Octy 1 RS Altenatives for the bottom bumper grilles

Has anyone fitted different bumper grilles to their Octy RS, The only ones I can find are the Milotec ones on the JH Butt site & the pictures are poor. I want to mesh mine but Im just trying to find ways of doing it. In the piccies it looks like the surrounds might be a bit bulky, are they ??

Ant advice or better piccies greatly appreciated.

Stuart' date='

I'm talking to milotec today so I'll see if I can rustle up some good pics...[/quote']

Colin thanks Ive PM'd you

Hans Freikit thanks for the link, looks better than the Butts site piccies

the grilles are pretty thin around the edges... to be honest its probably the best visual mod you can do to the front of the vRS imo if your after a standard look but slightly more agressive than totally standard then they are deffinitely the way to go.

Is the mesh easily removed from the surround as I want to change the mesh to match the stainless jag style mesh I have in the main grill

Why not make your own up? Use the existing grilles as templates, use Motorbike screen edge trim to neaten the edges and then hold in place with zip ties.

Why not make your own up? Use the existing grilles as templates, use Motorbike screen edge trim to neaten the edges and then hold in place with zip ties.

Tried similar before but its very hard to get a neat detail on the tight Radiuses

Interestingly Butts havent got any in stock but they are fairly certain the mesh is held in with self tapping screws, the same as the badgeless Bonnet Grills

If anyone can give me the definative answer as to how they are held in it would help

Tried similar before but its very hard to get a neat detail on the tight Radiuses

Interestingly Butts havent got any in stock but they are fairly certain the mesh is held in with self tapping screws' date=' the same as the badgeless Bonnet Grills

If anyone can give me the definative answer as to how they are held in it would help[/quote']

The ones I've seen are definetely welded.

Didnt monkey boy has the milotec ones fitted?

the pic i linked to was Pauls (Monkey Boys) Octy..

i have the Milotec grilles, deffinitely welding and very strong...

I have the milotech front lower bumper grills fitted and to be honest thry were a bugger to fit, and personally i think the grills on joel_vRS car looks better:confused: i think now i should have done my homework before buying milotech Grrrr

unless Milotec are selling 2 different types those are Milotec grilles... at least mine are and they are exactly the same as Joels.

they were also a piece of P*** to fit...

Ive now been told by another supplier on the ones ref 432/01 the mesh is glued to the back & should be easy enough to swap for another mesh, before I part with my hard earned has anyone got any thoughts on that

dont know about the part number but the Milotec vRS front bumper grilles i have (which are identical to Joels above) are deffinitely welded... no glue or self tapping screws.