Virtual cockpit and Waze

@linniIn my MIB 3 Amundsen I can see Google Maps or Waze from Wireless AA and native maps on VC.As far as I know for Skoda there is no possibility to show maps from AA or AC on the VC, only the native ones.

@AmarSirohi When you make the test for Google Maps please test also Waze. And post some pictures here.

1 minute ago, Iasmin90 said:

When you make the test for Google Maps please test also Waze. And post some pictures here.

OK will do that. Though I do not have waze installed so it may be second priority.

5 minutes ago, Iasmin90 said:

In my MIB 3 Amundsen I can see Google Maps or Waze from Wireless AA and native maps on VC.As far as I know for Skoda there is no possibility to show maps from AA or AC on the VC, only the native ones.

Getting even more interesting. You could see Google maps/Waze on headunit and the native maps on VC at the same time on MIB2,5  until last summer, when this feature was suddenly killed. Only AA navigation or native navigation at a time. When AA working on headunit, VC says "you have another nav app running" and no maps, not to mention navigation.

Edited by linni

Here is what I got.

Before navigation start

2042622064_beforenavstart-view1.thumb.jpg.1d0f6fb067b38502e50e7bd51617f73a.jpg

After navigation start - view changes from consumption overview to map. The turn by turn directions are given in VC too.

1103687354_afternavstart-view1.thumb.jpg.0b9736df79ea0cac3742018bfffd7ae6.jpg

After navigation start - as seen in minimal view of VC. Only information about next turn.

1780683411_afternavstart-view2.thumb.jpg.d142982fc496713b4ffe9a2be2f8dc80.jpg

@AmarSirohi

It`s he car`s native map on VC, not Google Maps.

But still having Google Maps directions in the upper part of the VC map.

Anyway this is interesting as no Skoda or Volkswagen cannot do it anymore.

One more thing - can you please start navigation on Columbus and then start navigation in Google Maps. What happens then, do they work simultaneously?

Edited by linni

8 minutes ago, linni said:

It`s he car`s native map on VC, not Google Maps.

If the turn by turn directions shown in VC are exactly the same as those shown by google maps, then does it not mean that somehow the google map feed is being taken by the native maps? And if the directions are "true" then why does it matter if the VC shows native or google maps?

10 minutes ago, linni said:

can you please start navigation on Columbus and then start navigation in Google Maps

will check tomorrow and post..

8 minutes ago, AmarSirohi said:

If the turn by turn directions shown in VC are exactly the same as those shown by google maps, then does it not mean that somehow the google map feed is being taken by the native maps? And if the directions are "true" then why does it matter if the VC shows native or google maps?

What you have at the moment on the VC is Android Auto turn by turn directions and native map. It might get messy and confusing sometimes as the data streams are different. I don`t believe that AA and native maps are anyhow integrated.

3 hours ago, linni said:

Getting even more interesting. You could see Google maps/Waze on headunit and the native maps on VC at the same time on MIB2,5  until last summer, when this feature was suddenly killed. Only AA navigation or native navigation at a time. When AA working on headunit, VC says "you have another nav app running" and no maps, not to mention navigation.

I see.

Actually in my 2021 Skoda I can have the native Maps during Waze navigation on the VC. I nevere tried to use both navigation together.

Edited by Capitanharlock

2 minutes ago, Capitanharlock said:

Actually in my 2021 Skoda I can have the native Maps during Waze navigation on the VC. I nevere tried to use both navigation together.

Please try`use both navigations at the same time, would be interesting. This feature didnt work by default on MIB 2,5, but there was a simple workaround (first start car nav, then Waze, then again car nav and the both work simultaneously). But sadly, all this was killed by some smart*ass.

You can swith either of these voices off.

But as I travel a lot abroad,I used to have Waze and native navigation running at the same time. You cannot trust completely either of them so it was good to have alternatives.

@linniAA & native maps cannot work together combined(at least in MIB 3 Amundsen). When you have Waze running on the MIB with guidance placed already and you try to search in the native maps for a destination it automatically stops the WAZE Guidance.

