So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

12 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

This is my problem. When there's only one meat eater in the house the same or similar thing for 4 days running gets quite boring. It's challenging to come up with different ways to cook the same base food. I've still got 3 slices of pizza to finish from Thursday!! 

I have recollections of watching a Jamie Oliver programme many years ago when he cooked up a vat of mince for the week; think it was intended for singles, students etc. Day 1, mince. Day 2 he took out sufficient for the meal and added chilli beans, Day 3 added tomatoes etc for bolognese . . . you get the drift.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, olduns said:

a bottle of Chinon managed to disappear

I have that problem too, usually traceable to a hole in the bottom of the bottle. ;) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paws4Thot said:

I have that problem too, usually traceable to a hole in the bottom of the bottle. ;) 

After opening my bottles seem have an evaporation problem. At least that's what I tell my wife 🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lancpudn said:

Steak & Kidney pudding, Mash spuds, carrots, peas & broccoli for tea tonight.

cEaoSbUl.jpg

Do love a Steak & Kidley (my spelling) pie. 

I'm hoping this is the 'last' meal of this holiday...I really need a proper reset away from here, been a rough week 🤬

20240320-184849.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

8 Lamb cutlet hot pot tonight avec spuds, onions, courgette, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, lamb stock cubes & loads on black pepper. 

No pics. Maybe tomorrow as there's loads left over. 

Thinking about it, no pics tomorrow either as we are out for a curry so perhaps Friday. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, olduns said:

I'm hoping this is the 'last' meal of this holiday...I really need a proper reset away from here, been a rough week 🤬

20240320-184849.jpg

Humm. Dare I say not the most appetising plate. Get yourself back to Blighty for some proper grub!! 

Eggy bread and bacon tonight. New condiments arrived today. Flensburger beer bottle top shape - like the Grolsch type ones. The bungs were a little loose but a couple of Ibuprofen tablets (still in the foil, obvs) fitted perfectly :D 

image.jpeg.eba8ccd9179214b6666ad8ac4052610f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8de5f5e0556377277f7433ae941ae193.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

15 hours ago, @Lee said:

Eggy bread and bacon tonight. New condiments arrived today. Flensburger beer bottle top shape - like the Grolsch type ones. The bungs were a little loose but a couple of Ibuprofen tablets (still in the foil, obvs) fitted perfectly :D 

image.jpeg.eba8ccd9179214b6666ad8ac4052610f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8de5f5e0556377277f7433ae941ae193.jpeg

Seeing those beer bottle bungs reminded me of one of the last times I was in Dusseldorf on a business trip. A work colleague & I sampled the local Schumacker tavern for a spot of diner & a "few" beers :beer:.

Below was our beer tally / bill for the night. Surprisingly no hangover in the morning either!!

They were small glasses though!

image.thumb.png.dfb15b148f1fd036189e6dea401dcf6f.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Seeing those beer bottle bungs reminded me of one of the last times I was in Dusseldorf on a business trip. A work colleague & I sampled the local Schumacker tavern for a spot of diner & a "few" beers :beer:.

Below was our beer tally / bill for the night. Surprisingly no hangover in the morning either!!

They were small glasses though!

image.thumb.png.dfb15b148f1fd036189e6dea401dcf6f.png

You were probably gettig served the smaller 33cl glasses of beer if you necked that many. I count 29 beers served so who had the extra one? Still fairly impressive mind  :D 

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

You were probably gettig served the smaller 33cl glasses of beer if you necked that many. I count 29 beers served so who had the extra one? Still fairly impressive mind  :D 

Yes they were the small glasses with a fairly deep foam head that went down in 2 or 3 glugs. I lost count how many each of us had but I probably had at least 5 or 6 more than my colleague (lightweight) who was much slower getting them down. We had the waiter on constant top up runs back & forth to the bar with his tray. We had a good knuckle of pork & potatoes if I recall as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Yes they were the small glasses with a fairly deep foam head that went down in 2 or 3 glugs. I lost count how many each of us had but I probably had at least 5 or 6 more than my colleague (lightweight) who was much slower getting them down. We had the waiter on constant top up runs back & forth to the bar with his tray. We had a good knuckle of pork & potatoes if I recall as well. 

Sounds like Auf Wiedersehen, Pet :D 

image.jpeg.4cc35f7e36bcdc4eb9db2f9c84584041.jpeg

• Like 2

I went out for tea tonight, to the Motorist about 20 miles from Leeds. Fish and chips (pre seasoned chips, or more accurately, fries) and a sort of Bakewell tart with Bourbon custard :) 

On the way out, I bought some of Top Gear's very own, Mr Clonkson's, Hawkstone IPA. Well, why not, I thought, he needs the money. 

...and on the way home I found my Jaaaag was quicker in a straight line than a Taycan with the big, faster battery (not the full Turbo S though). Although, the Taycan driver said he could not only hear my car, but could smell the unburnt fuel too :D 

Anyhoo, if anyone is in the area and fancies a cuppa, pastry, or even a meal I can recommend it. Nice venue. Some interesting cars inside and masses of gifts for petrol heads (could sort out a lot of Christmas presents for the right types) and a lot of booze. Even James May's 'Asian Parsnip Gin' is stocked :D Lots of hot wheels and such like too. In the car park there were a couple of Lambos, a Ferrari, a Bently, several Porsches and a rather nice Jaaaaaag F Type ;)  it was only a wet Wednesday night, so not a proper 'meet' as such. They open Weekends and Wednesday night as a rule, but check their events calendar for other times and specific events. Oh and it's not the sort of place where stupid brain-dead morons go and rev the nuts of their engines with 'pops and bangs' remaps, quite the opposite in fact. Lots of signs saying slow down and other grown up things like that :D 

Disclaimer: acceleration testing was done nowhere near the venue 😛 

• Like 4