So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

9 minutes ago, @Lee said:

My condolences, John.

Mine too @John2022.

Only just read your previous post as I was too busy waxing lyrical about vienna sausages 🙄

Gaz

Cheeky Monday night out at the local curry house tonight.

King Prawn tandoori Masala, pilau rice, onion Bhajji's to share, Peshwari Nan to share & SWMBO had a coconut vegetarian something or other.

Papadums to start & of course , a Cobra.

Very nice albeit a bit indulgent for a Monday night.   

• Like 4

Back home after a few days away in France / Belgium. Home cooking now after a variety of expensive touristy type establishments.

So tonight was a chunky pork chop, air fried roasties, garlic veg & a boat load of gravy. 9.5% Duvel triple hop IPA to wash it down - keeping the Belgium theme going for a few days until the EU bought beer & chocolate runs out. 

image.png.9a25b6f4f8fb6c124cd0dc521eb9e111.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Talking of something different to a Turkey (see what I did there), we have decided to have Guinea Fowl at our place for our Boxing day bash with family....

Guinea fowl will have a much nicer taste as well!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, John2022 said:

Today was the day of the car’s first service, so up early, minimal brekky and brave ten miles of horrendous road works and traffic to get to the dealers. Now for some fooood thought I, walk to a convenient B&Q just along the road for a feed at their café only to find it had gone, replaced by a stack of roof insulation!  Refusing the temptation to get a breakfast burger from a roadside van conveniently parked in a gale infested layby, I managed the extra half a mile to reach a garden centre that promised real food. The menu suggested a ‘creamy rich scrambled egg on white or brown toast’.  I fell for it and had presented a dry crumbly thing that resembled yellow sawdust that presumably was the product of out-of-date egg power and hot water. Anyway, with the help of copious quantities of ketchup I managed it, gulped down the tea and escaped to claim the rejuvenated car and ran away back home promising myself a proper tea. Here it is, Chicken casseroled with carrot, leek and mushroom, broccoli and home-grown spuds added later……… and a glass or two of French village plonk!

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

👍A Coq en Vin of sorts then....Haven't had one of those for years. Mmmm, could be an idea for a Sunday dinner next week!

13 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

👍A Coq en Vin of sorts then....Haven't had one of those for years. Mmmm, could be an idea for a Sunday dinner next week!

Plonk in the dish as well as in the glass would surely add to it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John2022 said:

Plonk in the dish as well as in the glass would surely add to it!

Oh it does. A bottle & a half of red goes into a Coq en Vin the way I do it. The other half bottle is for the chef 🍷until it's served when another bottle  (or two) are opened.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

... and then tipped it down his neck, the wife said that he would die if he stopped drinking wine!

I like him already! 😎🍷

What did you have for lunch though?

Gaz

Apéros first because its the law 😄 this stage falls a bit flat as I dont drink alcohol which inhibits the others, always served with amuses bouches, without the teetotaller that might go on for several hours with more snacks being prepared and served

Entrée was a paysan soup, very simple but really tasty, potatoes, bread and carrots but it was the stock, herbs and seasoning that made it fantastic.

Then a selection of cheeses.

Main course Daube de boeuf (cooked in beer instead of the normal wine because they know I dont drink alcohol) and potatoes.

Then paté de sanglier and paté de lièvre (hare) shot by Papi, prepared, cooked and conserved by Mamie.

Dessert - Tarte au pommes.

And in the evening she brought round some food containers with another portion of the main course and dessert!

They will be doing the same today with more freshly cooked dishes as they do every day, then he retires to his chair for un sieste while she goes shopping with the car.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 2