Budget All Season Tyres

k.young

I'm considering all season tyres given the time of year but I'm limited on budget..........has anyone used these??

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m142b0s10015p162944/Accelera_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Accelera_X-Grip_4S_-_235_40_R19_96Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Have they even got the TPMSS symbol? ( Three Peak Mountain Snowflake Symbol. )

The Vredestein Quatrac 5' s work very well and have the TPMSS rating. I use them in the winter, down south here.

Thanks AG Falco

All weather tyres need to be good performers to work in extreme conditions. Your life may depend on it.

Check tyre reviews for recommended all season tyres. I use Vredestein Quatrac5.

Don’t know those tyres, but generally budget tyres should be avoided, they don’t have complicated compounds designed to deal well with all situations: warm and cold, wet and dry, smooth or rippled tar.  So might let go when you need to stop or swerve in an emergency.

Your signature suggests you drive L&K spec, that doesn’t come with a weedy engine, or smallest tyres, so you need good tyres.   If you can afford that spec then increase your budget and get Vredestein Quatrac 5

What a shame when the Tyre Brand Snobbery continues and anyone just assumes less expensive tyres as in budget and on a budget are rubbish.

It is nice if people can comment from experience of the tyres being asked about.

Being half the price does not always equate to being rubbish tyres or as some will say ditch finders.

http://tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Accelera/X-Grip.html

http://acceleratire.com/tires/x-grip-4s

I might try their Snow Tyre sometime as i don't need the Allseasons.

If my CrossClimates i just fitted need changed when if we have serious snow.

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 08.00.13.png

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 08.00.51.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 2

I agree the price for the well known brand is high in that size.  But the lack of a full description of the budget tyre markings is obvious. I'd want a video or independent reviews of that tyre. I researched my Vredestein before purchasing.

I could not care less if a tyre has the 3 peak certification if not going to a country that requires those, or M+S markings.

I would rather have them on when money is too tight to mention even if they are not long lasting comapared to Summer or even All Season tyres that 

a VW Group car arrives in the UK wearing.  The type of tyres that are on a Kodiaq / Karoq / Superb / Octavia as OEM even when a Scout Model.

Bridgestone Dueler type ditch finders.

The OEM on an Amarok OEM fitments can even be rubbish. 'mid 30 thousand to over 40 thousand vehicles.'

Edited by Roottootemoot

The car was a 3 year old car when it was purchased (by my company).......just because it's a L&K does not mean I have money to burn. I would love to use premium brand tyres but I drive 100,000kms a year and €800 to €1000 a set is just not feasable for me.

I simply asked has anyone experience with this particular tyre.

If you can afford that spec then increase your budget and get Vredestein Quatrac 5 "

Edited by k.young
  • Like 1

I wouldn't think the Original poster is going to charge around like a loony in conditions where all season or full winters are needed.  Driven in the correct manor * budget all seasons * would should perform very well over high end premium tyres.

* other  Budget/mid range and premium tyres are available * 

That is all 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

They should be just fine.

An improvement on what is on the car likely, but as for lasting a year of your driving, maybe not.

Hopefully they will get me well into the winter months.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, k.young said:

The car was a 3 year old car when it was purchased (by my company).......just because it's a L&K does not mean I have money to burn. I would love to use premium brand tyres but I drive 100,000kms a year and €800 to €1000 a set is just not feasable for me.

If you are driving 100,000Km (65,000 miles) per year, then might be better buying separate winter and summer tyres as going to be changing them every 6-7 months anyway.  Get a much wider choice at sensible price.

Provided you get them front-back swapped at around 24000Km then should all be worn together at 6-7 months.  As luck would have it, you seemed to have timed it for this (possibly cheaper) option to be feasible.

OP has ordered but for another few quid the Maxxis AP2 looked better. Good review from Autoexpress.

https://www.maxxis.co.uk/news/tyre/ap2-review

Mid table in other test as well.

Latest Group Test Results

2018 27 All Season Tyre Shootout - 17th of 27 tyres

2018 ADAC All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 11 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Weak in the snow and the dry.

2015 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 4th of 6 tyres

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Maxxis/All-Season-AP2.htm

Edited by irc

Unfortunately as the OP has found out.  It's not the best tyre size for all-season choice and it's also a crap size in terms of pricing of Summer UHP tyres too.  Just look at the price of Michelin PS4 in a 235/40 R19 Vs 235/35 R19.  Some of the R20 PS4's are cheaper!   

The Quatrac 5's are the standout tyre in that range of 3 and I rate them highly but unfortunately if funds or fancy don't allow then the range of alternatives is extremely limited. 

I'd be interested to see some feed back on the Accelera's :thumbup:

• Like 2

@irc

I posted here on the Maxxis AP2 and so did another member that had a review on a review site. Those were on a Fiat Abarth (500)

Running all year is rather different from just using all seasons as for 'the winter'.  

Hopefully the Maxxis AP2 sidewall on a 19" is better than on a 17".  The speed and load rating might well be higher.  I had them on a Mk2 Fabia vRS.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/382657-maxxis-ap2-all-season-tyres

The bulge was not the tyres fault.

That would be driver / road surfacing crew error probably.

That is why i find 'Budget Tyres' like TIGAR from Serbia or other countries where roads are like Scottish ones suit me as long as they perform as i drive. 

which is obviously safely & consideretly & with mechanical sympathy..

post-86161-0-43736300-1451087310.jpg

post-86161-0-72791600-1458569067.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

Just to blow my own thread out of the water.....

Horrendous conditions today in Ireland led me to fit a set of tyres to the front and get rid of the "almost down to the legal limit" Pirellis. I badly needed some thread depth for the driving conditions over the next few days so I have fitted Maxxis Victra Sport VS5............I will fit the Acceleras further into the winter.

I know.....before anyone chimes in.........I'm bonkers!!!

• Like 2

Apparent, Ireland is to lose most of Co.Cork and Co.Kerry later this week when Tropical Hurricane Death Storm Jorge Lorenzo hits!!       I reckon it won't make it to us because of injury.