Day 1 of Yeti ownership

Mark2LTDI

Enjoy your Yeti Mark2LTDI. Ours is eight years old in January next, and has been perhaps the best all rounder we have owned. 
As said above, there really is nothing to compare, and can’t think what, as and when, to replace it with.

• Like 2

Guys, I've only just got what is the newest car I've ever owned and you're talking about replacing it already.

I plan to get 10 years out of this, minimum, that'll still make it newer than my usual cars.

I was happy to go out this morning and not get the scraper out, loving the heated screen.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Picked up a same age and spec earlier in the year, but in quartz grey. Go to agree it's a great car!

Previously has 12 Elegance model and really missed it when I sold it. I managed 2 years with a top spec Octavia estate but had to go back to the Yeti.

There is nothing out there I would want to replace it with!

• Like 1

You may have read elsewhere on here, that at present we have issues ( haha!) with water ingress, from the sunroof on our Yeti. 
We WILL overcome these issues.  Still the best all rounder, both for anything local, and our frequent journeys to Inverness (450 miles). We both love driving it so much, and the DSG box is great. The sunroof is the only issue we have had in 55k happy miles. 

• Like 1

Every car I've owned has had a sunroof until I got my first and second Yeti,  Can honestly say I don't miss having an open roof, probably influenced by a memory of a bird dumping on the seat.

I'm sure there's somebody who would of asked if I'm still dating her.🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi,

We usually trade in our car at three years old but there's nothing to touch our Yeti on the market and I've got bored looking; our Yeti is a keeper and we love it. Three and a half years old with 22K on its clock; it's good for years to come and we've already put a set of Michelin Cross Climate tyres on as we intend to keep it; why oh why did Skoda stop making the Yeti; we'd have another brand new one by now; the Yeti has street presence whilst being a very capable and enjoyable car.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Like 2

Hi Colin. Agree with all you have said. We would have another tomorrow (without a sunroof though!). Ours has 55k on the clock, and regularly serviced am sure would be good for four times that. 

• Thanks 1

My parents have a Yeti that's a keeper,they love it and it meets all their needs as octogenarians.

4 years old 13,000 miles and not a whisper of a problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spridgetman said:

RickW - liking the a40 mk1!  Wonder how many more of us on here are into Classics?

Well as well as the Yeti, I have a 1965  Midget; that's at least 3 of us on here with the Yeti/Spridget combo! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spridgetman said:

Hi muddyjim. Yes, believe LLanigraham has a Midget also. So yours will be a 1098cc like mine?

No, It's very much a Heinz 57 variety model - Heritage  mk3 RWA shell and 1275 engine. That's how I bought it about 8 years ago.

HPIM0121.JPG

• Like 4

Hi,

I used to own one of these over 40 years ago; does it count? I paid £150 for it in showroom condition with five brand new tyres fitted.

588125881_EEB88_0001.JPG.933457b2df3b2a62b7426de34a24ee9a.JPG

The sound of it used to make the hair at the back of my neck stand up.  Mine didn't have the louvered bonnet but otherwise it was a clone of the one in the picture; I hope it survives it's Reg. No. EEB 88. It was a thirsty beast and at speed with the hood down it was very dusty in the cab. Fond memories but I wouldn't swap it for our Yeti.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fabcol said:

I hope it survives it's Reg. No. EEB 88.

DVLA show it's still around, but it's Blue now:

Vehicle Details

Vehicle make
AUSTINHEALEY100
Date of first registration
September 1954
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity
2660 cc
CO₂ emissions
Not available
Fuel type