Who is Oldmansomerset?

Jigger72

1 hour ago, Jigger72 said:

His history seems to consist entirely of welcoming people to the forum 😄

And what is wrong with that?

• Like 1

He's an old man from Somerset... Retired chap, married, ex-forces (sounds like RAF), has dogs, drives a MkIII Octy and has also had a MkI, GT86, Peugeots and Land Rovers, but is not a fan of Lexus.

Sounds like a jolly decent fellow, to me...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oldmansomerset said:

I grew up with carbs, coils and distributors which could be fixed without plugging in for a diagnosis

You might appreciate the "Classic Skoda" fora, which don't do anything newer than the Skoda Felicia.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 14:37, Jigger72 said:

His history seems to consist entirely of welcoming people to the forum 😄

Think it would be a tad rude not to welcome him officially to Briskoda although a member longer than me.:thumbup:

31 minutes ago, Oldmansomerset said:

Thank you very much for all your kind words.  Now where did I put that ruddy wheelchair ?🍺

Good to hear you're OK. 👍

The only reason I asked is that yesterday the whole Unread Content list was dominated by you welcoming newbies, which is no bad thing, but I was intrigued.

• Haha 1

Yes - if I go away from the site for a while I tend to do them in batches but will try and remember to spread them out a bit in future.  Mind you, I think people tend to join in batches or at last over a short time frame or something like that.  Looks like you read them in batches?

From one old bloke to another-great read. I particularly liked the comment on coils/distributors etc.

Please don't go away in batches ( no 3 on here ,as what we  call a breadroll in this part of the world )

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/batch

.😃