Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

On 19/05/2020 at 22:43, domhnall said:

As and when I am able to drive it further than the supermarket I will have something to post - that photo was taken on the one work trip I have had to undertake.  2 months in to ownership and coming up for 400 miles done. 

Economy thread when?

16 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Economy thread when?

well it is another 8 days before they wil consider lifting restrictions at all so it's not driving anywhere until then 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@match14

Who is buying them new at £40,000 other than VW Finance and Lease Companies to lease to those that will save on paying tax to HMRC / Treasury.

Get cheap or free electricity.  Pay no congestion charges, workplace parking taxes etc etc.

So a 3 year lease of a £40,000 vehicle which might cost no more than leasing a £25,000 ICE Vehicle.

12,000 miles a year for 3 years and no Petrol / Diesel bought @ £1.10 a litre for an average 45 MPG vehicle is maybe £6,546.24 not spent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@match14

Who is buying them new at £40,000 other than VW Finance and Lease Companies to lease to those that will save on paying tax to HMRC / Treasury.

Get cheap or free electricity.  Pay no congestion charges, workplace parking taxes etc etc.

So a 3 year lease of a £40,000 vehicle which might cost no more than leasing a £25,000 ICE Vehicle.

12,000 miles a year for 3 years and no Petrol / Diesel bought @ £1.10 a litre for an average 45 MPG vehicle is maybe £6,546.24 not spent.

I never thought about like that. 👍 Then again I'm not someone who changes their car every 3 years. I always keep my car for a minimum of 6 years.

Edited by match14

In Scotland the Government / Tax Payers will give you a 6 year Interest Free Loan to buy an EV.

Then there is the free electric at many ChrgePlace Scotland Chargers and the suspended for now because of COVID 19 low emissions zones coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Should be cheaper than the new Audi e-tron S Sportback with a 95kWh battery, 3 electric motors, 4WD and a single speed automatic it can cover 0-62mph (100kph) in 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 130mph thanks to 496bhp (500PS) and 973Nm of torque. As an added bonus it can cover 226 miles if driven slowly for £88,700. There had to be a catch really.

On 02/06/2020 at 16:10, match14 said:

I never thought about like that. 👍 Then again I'm not someone who changes their car every 3 years. I always keep my car for a minimum of 6 years.

even better then. Drive for virtually nothing, with little or no servicing and no tax, the longer you keep the car the greater the savings.

On 21/05/2020 at 01:02, ZacDaMan72 said:

Economy thread when?

I'm not sure that an economy thread is really possible when I am doing so little mileage. However, I can tell you it is significantly more efficient than  the Nissan Leaf which I had before. Today I drove from Livingston to Perth and back, then did a couple of local trips (supermarket run) a total distance of 110 miles. I used a total of 26 kW of electricity. Now this was all free as I charged it from my solar panels but if I had paid for it at 5p per kWh then that's £1.30 for 110 miles.  When you consider that a gallon of petrol contains 44 kW of energy, you can see I did 110 miles with a little more than half a gallon of petrol. 

Energy efficiency at 70 mph on the motorway plus 10 miles at 50mph on the dual carriageway here at home,  showed on the car screen as averaged at 4.23 miles per kWh.   On a run to North Berwick and back the other day (106 miles) I managed 5.7 miles per kWh because I cruised at a steady 62 mph.

That enough @ZacDaMan72 ?

• 2 weeks later...

It is not getting a grill up there as it is an EV, so just something to represent a grill.

It is not getting wheels anything like those either or tyres of that profile.

Skoda CZ would be as well just showing the vehicles and the gaps between tyres and arches and stop teasing with designers wish and a dream.

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 11.41.40.jpg

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 11.45.51.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UK prices given here: https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/the-future-starts-here-all-new-skoda-enyaq-iv-suv

What is in front bonnet as engine is at rear? The spare wheel perhaps?? But would you spend £30,000+ for a car that has a range of only around 200 miles if you're lucky, and then takes 40 minutes to refuel? All my cars recently have had a range of 450 to 500 miles and can be refuelled in a couple of minutes in any of thousands of filling stations. And owners need to have a drive or garage to recharge it at home. Fine for a second car for short journeys but a very expensive option! 

• Like 1