So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

I was going to have just crumpets for breakfast, but might hang on till brunch and have them with eggs and bacon (and even cheese - nothing like a healthy breakfast - really, it's nothing like a healthy breakfast :D ) . Nom nom nom nom 

• Like 1

Pie night.

Steak, onion, mushroom & carrot. I was going to put some cheese in but forgot.

A bit too much filling made so I had to stretch the pastry out to make a small pie as well. Filling was a bit runny but tasted fine. Served with broccoli. 

image.thumb.png.85e2826a74d84fcd2e5458ecb0b1ece1.png

• Like 2

Been trapped inside all day because of the weather so buckled down and started cleaning the house (again). Fancied a bit of a treat for tea so had a two courser …. The same tomorrow probably but with chips😀. Now consuming black coffee and waiting for the world to settle down.IMG_2570.thumb.jpeg.573c901ee616b301e292b0f4ffd055c7.jpeg

• Like 4

So for tea tonight I had a spag bol that I batch cooked last week. Didn't post a picture as it's brown lumpettes, in a red sauce with some white bits sticking out of it. For some reason it's the best Bol' I've ever made, no idea why unfortunately 😞 

As usual, I got the ratio of spag to bol wrong :D and I had no wine or lager to go with it, but I did have a massive cup of tea :)

Nom nom nom slurp nom nom slurp 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

So for tea tonight I had a spag bol that I batch cooked last week. Didn't post a picture as it's brown lumpettes, in a red sauce with some white bits sticking out of it. For some reason it's the best Bol' I've ever made, no idea why unfortunately 😞 

As usual, I got the ratio of spag to bol wrong :D and I had no wine or lager to go with it, but I did have a massive cup of tea :)

Nom nom nom slurp nom nom slurp 

Lack of of pictures is worrying. 😟

• Sad 1

Tonight was oven baked sea bream with garlic & ginger with broccoli & some NZ Sauvignon Blanc. Got 5 more Sea Bass in the freezer 🐟

image.thumb.png.6569256fcb698d1a3d97796e11530873.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

The fish looks bitterly disappointed with that tbh.

Tasted Ok. Butter sauce not showing in the pic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I meant the look on its face :D

4 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I meant the look on its face :D

I cook it & it it looks as it it looks. 🐟

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

Struggled to find anything that wasn't frozen so a quick look in the store cupboard resulted in another old school favourite - Sardines in Tom sauce on Toast. 

More tins to follow after, Rice pudding & tinned fruit. 🥫 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Struggled to find anything that wasn't frozen so a quick look in the store cupboard resulted in another old school favourite - Sardines in Tom sauce on Toast. 

More tins to follow after, Rice pudding & tinned fruit. 🥫 

Tinned Kippers on toast are very tasty! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

That's a rather large Whiskey you have there.

Wish it were whisky! :D

It's Irn Bru actually, decided not to drink this evening as I'm away on holiday next week and will most likely (definitely) be drinking then... :angel:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Andy wouldve only given us the last pic, and asked what hed had :D

in fact that was the original point of the thread - guess what it had been prior to eating it :)

And in that spirit...

Shouldn't be too difficult :D

PXL_20240210_232756280.thumb.jpg.6a5d211ffd9df52803e1ed6998674ac5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, @Lee said:

And in that spirit...

Shouldn't be too difficult :D

PXL_20240210_232756280.thumb.jpg.6a5d211ffd9df52803e1ed6998674ac5.jpg

Looks like the impact crater left by a large black pudding hurled at 20 paces ......😂

Edited by John2022
GIF
  • Haha 4

Just got back from a day out fording flooded roads in the Cotswolds & I'm not really in the mood to get my pinny on & do any cooking tonight. As a result it's looking  a lot like a takeaway Chinese, Curry or perhaps a Kebab. There again I could go a for a Pizza. Decisions, decisions.🤔 

14 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

As a result it's looking  a lot like a takeaway Chinese, Curry or perhaps a Kebab. There again I could go a for a Pizza. Decisions, decisions.

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Just got back from a day out fording flooded roads in the Cotswolds & I'm not really in the mood to get my pinny on & do any cooking tonight. As a result it's looking  a lot like a takeaway Chinese, Curry or perhaps a Kebab. There again I could go a for a Pizza. Decisions, decisions.🤔 

Decision made.

Scrap the takeaway it's a dine in Indian for me & the Mrs who got a bit jealous that I was considering a t/a. We are going to a old venue after a change of management so 🤞it lives up to expectation.  

• Like 1