New FL Skoda Superb 2020 tail lights - retrofit?

i think its still early days, but wat r the chances of sourcing a set of the new FL Superb tail lights and retrofitting them to my pre-FL Superb?

why? two reasons:-

1. i like the chrome strip that goes across the tail light and boot

2. i like the sweeping indicators

physically, the tail lights appear to be the same shape & size.

i'm not sure if the chrome strip above the number plate can b "bolted on", or if they changed the boot design, including the rear view camera position.  i however do doubt this.

maybe i'll have better luck in 6-12 months time when more FL Superbs r running around.

pre-facelift look:-

1641378331_superbrearlights01.thumb.jpg.11cbad9818c4a502aa720def1c5ba610.jpg

facelift look:-

1676609106_flsuperbrearlights03.jpg.d29db9010ecd2bac7b61db0600f70aae.jpg

1567891914_flsuperbrearlights02.jpg.43dbae3b5ca3cbcfb102f179170de601.jpg

fl superb rear lights 01.jpg

• Like 3

If anyone can make it work, it's you @JR RS.

I would been keen also, however I am worried about the chrome strip impacting on the Rear camera.

I wonder if the camera assembly is different on the newer model?

• Like 2

The light mouldings look identical with that chrome strip attached to the exterior of the light lense? If so no need to change the lights if you just want the chrome strip.

Edit: Looking again they do look a bit different.

Edited by Steviedakota

On 09/01/2020 at 15:33, ope126 said:

however I am worried about the chrome strip impacting on the Rear camera.

I wonder if the camera assembly is different on the newer model?

I have considered this being a likely possibility too, but I won't know until I get a better understanding of the parts involved.

Fingers crossed it doesn't require a different camera mount.

22 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

The light mouldings look identical with that chrome strip attached to the exterior of the light lense? If so no need to change the lights if you just want the chrome strip.

Edit: Looking again they do look a bit different.

While the physical dimensions appear to b the same, the internal light design has changed just enough.

I'm pretty confident it will fit in the existing light recess.

I might b likely to source just the chrome strip n put that over my existing lights, as there is already an existing "lip" across the tail lights n boot.

@ZacDaMan72 - most likely it will require some wiring changes to the  lights on the boot.  Fingers crossed its not too complex.

Edited by JR RS

8 hours ago, Buocius said:

Go and buy a FL and stop imitate it... (facepalm)

If only it was as easy as that. They are not available in Australia...

Well at least until later this year.

• 2 months later...

Would be interested in this too for my estate. I love the sweeping LED turn indicators... Must admit to being jealous for all the folks who do have it...

• 1 month later...

thread update.

thanks to Mo, we've got part numbers for the Sedan.

unfortunately there is only one supplier identified thus far, and its too bloody expensive - https://www.skodaautoteile.de/shop/superb-iii/außenausstattung/

and its only the black sportline version at the moment.

a person who's done the FL tail light upgrade also advises that the RVC and boot open button differs from the current pre-FL Superb.  which is a shame 😞

see pic of centre trim below, showing the holes for the RVC+boot button and the two numberplate lights.

nonetheless part numbers here:-

3V5945307F - LED tail light with rear fog light inner left, black (sportline)
3V5945308F - LED tail light with rear fog light inner right, black (sportline)
3V5945207B - LED tail light with rear light outer left, black (sportline)

3V5945208B - LED tail light with rear light outer right, black (sportline)

3V5853095A - Black trim strip between the rear lights with a hole for license plate and handle lighting.

3V5853098A - Chrome trim strip between the rear lights with a hole for license plate and handle lighting.

close up pics of the bits n pieces:-

centre trim

19176533_bootchrome-centre01.thumb.jpg.2194344784eb99093480312701002cc6.jpg\

boot bit

1263050592_taillightchrome01.thumb.jpg.31ca2da3f7f660735d700decc1a1456f.jpg

• Like 3

Personally, I think the chrome strip looks all wrong, a bit like the way Audi have gone on the A6 🤮 Oh, and don't get me started on the S K O D A logo either...... seriously? It’s kind of the same way they went with the SII FL; to me it looked plain wrong; neither the previous “look” nor the “new” one with the crease in the boot/hatch. For those of a certain age, they’ll remember how Ford destroyed the 1969 MKI Capri with the introduction of the FL in ‘72. Ruined the flow down the side and the addition of those awful large light clusters and huge rectangular headlights, which then only got worse with the MKII. 

@JR RS If you're not in a hurry, I bet Superskoda will make the same spare parts sooner or later and probably at a more affordable price. A simple example is the sportline rear bumper diffusor ; 489€ by skodaautoteile.de / 249€ by Superskoda 😮. Aditionnally, I would also bet that a wiring adapter will be available by kufatec.de sooner or later too.

