New Owner - Help pls

Switch or dial/wheel? 

The only OEM thing I can see in that vicinity on mine is a blanking plate which would house the headlight levelling control, if I didn’t have xenons 

Edited by penguin17

Will check,nothing noticeable happens when on, and it’s not retro fit, as dash is moulded nicely round switch plate, as opposed to it being cut out or drilled.. will check

in handbook.  not sure may well check with Skoda. 

That switch is defo an aftermarket switch and non original, maybe the vehicle had a set of flashing beacons on the roof or some kind of extra lighting fitted at some point that's been removed and the switch left in place.

Given that it's next to the lights, is it not likely to have been for an aftermarket light (removed before it was sold)? Either amber flashing (maintenance vehicle) or taxi light, or similar?

Edited by TallPaul_S

3 hours ago, Easty81 said:

....and it’s not retro fit....

That is definitely a retrofitted button.

That location normally has a blanking plate for cars with xenon, or headlight leverer for non-xenons.

Whatever the retrofit was, they've utilised the blanking plate for the button.

Blank....

skoda-superb-estate-diesel-11069ae972d7.thumb.jpg.d95789fac03cddc30be789633e959fdb.jpg

Headlight leveling and Light dimmer that would go there....

1923371804_images(4).jpeg.efb26d809aba3e8a85e4f8ee13580aaa.jpeg

Edited by JR RS

1 hour ago, Steve7658 said:

My car has exactly the same switch (but with an indicator light). It is turn on/off the aftermarket front parking sensors. 

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but how much were they to fit?