Hi all ...  could someone please tell me what the yellow plug is?? It’s situated in the rubber of the drivers side door shut and a yellow wire is broken..... many thx 

76DF1347-36F4-45CE-BE0C-50CA8BF2AF9A.jpeg

5 hours ago, Shacky13 said:

Hi all ...  could someone please tell me what the yellow plug is?? It’s situated in the rubber of the drivers side door shut and a yellow wire is broken..... many thx 

76DF1347-36F4-45CE-BE0C-50CA8BF2AF9A.jpeg

HI Shacky, here's an article from a few years ago:

Seems to be the crash impact sensor.

Cheers

• Like 1

A quick look at the Haynes manual for early Octavia 2 suggests it could be CanBus pair of wires to the driver's door controller. Wire colours and function are sometimes changed in model years.

More  to the point, what is not working - door lock(s)?, mirrors?, speakers?, airbag warning?, door lock LED?, door open warning on the display console?

13 hours ago, pikpilot said:

A quick look at the Haynes manual for early Octavia 2 suggests it could be CanBus pair of wires to the driver's door controller. Wire colours and function are sometimes changed in model years.

More  to the point, what is not working - door lock(s)?, mirrors?, speakers?, airbag warning?, door lock LED?, door open warning on the display console?

Well I posted as my airbag light has come on, plugged in a while ago and it said crash sensor drivers side , I have only just looked and found the broken wire but upon contacting my mechanic who initially diagnosed crash sensor .... he now says he does not think there is anything in the door to do with airbags but will happily solder the wire and clear the code and see what happens ....basically I wanted to see if people on here had experience of the yellow connector and broken wire 

• 9 months later...

Hi there 

Found this post and photo,  I was wondering what is the middle black plug with the thick red and brown wire? 
my gut says it Is power to the window motor? 

How would I go about repining the thick red wire as mine looks like oxidisation (blue) and is loose? 
Or do they sell the black pin block? 

Any  info on part number or size of pins would be really helpful 

Many thanks 

Edited by raf300