Park Assist Issue

129c

I have an issue with my park assist on my 2009 MK2 Superb that even my main agent could not answer for me so any suggestions would be seriously welcomed.

When park assist is switched on, the matrix should show the line of parked cars on the LEFT of the display as default.

Mine however is defaulted to show the line of parked cars on the RIGHT as shown below.

My car went in for work today and I asked them to check the Skoda system to see if it can be changed to the left like every other UK car. Sadly they could see no way of changing it with the car plugged in and they are stumped!!

Any ideas please?

20200128_212946.jpg

Does it change to the left if you put the left indicator on?

On my car whilst it does default  to the left I can switch sides with the indicators.

If it does switch I would live with the slight problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawlesstce said:

Does it change to the left if you put the left indicator on?

On my car whilst it does default  to the left I can switch sides with the indicators.

If it does switch I would live with the slight problem.

Indeed it does switch to the left with indication. Its just bugging me a bit.

Any idea where the control module is foe the system please?

The fact that the default position is to the right suggests that the car thinks it's in a right hand drive country, have you checked which country you are linked to?

PS I have no idea how to do this, but I do know that it is possible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lawlesstce said:

The fact that the default position is to the right suggests that the car thinks it's in a right hand drive country, have you checked which country you are linked to?

PS I have no idea how to do this, but I do know that it is possible.

I did try and find a setting for this but could not see anything in any of the settings.

is one of the options in the MFD MPH [ i.e. your speed is shown as MPH in this window], if so the car has been set to Australia, and that may explain your problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lawlesstce said:

is one of the options in the MFD MPH [ i.e. your speed is shown as MPH in this window], if so the car has been set to Australia, and that may explain your problem.

I will have a look. What would the UK default setting be?

There is a locale setting for the vehicle in one of the control modules, I think in either the BCM (address 9) or the instrument cluster (address 17) which sets country specific behaviour for all other modules on the car. You will need VCDS or similar to access this setting through diagnostics. If you can supply the output from a full VCDS autoscan here as @langers2k has suggested we may be able to help somewhat by comparing to other cars.

Out of curiosity, when the display shows cars on the right of the screen, where are the cars that the sensors are actually detecting? Also, are you particularly close to a wall or ditch on the right side of the vehicle when this happens? The system is not smart enough to tell a wall from a car; it's just able to tell that there's something solid there or not and a wall could easily make the system think there are cars there.

On 29/01/2020 at 21:20, Lawlesstce said:

The UK version does not have a speed indication in MFD.

It has mpg (average and real time) trip miles, hours driven, oil temp, but not speed. 

Mine is UK version and it does show speed in MFD and it is in km/h, my park assist default shows cars on the left. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK so after doing some research it appears my car is fitted with a European parking control ECU 

The diagnostic system shows the ECU to be 3t0919475b.

I'm told the one fitted to UK cars is 3t0919475. 

Does anyone please have a UK only MK2 with park assist who also has a diagnostic system that they could possibly check for me which Park assist ECU they have fitted please?

This would put this matter to bed once and for all for me. I'd be most grateful.

4 hours ago, 129c said:

OK so after doing some research it appears my car is fitted with a European parking control ECU 

The diagnostic system shows the ECU to be 3t0919475b.

I'm told the one fitted to UK cars is 3t0919475. 

Does anyone please have a UK only MK2 with park assist who also has a diagnostic system that they could possibly check for me which Park assist ECU they have fitted please?

This would put this matter to bed once and for all for me. I'd be most grateful.

Those two part numbers are the same part, the 'B' suffix just refers to a later version of it. It wouldn't make much sense from an engineering point of view to have two different parts for left and right hand drive. It's most likely that there's a setting somewhere to change this but it will require diagnostics to change it.

45 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Those two part numbers are the same part, the 'B' suffix just refers to a later version of it. It wouldn't make much sense from an engineering point of view to have two different parts for left and right hand drive. It's most likely that there's a setting somewhere to change this but it will require diagnostics to change it.

Is that a UK built car?

47 minutes ago, chimaera said:

I took it to Skoda main agent and they said there was no way to alter the default settings for park assist.

I think I will get a cheap replacement and see what happens.

I have VCDS autoscans from three Superbs, one Irish market car which is MY2011, and two UK market cars, both MY 2012. All three have the same controller part number: 3T0 919 475 C, with software version 3T0 919 475 C. All behave as expected when using park assist.

• Thanks 1

The STG 10 Park Assist controller can be coded with VCDS and Skoda would be able to change things. They - our local main dealer - are not very knowledgeable or are advised not to do it. I managed to mess up my STG10 badly and they did not have a clue when I eventually went to them and asked them to fix it for money. It is working fine again but not with help from Skoda.

• 2 weeks later...