New FL Skoda Superb 2020 tail lights - retrofit?

Found this video.

This car has a 5Q0937084EC BCM, but yeah need extra coding.

Question, if I'll just replace tail lights without PWM pin(T8ab/7), will everything work without coding (except closing animation)? My main point of change mostly is a turn light animation.

Thanks

On 20/01/2024 at 09:31, zacko_O said:

Found this video.

This car has a 5Q0937084EC BCM, but yeah need extra coding.

Any idea what extra coding? And are any other features missing from the BCM change?

2 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Any idea what extra coding? And are any other features missing from the BCM change?

Unfortunately, I didn't found information in public.

Maybe best way to dump from some Superb FL. And as I understood, you may have CH/LH animations with a new BCM and xenon.

Vor 4 Stunden sagte ApertureS:

Irgendeine Idee

To make it work 100%, you have to swap BCM to EC or flash the existing one.

Then the wiring from the BCM to the lights must be made, PWM signal.

The animation has to be coded in the BCM, it is another light.

I have an L&K and therefore a BCM CG, so so far the animation only works when opening, but not when closing.

You can see what it looks like in my thread, the video cannot be uploaded here.

https://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/vom-superb-ii-zum-superb-iii.107347/post-2141052

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lutz_91 said:
You can see what it looks like in my thread, the video cannot be uploaded here.

Is additional coding required? If I re-pin old lights to FL lights(without pwm), will it work like on your videos?

5 minutes ago, Lutz_91 said:
If you want to convert to the FL lights, you have to code. It doesn't work without it.

Can you share it?

It's all in the thread.
You would have to read something. Retrofitting the lights is no longer a problem.

Adjust the dimming value of the indicator.

16 hours ago, Lutz_91 said:
It's all in the thread.
You would have to read something. Retrofitting the lights is no longer a problem.

Adjust the dimming value of the indicator.

Yeah, I saw it. But obviously not enough details. It’s a 2.6k rows in 09 block, like looking for a needle in a haystack. Especially when you don't speak German🙂

I found what needs to be coded in another topic. Then I’ve exported everything from 09 block, did research and have better understanding how it works. I need to change Lasttype from incandescent lamp to led(reverse, turn signals and fog are led in FL) , then change dimming value for all lamps

If you don't have to change everything, you can do without it. 
The turn signal is important and the reversing light because it was previously a light bulb. You can change all of this under Adjustment in 09 in the individual lights.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, fellow Superb fans. After seeing the uninspiring exterior of Mk4 I finally decided to upgrade my taillights to 2019+ ones. I decided to go AlVal's way in terms of removing the trim - so far it looks promising (I'm considering painting that stripe black though in order to hide the alignment holes for the trim).

I've been wondering though, is AlVal's set of diagrams the best available resource for the wiring? I'd rather be safe than sorry and avoid disassembling half of my boot before I'm sure everything is ready.

It isn't possible to contact this retrofit's pioneer himself, so would it be possible for someone here to clarify some things for me?

1) What's the business with that "should be a cable already joining the indicators to save bringing these over bootlid" part? Is there an unused cable going to the inner cluster that may be appropriated for that sync signal? I initially assumed one needs to lead two wires per side from outer clusters to inner ones - for indicator sync and reverse.

2) There're also those "maybe" comments around the reverse cable. Any idea about those?

3) And finally, do I understand correctly that the fuse box connector may be safely ignored since it's responsible for CH/LH animations with FL BCM module?

Thank you in advance for all possible help. If I missed some links/responses on my way then forgive me my ignorance and kindly point them out to me. 😅

5 minutes ago, Istarish said:

Hello, fellow Superb fans. After seeing the uninspiring exterior of Mk4 I finally decided to upgrade my taillights to 2019+ ones. I decided to go AlVal's way in terms of removing the trim - so far it looks promising (I'm considering painting that stripe black though in order to hide the alignment holes for the trim).

I've been wondering though, is AlVal's set of diagrams the best available resource for the wiring? I'd rather be safe than sorry and avoid disassembling half of my boot before I'm sure everything is ready.

It isn't possible to contact this retrofit's pioneer himself, so would it be possible for someone here to clarify some things for me?

1) What's the business with that "should be a cable already joining the indicators to save bringing these over bootlid" part? Is there an unused cable going to the inner cluster that may be appropriated for that sync signal? I initially assumed one needs to lead two wires per side from outer clusters to inner ones - for indicator sync and reverse.

The best way is to find electric schemas for both tail lights and check :)

About first question, as I understood it is about turning indicator, if you compare olds ones and fl you notice that on fl indicator works on both inner and outer, it means that this animation should be synchronise, so you need provide one extra wire between outer and inner.

5 hours ago, Istarish said:

(...) I initially assumed one needs to lead two wires per side from outer clusters to inner ones - for indicator sync and reverse.

Yes, that's why I assumed two per side are a way to go. But the diagrams only seem to be routing one per side and doing some magic with some side connectors in the boot. If there's no way of clarifying that, I'll just use two new wires - not much of difference between doing one and two after all.

You have to pull two wires on each side. One is for the connection to the turn signal and the other for the reversing light. 
Unless you already grab the reversing light on the inside at the coupling point, then you don't need to pull a second one from the outside. 
Actually logical if you had a plan, if you knew what you wanted to do.

You make two wires if you build an adapter, for example. Then you pick up the reversing light there.
  • Thanks 1

That's correct, but it doesn't necessarily have to go from the outer to the inner light through the tailgate.

You can also pull the four cables directly inwards from the flap, on one side.

But you don't have to do that if you don't want the animation.
A BCM replacement is also necessary for this.

It's just the fade-out animation after locking the car, right? The normal sliding turn signals and fade-in opening ones are going to work even without that, right?

16 minutes ago, Istarish said:

It's just the fade-out animation after locking the car, right? The normal sliding turn signals and fade-in opening ones are going to work even without that, right?

No, without the animation wire you will only get dynamic indicators - no fade in or out animations.

The connection to the BCM is only necessary for the animation at Coming/Leaving Home. So opening/locking the car.

This has nothing to do with the dynamic turn signal. This is all regulated in the light itself. All you have to do is code the turn signal after the conversion.

Depends on your BCM, I have "CG" in it, the animation only works when the car is opened. Closing doesn't work. It's only when you replace it that you can close it.
But that's all already written earlier. You just have to read it.

Thanks. I have a 5Q0937084CG one, so the same as yours, I suppose. Sounds like too big an effort, sliding turn signals will have to be enough. 😅

Replacing the BCM is not difficult in itself, but coding and adapting it to the vehicle is complex and can only be done online. And it has to be a new BCM.