The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

10 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Apparently Land Rover are gobsmacked a Discovery Sport can get to London and most of the way back on a single tank. 

Single tank probably not that impressive, being actually reliable enough is much more impressive.

• Haha 1

The man needs to get a Tesla i think.  'Self driving' would be an advantage.

The transport minister or Secretary of State for transport can advise.

I do wonder if he has found a nice wee bit of woodland with a 'For sale' sign to invest in like the family have already in County Durham.

Another nice conservation area with tax benefits. 

If you need your glasses for driving then wear them, or go get your eyes retested.

If you have had lazer eye treatment try to remember where it was done.

&

If you just wore them to make you look intelligent that was a waste of time as it has been proven.

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 18.18.03.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 19.03.53.jpg

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJRJ said:

He's a slippery fish isn't he? As befits a fish he's getting a mild grilling now!

2 hours ago, NJRJ said:

He's dancing around the (poss pir) wording of the legislation - I so wish we'd all been locked down properly (not the half hearted thing we got) and he'd be toast - not even tried it.

Out of the frying pan...................

Just had this forwarded:-

So Cummings was "testing his eyes" on a lockdown free drive to Barnard Castle? Funny that that is where the research facility and HQ of GlaxoSmithKline is situated. And who are developing a Covid19 vaccine that they have already signed an agreement with French firm Sanofi.  And who were fined by ourselves in 2016 a total of £37 million for bribing companies not to make generic copies of their out of patent drugs thus continuing to overcharge the NHS.
Apparently he was there on Sunday 12th and the research facility is presently working 24/7
Of course all this could just be coincidence.Folk do go there for relaxation ( or to test their eyesight)
Even when that's  not allowed,but let that pass.What is going on????

It's getting worse for Dom, he's either a richard cranium of the highest order, or just a big league bung taker... I've not looked into the conspiracy but it could fly in the press!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NJRJ

Where did that get sent to you from?

I think i will go take a bit of exercise and take a run down to their Montrose Factory to test my eyesight with the sun setting behind me.

How many UK HQ's do they have?

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.18.25.png

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.46.43.png

It was from a mate (and not a conspiracy loony either) GSK do have a massive factory there, and it might be ordinary research and production in UK rather than head office.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NJRJ said:

It was from a mate (and not a conspiracy loony either) GSK do have a massive factory there, and it might be ordinary research and production in UK rather than head office.

And is it DC's sister in laws that is a director of the NHS tracing program too ?

So apparently when Cummings said he mentioned Coronavirus in his blogs last year at today's press briefing, what he meant to say is he edited his blog from last year which mentioned Coronvirus in April or May this year. So, more BS? 

• Like 1

It was only when i read it in the Independent this morning that something rather important had me wondering why i missed that in Dominic Cummings drivel yesterday.

His wife called him to say she thought she had coronavirus.  So he runs out of Downing Street on the 27th March and goes home to see her.

Then later he returns to Downing Street / his work place.

No doubt to be sure there was nothing in his desk or on the computer that might be found.

Full account of the actions of a fool who went into a house with possible coronavirus.    

Michael Gove just says on BBC Breakfast this morning round of TV and Radio  at that point Dominic's wife was not showing Coronavirus symptoms at that time.  WTF.  The whole carry on is based on that she was.

Peas in a pod.

If they had half a brain each they would be dangerous..

Today Michael is wearing his glasses, just to give us confidence he is a serious man with 20/20 vision.

I think they share the non prescription glasses around as and when needed.

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 18.18.03.jpg

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Anyone noticed that a week ago locals flocked to the beach at Weston Super Mare and now the local Hospital is full of Covid-19 cases.

... so much so that they stopped taking any other admissions.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

His wife's fathers castle.   

http://chillingham-castle.com/your-visit

Plenty space to go and social distance from anyone there.

Where the wild cattle have been isolated for centuries to keep them safe from pestilence ?

Even to the extent of sending groups of them to far-flung places to preserve the breed.

There's  even a " dog bed " where your pooch can stay as he's not permitted elsewhere in the ground - possibly a good place to isolate DC Junior ?

Edited by punyXpress
Brain Fade!

Going on for 2.000 more excess deaths reported in week 20 (w\e 15 May 2020)  than week 19 ............

(VE day under reporting it appears).   Excess death in 2020 reported on TV  now at 47,000 this year compared to the average. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending15may2020

Main points

• The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 15 May 2020 (Week 20) was 14,573; this was 3,380 lower than Week 18, 1,916 more than Week 19 and 4,385 more than the five-year average.

• The early May Bank Holiday contributed to both the decrease in the number of deaths registered in Week 19 and the increase in the number of deaths registered in Week 20, as deaths were unlikely to be registered on Friday 8 May. Next week’s report will allow a better assessment of recent trends in the number of all-cause deaths and deaths related to COVID.

• Of the deaths registered in Week 20, 3,810 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, the lowest number of deaths involving COVID-19 in the last six weeks, accounting for 26.1% of all deaths and 120 deaths fewer than Week 19.