When you have the native maps already running and then you connect to AA and start route guidance via WAZE it kills the native maps guidance.

Somehow AA(Google maps/WAZE) is linked with the native maps because when Waze/Google maps is on the Amundsen display and the native map on the VC you get direction arrows in the VC from the WAZE route.

Well, little look to past:

MIB 2,5

AA running, native maps always on VC

AA running, native guidance running on VC with a workaround.

That was until summer 2020. Then either Skoda or AA made a change in the software and now if you switch on AA maps, native maps view from VC disappears and "you have another nav running" text appears.

MIB 3

Can have at least AA running and native maps on VC.

That`s already progress.

• 2 weeks later...

It works with Apple Carplay as well. I have the standard navigation on Amundsen with wireless Apple Carplay / Android auto and if I set route on my Apple Maps then the VC shows the direction arrows and displays its map. I have no idea if this would have worked if I didn't have the ordinary Skoda navigation. MIB 3 seems like a decent system that integrates well with Carplay - it also plays Spotify right away when I start the engine through Carplay without me having to connect cables or press any buttons.

Very impressive. 

IMG_0967.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I realise that my question is not directly related to Waze, but there appears to be a lot  of expertise on the VC and navigation so hear goes!

I have just taken delivery of my new Superb Estate L&K (with the 280 TSi engine which is really rather good!) so it has the Columbus Infotainment system. My last car was a 19 plate L&K with the TDi 190 engine and that wasn't too slow either!), also with the Columbus. On the older car I could set the sat nav to show a split screen which gave lane indications at junctions. I don't seem to be able to do the same on the new car. Am I missing something?

On 26/02/2021 at 19:33, skoda_disconnect said:

It works with Apple Carplay as well. I have the standard navigation on Amundsen with wireless Apple Carplay / Android auto and if I set route on my Apple Maps then the VC shows the direction arrows and displays its map. I have no idea if this would have worked if I didn't have the ordinary Skoda navigation. MIB 3 seems like a decent system that integrates well with Carplay - it also plays Spotify right away when I start the engine through Carplay without me having to connect cables or press any buttons.

Very impressive. 

IMG_0967.jpg

Mine does not do that. I have the same VC layout as your picture with the Columbus info system, but no matter which nav app I use on my phone via Apple CarPlay, I do not get any direction info on the dash and have to keep it open on the main screen.
If I go to another screen on the Columbus display, say radio, I will hear the directions through the speaker but no info on the dash.

Wonder if it is due to it being a UK model car.

4 hours ago, Billywizzo said:

Mine does not do that. I have the same VC layout as your picture with the Columbus info system, but no matter which nav app I use on my phone via Apple CarPlay, I do not get any direction info on the dash and have to keep it open on the main screen.
If I go to another screen on the Columbus display, say radio, I will hear the directions through the speaker but no info on the dash.

Wonder if it is due to it being a UK model car.

Hm, my infotainment system is Amundsen (Bolero + SatNav), not Columbus. Also my Karoq is MY 2021 with MIB 3 and wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, so may be this is what makes the difference. 

37 minutes ago, skoda_disconnect said:

Hm, my infotainment system is Amundsen (Bolero + SatNav), not Columbus. Also my Karoq is MY 2021 with MIB 3 and wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, so may be this is what makes the difference. 

Mine is a MIB3 also as car new in November. Only difference I can see is mine is a Columbus info system and I guess the country as yours is l/h drive and mine is a UK r/h drive model. Who knows with Skoda.

• 2 months later...

Interesting topic! I have a Scala (Bolero + virtual cockpit), but I'm not seeing directions either. Is this enabled in some software version? Or is it possible to code this with VCDS or something?

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

So many useful infos, so I also wanted to contribute.

I have Skoda Kamiq (2021) with Bolero and cable connection, but it only displays Android Auto logo on my VC and I can only scroll down recently called numbers. There is no way I can cast maps to it or even directions, as I saw on your screenshots.

Any help, or info would be really helpful :)