AMD and theirs at fairly accurate.

JKM will be interesting to see what happens.

If Chris gets close to his AmD figures then mine are almost identical to his at 335.9bhp and 517nm (380lb/ft).

46 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

If Chris gets close to his AmD figures then mine are almost identical to his at 335.9bhp and 517nm (380lb/ft).

Sounds like it could be close for a few of us. Better get some excuses in ready then #standardmanualclutch, #not stage2. 🤣😂

Edited by AndrewE
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

Sounds like it could be close for a few of us. Better get some excuses in ready then #standardmanualclutch, #not stage2. 🤣😂

For me its not always about chasing numbers, car pulls like a train and can't use the power in this weather anyway, its all about how it drives......but numbers are good 😁

Nothing will beat the 710bhp and 850 lb/ft I had in my old E63 though so i'm now just happy with it, and it is what it is.

Speaking with the guys at AMD and VRT Slough, some interesting points to note that the PFL cars have the more tuneable engine than the post FL cars. Apparently mine has the smaller injectors and and EGR (or something like that) valve which is all to do with emissions and stuff and takes a good 10-20bhp away. They have both said that you cannot change the injectors as all the fitment in the head and fuel rail is different along some other stuff......again, all emissions related apparently.

The wife has the new SEAT Tarracco with exactly the same engine as the VRS but its in 190bhp form and according to REVO and AMD, a stage one map on that and it'll only see, max 280bhp due to the way the engine is setup and the emission restrictions.

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping for 150ish this time, made a healthy 158hp last time however its had a replacement turbo and cambelt since then and think the torsion value may need adjustment. Also if anyone needs it I'll be bringing vcds hex-can with me on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Ok the running order is now fixed & sent JKM but, should you have any of you need any last minute changes, message me & I'll try to sort it out. Any changes will need to essential

Have fun, take lots of photos but, please ask the car owner's permission before posting anyone else's number plates which are on the screen/printouts & I'll see some of later runners on Saturday 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex-W said:

Ok, so chatting to a mate with a newly aquired FN2 civic, he'd quite like to squeeze in if possible?

Or is it too late?

Ok @Alex-W your Civic friend is in running 1 behind you in 6th, sorry everybody else is bumped back 1 place but, it's ok cos Alec's friend is making the tea as penance 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

I'm leaving london at about 10-10:30 so getting down for about 11:30-12ish.

Worth me bringing vcds in case someone wants code resets?

My car is get it's alignment sorted out today :)

Might gap the plugs properly before I set off tomorrow morning.

Opted not to get the car mapped since it's not really worth risking it. Plus it's crawling around london mostly!

Edited by bspman
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Ok @Alex-W your Civic friend is in running 1 behind you in 6th, sorry everybody else is bumped back 1 place but, it's ok cos Alec's friend is making the tea as penance 😂😂😂😂

Awesome, cheers.

It's only a NASP civic, so it won't take long....  

I'm hoping next year I'll have spent a bit of time on my Accord and can run that with confidence.  Presently I'm only picking it up from being welded today and have my MOT I need to hold it's hand through next week so I don't want to temp fate.

On 13/11/2019 at 18:04, Updown789 said:

I'm hoping for 150ish this time, made a healthy 158hp last time however its had a replacement turbo and cambelt since then and think the torsion value may need adjustment. Also if anyone needs it I'll be bringing vcds hex-can with me on Saturday. 

If you can bring VCDS, I have a couple of minor bits that I cannot get working through ODB11 so would appreciate someone having a look.

1 hour ago, Chris245 said:

If you can bring VCDS, I have a couple of minor bits that I cannot get working through ODB11 so would appreciate someone having a look.

You might wanna check out Sasha's coding write up of the Mk3vRSOC website, it's usually something simple you've missed out

21 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You might wanna check out Sasha's coding write up of the Mk3vRSOC website, it's usually something simple you've missed out

Looked and tried, can’t see what I have missed....sometimes need a fresh pair of eyes and like you say, will be something simple

With the deepest of regrets JKM Portsmouth will NOT be able to run the Rolling Road tomorrow. This afternoon during the fitting of the additional viewing screens for tomorrow's event, the software had to be turned off. Despite all of JKM's best efforts the software has not been able to be rebooted.

Unfortunately, the rolling road system is Australian (without UK support) & therefore no technical support is available until 3am Monday morning.  Jim, Keith & Kate are absolutely gutted to have to let everybody down.

JKM & I will discuss a future date to rearrange this event for, but, I see little point trying before the January pay packet has landed due to time & financial commitments we all have.

I'll tag you all below to ensure you get an e-mail & whilst I accept no one is going to be happy can you all please post back on the thread to tell me you seen this post.

@Chris245, @AndrewE, @CallmeGaz, @Robsskoda, @Alex-W, @Gaz0809, @EllenHyuga, @Ads230@Updown789@bspman

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Thanks 4