New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

12 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

Skoda UK are about the worst company for websites and configurators, it is like they do not check them. Year after year it is error after error.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.09.22.png

Where's the error? Can't see it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

'The All-New Skoda OCTAVIA HATCH VRS from £23,300'

Only at least £8195 out (£11,720 if you compare with the car pictured) :wall:

The thing is that according to the Advertising Standards Authority it's NOT misrepresentation for a car company to show a vehicle in the video/picture that costs a LOT more than the price shown - I don't know anyone who agrees with that opinion who isn't employed by the ASA B)

9 hours ago, vrskeith said:

This has actually changed my opinion on it, I'm quite liking it. Still don't like the stupid electric parking brake, which I think is too easy to forget to activate, unless it activates automatically when you turn off the ignition and it's in park. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

This has actually changed my opinion on it, I'm quite liking it. Still don't like the stupid electric parking brake, which I think is too easy to forget to activate, unless it activates automatically when you turn off the ignition and it's in park. 

I wouldn't be without an electric parking brake now that I've had it in my current and previous cars, especially with the DSG box.

7 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

I wouldn't be without an electric parking brake now that I've had it in my current and previous cars, especially with the DSG box.

Agreed. As much as I love my 245 I miss the electronic handbrake from my old Leon. I don’t do handbrake turns so don’t need a manual handbrake and it makes the car feel more old fashioned inside than it is.

• Like 1

But you have failed to say if the parking brake activates on the car when you turn off the ignition and the gearbox is in park (not when it's in traffic and start/stop is functioning) and (possibly) doors locked via the fob, that to me is a simple fail safe function to prevent the car from running away backwards or forwards when you leave it or for fuelling. 

Edited by TheWanderer

22 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

The electric parking brake works (for us...). but I'm not sure if it does activate when the car is locked. (You can't remove the key if it's not in park.....)

I'll check just how it behaves  in the morning, it's too late to open the garage door right now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

But you have failed to say if the parking brake activates on the car when you turn off the ignition and the gearbox is in park (not when it's in traffic and start/stop is functioning) and (possibly) doors locked via the fob, that to me is a simple fail safe function to prevent the car from running away backwards or forwards when you leave it or for fuelling. 

yes, like any VAG car with it, it activates automatically when you turn the engine off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The sound generator needs it's own mute switch :biggrin: it would be a laugh every now and then but I'd soon get bored of it. Has anyone tried one with DCC yet? The Golf 8 has full slider control of the DCC in individual mode.

Has anybody figured out where the heck is the Trip odometer in the new RS and how to reset it?

I really can’t find it...

Edited by zxcslo

8 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

yes, like any VAG car with it, it activates automatically when you turn the engine off

Well, I can't agree with you there, I unlocked her car, (2016 Mk7 Golf Wagon), switched on the ignition (new phone to be synced with the car), released the electric parking brake, (it's a DSG car so it was left in park....) & locked the car.  The parking brake did not operate....... (No light on the switch + no noise from the motors.) 

The car is garaged on a level floor but I did then reset the brake, just in case......

If I hadn't laid up my Golf for the winter (circa 20 miles away....) I would have repeated the experiment.

15 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Well, I can't agree with you there, I unlocked her car, (2016 Mk7 Golf Wagon), switched on the ignition (new phone to be synced with the car), released the electric parking brake, (it's a DSG car so it was left in park....) & locked the car.  The parking brake did not operate....... (No light on the switch + no noise from the motors.) 

The car is garaged on a level floor but I did then reset the brake, just in case......

If I hadn't laid up my Golf for the winter (circa 20 miles away....) I would have repeated the experiment.

My 2019 Tarraco does it. I have autohold enabled all the time and when I turn the engine off it does the parkbrake (it's a manual gear car). I don't touch the parkbrake by manually enabling and disabling it, autohold does it automatically.

Edited by TonyTonic

On 08/11/2020 at 01:38, TheWanderer said:

it does if you change the setting for it

• Thanks 1