Or the Torygraph says 60,000 for an up to date figure ........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/26/uks-covid-19-death-toll-rises-60000/

UK's Covid-19 excess death toll rises to more than 60,000

Compared to the five-year average, 60,822 more people have died in the UK since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.  The number of excess deaths recorded in the UK since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic has risen to above 60,000 according to official statistics.  This figure is a measure of the number of people who have died in the UK since the beginning of March this year - irrespective of whether Covid-19 was mentioned on their death certificate - compared to the five-year average for this period.  It is considered to be the gold standard for assessing the impact of the disease and the latest figures cover deaths registered up to May 15.  60,822 excess deaths were recorded for this period in the UK, significantly higher than the number of people dying with coronavirus specifically mentioned on their death certificate....

More musings on DC:

It beggars belief that someone in his position, and presumably on a thumping salary, didn't have the common gorm to arrange a nanny/children's nurse.
The first (Tory) comments show what a savage bunch they've become. No wonder they want to ' move on ' asap !

He said his car was already full of  PETROL, and no mention of refilling on the return journey until directly asked. Surely he claimed for fuel on his expenses ?

The word from the top, a definite "Stay at Home " changed to a wishy washy "  Stay Alert  " about this time : coincidence ?

Both BJ & DC said the instinct to do what he did justified his actions. I have a strong instinct to go for a 70mph blast up to Durham on the bike, presumably that would be similarly justified?

10 minutes ago, punyXpress said:

More musings on DC:

It beggars belief that someone in his position, and presumably on a thumping salary, didn't have the common gorm to arrange a nanny/children's nurse.
The first (Tory) comments show what a savage bunch they've become. No wonder they want to ' move on ' asap !

He said his car was already full of  PETROL, and no mention of refilling on the return journey until directly asked. Surely he claimed for fuel on his expenses ?

The word from the top, a definite "Stay at Home " changed to a wishy washy "  Stay Alert  " about this time : coincidence ?

Both BJ & DC said the instinct to do what he did justified his actions. I have a strong instinct to go for a 70mph blast up to Durham on the bike, presumably that would be similarly justified?

His headline salary is only £99K pa I saw reported, presumably so it does not have to be reported separately and in detail.

You could do 70 mph plus 10% of speedo error and 2% for tyre size difference is if you want to bend the rules like some.  Must get by phone's GPS on a holder for the bike though I am supposed to only do 5k revs therefore indicated 75 mph when running in I gather.  

?

So it is a petrol 4x4 then that he has for nipping around London and taking trips in.

Jaguar Land Rover / TATA wish to borrow 1 billion squid! 

How would they like that, cash or card, and where and when can the 'Tea money tin get topped up?, maybe in a small forest car park someplace.

(does he have another vehicle for being incognito, or does he borrow one of Boris's crappy 'Pool Cars' for those trips you want to go un-noticed.)

I just ask because the likes of Michael Gove MP only ever speaking about filling up with petrol any time they talk about such things.

Ian Blackford MP takes a slagging for having a Range Rover up in Skye and also for getting a new one this year.

Ex City Banker living in the Highlands and Islands spends his money.

Dominic Cummings still something in the city that rhymes with banker.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 13.17.25.png

Cummings drives a DIESEL Discovery Sport MoT not due until 2022 Reg is KW69GBY
https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

gettyimages-1214896763-1024x1024.jpg

Whatcar review says;

Terrible reliability

Compromised ride comfort on larger wheels

So-so performance

Poor fuel economy and CO2 emissions
I thought he was supposed to be a genius :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EURO 6 GD Emissions. Real Driving Emissions (RDE) 1    Additional Rate applicable until 31st October 2025

Say what we tell you and not as we do.     

Walk, Cycle or take your e-Scooter which is not yet legal to use on public highways or pavements in the UK.

'Or drive rather than use public transport'.

So that is what he does, drives the family car, bought and paid for, maybe leased, maybe a wee perk. But then he is a Slipper farmer / land owner.

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-cummings-could-have-gone-straight-to-london-gove-11994739

Obvious it was during the start of lockdown on Sunday the 12th of April and you were not to drive to exercise locations, 

but then Gover will be referring to advice to his buddies.

• Like 1

Cummings' wife wrote in the Spectator that he was in bed for 10 days yet Cummings' account yesterday said he drove to the hospital.
Here's Mary reading her Spectator article on BBC Radio4 on 25th April saying he layed 'doggo' for ten days.
The dates don't match. Something stinks about the whole saga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mary Wakefield's articles will now be classed as fiction.

All credibility now lost surely as a journalist.    Or actually good for her career, it never harmed Piers Morgan.

No point being the Script Writer of the televised version of the Dash to Durham story as she has such a poor memory.

PS

Their son is not stupid, he was dressed as a doctor and feeding dad ribena like a 'Broadmoor Nurse'. 

Father has been described in the past as a a 'Career psychopath' by David Cameron although the two had never met.

Takes one to know one then.

Like Brothers from another Mother.  Difficulty telling the truth.

1 hour ago, punyXpress said:

I have a strong instinct to go for a 70mph blast up to Durham on the bike, presumably that would be similarly justified?

Of course just wear this

CovIdiot Mask.jpeg

• Like 1