Wait & see... 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@JR RS If you're not in a hurry, I bet Superskoda will make the same spare parts sooner or later and probably at a more affordable price. A simple example is the sportline rear bumper diffusor ; 489€ by skodaautoteile.de / 249€ by Superskoda 😮. Aditionnally, I would also bet that a wiring adapter will be available by kufatec.de sooner or later too.

Wait & see... 🤔

@Bap33- my plans exactly, crossing my legs n fingers for Superskoda to come n save the day!!

A long time ago, I wanted to get the sportline rear diffusor, but this same mob wanted almost 500 Euro, as u point out!!!

Then along came Superskoda with the exact same thing for half the price!!!

So, I wait.......patiently.  I'm in no hurry 🙂

I just hope they actually do have plans for it.

10 hours ago, JR RS said:

@Bap33- my plans exactly, crossing my legs n fingers for Superskoda to come n save the day!!

A long time ago, I wanted to get the sportline rear diffusor, but this same mob wanted almost 500 Euro, as u point out!!!

Then along came Superskoda with the exact same thing for half the price!!!

So, I wait.......patiently.  I'm in no hurry 🙂

I just hope they actually do have plans for it.

May be you could give a chance to fate. ;) Why don't you send an e-mail to Superskoda and make them the same 'storytelling'?

At worst, they don't plan to do it and you know it / At best, this is their plan, and you could be one of their first customers for this article! ;) 

Cross the fingers for you!

Edited by Bap33

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2020 at 06:20, JR RS said:

thread update.

thanks to Mo, we've got part numbers for the Sedan.

unfortunately there is only one supplier identified thus far, and its too bloody expensive - https://www.skodaautoteile.de/shop/superb-iii/außenausstattung/

and its only the black sportline version at the moment.

a person who's done the FL tail light upgrade also advises that the RVC and boot open button differs from the current pre-FL Superb.  which is a shame 😞

see pic of centre trim below, showing the holes for the RVC+boot button and the two numberplate lights.

nonetheless part numbers here:-

3V5945307F - LED tail light with rear fog light inner left, black (sportline)
3V5945308F - LED tail light with rear fog light inner right, black (sportline)
3V5945207B - LED tail light with rear light outer left, black (sportline)

3V5945208B - LED tail light with rear light outer right, black (sportline)

3V5853095A - Black trim strip between the rear lights with a hole for license plate and handle lighting.

3V5853098A - Chrome trim strip between the rear lights with a hole for license plate and handle lighting.

close up pics of the bits n pieces:-

centre trim

19176533_bootchrome-centre01.thumb.jpg.2194344784eb99093480312701002cc6.jpg\

boot bit 62.08 kB · 0 downloads

Hi @JR RS ,

I already contacted kufatec.de, looks like they dont planning it yet 😞

here is some code for combi version (chrome)
3V9 945 207 C - left outer
3V9 945 208 C - right outer

3V9 945 307 H - left inner 
3V9 945 308 H -right inner

Have you got any contact, or some know - how from the person who already did upgrade? Some wiring diagram etc.?
It will be great. I dont want wait for adapter 😄

For the record I’m interested in this and willing to pay many monies if someone can bodge together a wiring harness 👍

I don’t have RVC

May be give a look to workshop manuals on cardiagn.com

I know there's a wiring diagram manual for Superb Mk3, but It is probably incomplete (only 17p, whereas the Octy 3 one is ~1220 pages 😐).

21 hours ago, s1rbruce said:

Have you got any contact, or some know - how from the person who already did upgrade? Some wiring diagram etc.?
It will be great. I dont want wait for adapter 😄

yes, the guy i got the details from spoke to the guy has already done it on his Superb Sportline.  i've attached his youtube video below showing it after being retrofitted.

there is NO change in wiring harness.

wat he said has changed is the RVC mount/bracket and the boot open mount/bracket. 

hence a new RVC camera had to b sourced, that plugged into the existing wiring harness.

i don't know if that means different mounting holes on the boot itself, as a result.

19 minutes ago, JR RS said:

yes, the guy i got the details from spoke to the guy has already done it on his Superb Sportline.  i've attached his youtube video below showing it after being retrofitted.

there is NO change in wiring harness.

wat he said has changed is the RVC mount/bracket and the boot open mount/bracket. 

hence a new RVC camera had to b sourced, that plugged into the existing wiring harness.

i don't know if that means different mounting holes on the boot itself, as a result.

So basically I can order that tailights and it will fits directly? 

Of course without that center strip. 

If yes, ordering them immediately. 

28 minutes ago, s1rbruce said:

So basically I can order that tailights and it will fits directly? 

Of course without that center strip. 

If yes, ordering them immediately. 

i haven't done this myself, so i can't say 100% yes.

tis based on "from a friend of a friend"

in theory, u unplug existing outer n inner tail lights, n put the new ones in place.

if ur not wanting the centre strip, then it will make things less complicated.