Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

18 hours ago, mac11irl said:

youve upset me by deleting before i saw it....

Me too - I had meant to add "so no point in wasting scarce PPE"

Thankyou Rooty, I appreciate and heed your warnings :thumbup:

Now I need to ask the same of people that post mouth watering images of roast potatoes :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I decided to watch it after redaing your comments.

Yes the message is spot on but will be wasted in my country, its why they didn't even ask people to reconsider taking a summer holiday.

I have friends in the South who have been really carefull isolating and protecting themselves and others all this year, they accepted an invitation to a wedding which had the maximum (then) of 30 authorised guests, 12 people contracted CV19 there including both of them, some of the others have not made recoveries after 3 weeks like they did and are in a bad way.

Yesterday I saw video footage of a Jewish wedding in the USA with 7000 people crammed into one hall.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

Maybe her style is what is now needed to get through to those who aren't listening?

I'm more than happy to forego this one Christmas if it improves my chances of celebrating many more in the future.

Santa doesn't make house calls to cemeteries...

reality check is - Christmas is going to be weird and ****e this year regardless of what level of restrictions are in place, and there will be an early January spike because people are idiots and will ignore them.

personally, 

im quite looking foreward to a quiet christmas with just the 4 of us here. reckon i may even do a big slow roast featherblade of beef for dinner. swmbo isnt a turkey fan, and i dunno can i be arsed doing one just for me. its not like its going to be a traditional Christmas anyway!!!

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

swmbo isnt a turkey fan, and i dunno can i be arsed doing one just for me.

I'm not a turkey fan either and our normal Xmas feast (with daughter, SIL & grandson) is a turkey for them as wants it and a roast leg of lamb.  Seems to work well as long as you don't mix up the gravies :)

BTW How about something like a turkey crown a la Aldi or Lidl for you?  That way you can enjoy the budgie without all the hassle.

NB All things that fly or purport to fly are known as "budgies" where I grew up :)

Edited by StickyMicky

19 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Many will remember being told when young that if they had not been good you just got ashes at Christmas

But I'm sure you'll understand if I prefer those ashes to not be mine!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

BTW How about something like a turkey crown a la Aldi or Lidl for you?  That way you can enjoy the budgie without all the hastle.

maybe, that said though... i havnt roasted a featherblade this year, and it is a seriously under rated cut of meat when done properly..

as in, seared at 730am with onion and mushrooms, then low and slow roast until 2pm.... 

3 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

I'm not a turkey fan either and our normal Xmas feast (with daughter, SIL & grandson) is a turkey for them as wants it and a roast leg of lamb.  Seems to work well as long as you don't mix up the gravies :)

BTW How about something like a turkey crown a la Aldi or Lidl for you?  That way you can enjoy the budgie without all the hassle.

NB All things that fly or purport to fly are known as "budgies" where I grew up :)

`SIL`?

• Groan 1

2 minutes ago, mandp said:

probably better spelling it out for clarity,

Happy to do in future, but I first learned to use the abbreviation here on the forum.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Ok, so who can see what some numbnut forgot to do last night

20201124_102911.thumb.jpg.ab127131392331c00cdeae343783a5e9.jpg

We can't expect high flying executives to remember things like charging computer gear.

You should have known though! :tongueout: