Front Grille replacement

6 hours ago, Knapp37 said:

What are people doing for the black trim? Picking up my superb on Sat and I'm wanting to change the trim. Can't seem to find any online though. Are people painting them or is there somewhere I can buy one? 

i spray-painted, using Plasti-dip, the chrome trim on my lower grille.  

u could buy these bits from superskoda, in black already, if u wanted to, instead of painting it urself.

i removed the actual chrome trim from the grille, so i could spray it properly.

the upper grille would b more involved i'd imagine, and i myself haven't separated it.

20201004_173926-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.d11a9d83fd97fced9cd3bd20c725735c.jpg874319941_PXL_20210505_0255405132.thumb.jpg.f0fdf20ae04e23315d292edb0b01e280.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

How many miles has it done since and how is the plastidip holding up against stone chips please?

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

How many miles has it done since and how is the plastidip holding up against stone chips please?

Did it in September last year - no stone chips or peeling.

Been holding up well.  Been through a number of high pressure washes to.

So far so good.

• Like 1

Looks like super Skoda can't ship the trim to the UK because it's over 2kg and over 50cm long.

Bit of a shame really as I had quite a big shopping list going! 

Can't find another trim anywhere so really playing around with the idea of just taking it off and painting it! 

• 9 months later...
On 16/07/2020 at 18:39, Xiin said:

Heres another go at it.

Got silver mesh from local auto parts store, painted it black and installed it behind the grill and front lip also found its way under the bumper. Much better now !

20200716_163334.jpg

2020-07-16__16.32.51.jpeg

Hi Xiin,

Looking good! Do you remember the make and model of the front splitter you have?

7 minutes ago, Xiin said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Could you please take a photo straight from the side, when you have time. 

I cant get the idea from the superskoda pictures that how far the splitter protudes.

19 minutes ago, Meikkis said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Could you please take a photo straight from the side, when you have time. 

I cant get the idea from the superskoda pictures that how far the splitter protudes.

This is the best I can give you right now.

My splitter actually broke, because car was abit too low for this winter we have here, hehe.

About to order new one when snow is gone.

20200720_115153.jpg

13 minutes ago, Xiin said:

This is the best I can give you right now.

My splitter actually broke, because car was abit too low for this winter we have here, hehe.

About to order new one when snow is gone.

20200720_115153.jpg

How low?

I purchased my current skoda month ago and was planning to install H&R lowering springs during this spring.

Last car had an air ride, so there were no problems with the snow. 

But I can imagine that this current situation might cause some problems with the spoiler 😅

And thanks for the picture, looks good 👌

16 minutes ago, Meikkis said:

How low?

I purchased my current skoda month ago and was planning to install H&R lowering springs during this spring.

Last car had an air ride, so there were no problems with the snow. 

But I can imagine that this current situation might cause some problems with the spoiler 😅

And thanks for the picture, looks good 👌

Our Superb is on BC Racing BR Extra Low coilovers. Running with pretty low settings most of the time.

Becouse i got tired lifting and lowering all of our cars every spring/fall i also installed air suspension to my daily (2020 Skoda Scala).

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2020 at 18:59, boydeee said:

I changed my grille surround today. It's a bit fiddly in places so it would depend how patient you are and how much time you have.

I did not remove the bumper. 

You are/were a magician...

I did take the bumper off and took almost 4 hours the whole procedure. I only did change the grill frame....

So I recommend, do not try without removing the bumper... some of the clips, and screws impossible to reach without that, if the bumper on its place...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, QubiDK said:

I did take the bumper off and took almost 4 hours the whole procedure. I only did change the grill frame....

So I recommend, do not try without removing the bumper... some of the clips, and screws impossible to reach without that, if the bumper on its place...

🤣 Thanks!

I didn't want to remove mine if I could avoid it and managed ok. It was fiddly at times but I enjoy a challenge! 

5 hours ago, QubiDK said:

+1

I removed the grille frame surround the other day and there is no way I could've done it with the bumper still on!!

The screws at the bottom and the one above the ACC radar r next to impossible to reach if bumper hasn't been removed - for me at least.

The million clips holding the frame r a pain to separate too!!

@boydeee is a magician!!

1282478130_PXL_20220226_0026253582.thumb.jpg.9ad99229f4a22e1f0bece2393c10d396.jpg

1464040511_PXL_20220226_0035564102.thumb.jpg.e4d28e3862ca5b7b990174a04a32a7fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 28/03/2022 at 22:20, JR RS said:

+1

I removed the grille frame surround the other day and there is no way I could've done it with the bumper still on!!

The screws at the bottom and the one above the ACC radar r next to impossible to reach if bumper hasn't been removed - for me at least.

The million clips holding the frame r a pain to separate too!!

@boydeee is a magician!!

1282478130_PXL_20220226_0026253582.thumb.jpg.9ad99229f4a22e1f0bece2393c10d396.jpg

1464040511_PXL_20220226_0035564102.thumb.jpg.e4d28e3862ca5b7b990174a04a32a7fb.jpg

Amazing, by any chance do you have more photos of removing process, I would like to do it but my garage is very small and just wanted to see is it huge thing to do to remove bumoer and what mostly holds it in place

23 hours ago, Mika_chaos said:

Amazing, by any chance do you have more photos of removing process, I would like to do it but my garage is very small and just wanted to see is it huge thing to do to remove bumoer and what mostly holds it in place

I've attached a PDF on how to remove the front bumper.

Basically:-

1. Put front on jack stands

2. Remove front wheels

3. Remove wheel arch liner

4. Disconnect washer fluid pipe

5. Disconnect electrical plugs

6. Remove screws holding bumper

7. Remove bumper

Removing Front Bumper.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Macsamillion said:

Has anyone fitted the grill surround that is black and red from Kopacek. Think its called the devil edition. Interested to see how it looks. 

Superb III - grille frame painted in BLACK MAGIC / RED grille frame - DEVIL edition : SUPERSKODA.COM (kopacek.com)

If I had a red Superb - I would've got that.

I did however replace my chrome grille surround with a black version though, from Kopacek.

20221009_174243-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.da77b900626c4d1c514b522c4fa5317a.jpg

PXL_20220725_091340729.thumb.jpg.2ef936b5d5a8586ab1521206bac13d3b.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I want to upgrade my skoda with the sportline bodykit. I was looking for a part codes for the oem sportline front grille, grille frame and radar cover. Can anybody confirm that part numbers I found are correct: grille: 3V0853653ZD4, frame: 3V0853761AF9R, radar cover: 3V0853655ZD4.

Also I was looking at kopacek and I saw they sell modified monte carlo grille and radar cover: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-Autoas-front-grille-with-radar-MONTE-CARLO-BLACK-metallic-edition and http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-radar-hole-cover-BLACK-MAGIC-F9R. I assume these are original parts but modified (sprayed), they aren't stock. The grille frame they sell however is stock (oem) and it will be slightly different I suppose. Have anyone tried a combination of front grille and radar cover from kopacek with oem grille frame? They are also a bit more expensive: grille with frame: 215Eur, radar cover: 55Eur. While stock parts are: grille: 86Eur, frame 129Eur, radar cover: 33 Eur. I'm a bit uncertain which option to choose, modified version from kopacek, or original skoda sportline. Thanks!

The stuff from Kopacek r pretty much OEM, so the quality and fitment will b perfect.

I removed the factory chrome grille frame surround and replaced it with the black Sportline frame.

It was perfect fit on the original grille.

The box/packaging is OEM, as per my pics above.

U have nothing to worry about with Kopacek parts.

I've been buying stuff from them over the past 10 yrs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JR RS said:

The stuff from Kopacek r pretty much OEM, so the quality and fitment will b perfect.

I removed the factory chrome grille frame surround and replaced it with the black Sportline frame.

It was perfect fit on the original grille.

The box/packaging is OEM, as per my pics above.

U have nothing to worry about with Kopacek parts.

I've been buying stuff from them over the past 10 yrs.

I'm sure about the quality. Most of their parts are oem. I'm not sure if I should go with oem look or with modified look grille from kopacek. If I will remove "foil" around side windows and go with shadowline later, it may have different colour than the modified kopacek grille. I recently bought Skoda and Superb black trunk emblems from kopacek. Superb emblem is oem and it comes I assume from the facelift model. The Skoda emblem is a modified monte carlo version. And actually they are different. If I put both of them on the trunk, probably I will notice the difference. Don't want the same to happen with the grille which is way more expensive.

Can anybody confirm the part codes from my post above?

On 14/01/2023 at 22:02, BurtMacklin said:

I'm sure about the quality. Most of their parts are oem. I'm not sure if I should go with oem look or with modified look grille from kopacek. If I will remove "foil" around side windows and go with shadowline later, it may have different colour than the modified kopacek grille. I recently bought Skoda and Superb black trunk emblems from kopacek. Superb emblem is oem and it comes I assume from the facelift model. The Skoda emblem is a modified monte carlo version. And actually they are different. If I put both of them on the trunk, probably I will notice the difference. Don't want the same to happen with the grille which is way more expensive.

Can anybody confirm the part codes from my post above?

ur overthinking this.

the Kopacek site list the part numbers for each of the items sold. 

u can compare these with the factory part number using online parts catalogue finder, and u'll b able to tell if they're OEM or modified.

the links u gave above for the kopacek parts even say "genuine Skoda Auto,a.s. product"

not sure how much more assurance u want.

i bought the black grille frame surround from kopacek.  part number is 3V0853761-F9R.

if u search for OEM black grille surround for Sportline models - u get the same part number.

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

ur overthinking this.

the Kopacek site list the part numbers for each of the items sold. 

u can compare these with the factory part number using online parts catalogue finder, and u'll b able to tell if they're OEM or modified.

the links u gave above for the kopacek parts even say "genuine Skoda Auto,a.s. product"

not sure how much more assurance u want.

i bought the black grille frame surround from kopacek.  part number is 3V0853761-F9R.

if u search for OEM black grille surround for Sportline models - u get the same part number.

With the modified I meant that they spray some parts. For example: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-Autoas-front-grille-with-radar-MONTE-CARLO-BLACK-metallic-edition. I have no doubts about the quality and that the part is oem, but they say: - modified to MONTE CARLO edition (Black Magic metallic F9R version). It means part is sprayed (painted). So this is modified OEM part. My only concern is, how does it look in reality. Because the grille is modified to monte carlo, while frame is unmodified, you can see here: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-grille-frame-SPORT-LINE-Black-magic-metallic-paint-F9R. So its not clear do they match visually.

As I said, I bought recently "skoda" emblem: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/Emblems/Genuine-Skoda-Autoas-rear-emblem-´SKODA´-MONTE-CARLO-black-version which is also OEM but modified to monte carlo edition. If you place it next to oem "superb" emblem: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Genuine-Skoda-Autoas-rear-emblem-´SUPERB´-SPORTLINE-black-version which is not modified to monte carlo, you can see that modified version "skoda" emblem has that pearl effect, while stock "superb" item is just glossy black. So this is my only concern, will they match visually or not, because the emblems dont match. An if you use them both on the boot, you may notice the difference. Not even saying that the letter size on both emblems is different.

Here is modified to monte carlo (black with pearl effect "Skoda" emblem):

image.thumb.jpeg.48fa07bd8e3157c4e640322161df7874.jpeg

Here is stock sportline (glossy black "Superb" emblem): 

image.thumb.jpeg.ebb704a0637e500b2ff5f4ccdcbf6ba6.jpeg

I agree that I maybe overthink a little bit but just wanted an advise before I make my final decision which design to choose - all oem (unmodified sportline), or mixed oem and modified to monte carlo from kopacek. Maybe someone tried one or both variants.

Colourwise they keep quoting Black Magic as a colour. This is what it can look like up close so anything that that colour will look like this. It has what look like Royal Blue. Turquoise and Silver flecks in it. You only really notice those in particular light but it does mean the normal colour is not a deep pure black but almost with a midnight blue hue to it. 

BDBBE9AC-8E95-4014-9782-C6C2B4FC8163.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 16/07/2020 at 16:39, Xiin said:

Heres another go at it.

Got silver mesh from local auto parts store, painted it black and installed it behind the grill and front lip also found its way under the bumper. Much better now !

20200716_163334.jpg

2020-07-16__16.32.51.jpeg

How did you attach the mesh if you don't mind me asking? 

11 hours ago, Dahmich said:

How did you attach the mesh if you don't mind me asking? 

I believe he did it by making holes in mesh to out it as close as possible and probabla screwed it with small screws, I wanted to do it that way and there were no issues with that but with radal and lidar, that mesh confuzes it and it cannot work. 

DSC_3656.JPG