Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I see what you did there!

Its been derailed!

nah it's hit the buffers, hopefully it will get back on track soon

Edited by domhnall

I quite like the look of the Enyaq, Skoda normally start with some really nice lines and then it's as if someone bumps the draughtsman's table if you follow my train of thought 😉

and with the Enyaq they seem to have avoided the ungainly lines of some of the other models.

If I was in the market for say a discounted family car circa £32,000 it would be between a 2.0TSi 190PS Superb L & K hatch or the Enyaq 60 with the Suite interior. The Founders Edition is not worth the discounted £47,000 but I would pick the Enyaq at just under £32,000 for the space it offers compared to its rivals at the moment.:thumbup:

• Like 1

If you are in the market for a EV and comparing the various manufacturers models and offerings you probably have a ICE vehicle or maybe even a EV so are really not shopping for a ICE vehicle.  Strange that people keep saying what the money can buy if you we were to buy or lease an ICE vehicle.

The provisional UK configurator is athttps://cc.skoda-auto.com/visualizer/gbr/en-GB/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=K4K4&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2021%3B5AZFF2%3B0%3BGYE2YE2%3Bmda20200331104014%3Ben-GB%3B%3B64001%3B64001&interior=EO&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=d2d1e087-7243-4019-bee4-efdf27f8c33e&trimline=5AF|606400164001&visitedPages=

But it's VERY easy to exceed the $40k VED limit (although this doesn't seem to apply to EVs) if you want to match a decent Karoq/Kodiaq spec.

And there's no spare wheel option either (:

Chris

Edited by CJJE
  • Thanks 1

Had a play around, to get what I want I’d be about £46,000 before grant. (80 kw battery, a couple of toys, heat pump and 125 charge rate).

happy days, left name and contact details and preferred dealer as requested 

Can do no more at this stage..

• Like 1

I think this will sell well and certainly represents the future for the ŠKODA line up.

Non petrol/diesel is the future and we’ll just have to get used to life without them, in whatever form that takes 🙂

My first impressions and observations  having seen the launch videos and after a few days to get used to looking at it in photos:

> The grill is...odd in my opinion. Like the new Octavia, it looks like it’s doing an impression of itself and is too big a leap from the ‘traditional’ ŠKODA look. This seems to be a growing trend among manufacturers at the moment (looking at you BMW). The LED version is very gimmicky. I don’t want to think of the cost of replacing that if it’s damaged by a rock or pigeon making contact with it at high speed 😬

>The traditional ‘power dome’  is now upside down (power dent?). Again, I’m not sure how this is meant to fit with the rest of the range, or if it’s a deliberate move away from the traditional ŠKODA look. 
>The rear end looks like an after thought. Reminds me of the rear end of a Mondeo. 
>The interior looks nice, however as pointed out on the Autofughl video, ŠKODA made a point about this car using sustainable materials, yet it’s still packed full of animal skin and wool.

>Colour choice will be a key here. The launch event colour scheme (ice blue?) doesn’t do it any favours. Black and Red seem to help a lot. The special Tour de France red car they used the day after launch looked really good! 

I think the purported vRS version is going to appeal to the same sort of driver as the Kodiaq vRS- someone who wants the top of the line version and lots of torque, but unlikely to be used in a track. 

• Like 2

Thomas needs to get a grip.

He wants all sheep exterminated or to die off in horrible circumstances with maggots eating them to death.

For him to be happy Skoda need vinyl seats or other materials manufactured from vegetables so that will be oil, or recycled from the bones of dinaosaurs

I see this often on EV threads, there's always someone who will say

How will I tow the 1000kg boat 200 miles that I DO EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY. AND WHAT ABOUT THE JOURNEY TO GENEVA i DO EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!111111

For most of us, EVs will be the future, it will be interesting to see the depreciation of ICE cars over the next few years, I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

I quite like the idea of taking regular breaks and use the time charging to properly rest. We drive to the French Alps every July (usually) and 3 hours of driving with 20 to 30 minutes of rest is what we would do anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dodgy said:

I see this often on EV threads, there's always someone who will say

For most of us, EVs will be the future, it will be interesting to see the depreciation of ICE cars over the next few years, I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

I quite like the idea of taking regular breaks and use the time charging to properly rest. We drive to the French Alps every July (usually) and 3 hours of driving with 20 to 30 minutes of rest is what we would do anyway.

What EV do you drive?

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

What EV do you drive?

Been around the Internet long enough to recognise a leading question. 
but anyway,  right now Golf R Estate, next car Tesla model 3.

But most of my local miles by bicycle or foot. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2020 at 16:27, Luckypants said:

Yep, well over £40k to spec to what I would want and thats without the 80x AWD being available. By the time it's fully specced up,  its gonna be Tesla money. :wacko:

But you won't get Tesla quality which is very low, dodgy as hell. 

I reckon if VAG is required to meet it's co2 target by selling more BEVs/PHEVs there will be deals on the Enyaq. Maybe even pre-reg ones. 

Overall I like that VAG is keeping the ethos of making the Skoda model as the spacious one.  If everything works out as expected, VAG might be up there with total units of BEVs sold in within a year or so. 

• Like 1

As we all know a saloon Tesla 3 is way more practical than an estate such as the Golf and the Tesla can easily drive for more than 10 hours on one charge and for over 500 miles and is cheaper to buy than the better quality Golf R. So many advantages to buy the Tesla if zero road tax is the deciding factor in the decision making.

19 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

As we all know a saloon Tesla 3 is way more practical than an estate such as the Golf and the Tesla can easily drive for more than 10 hours on one charge and for over 500 miles and is cheaper to buy than the better quality Golf R. So many advantages to buy the Tesla if zero road tax is the deciding factor in the decision making.

Incoherent. Try again.

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I think it was meant to be sarcastic!

Yeah, I got that, but I don't know the reason. I tend to ignore people who think they know better than me about what suits my needs 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, not fully decided on Tesla yet, Polestar is also interesting as is the Enyaq. Hopefully retiring in the not too distant future and we'll likely be driving in Europe twice a year, the Tesla charging network is hard not to ignore for that reason. All things being equal in terms of charging networks, I wouldn't choose the Tesla.

Edited by Dodgy

Agree the Tesla charging network is the best currently available in Europe which makes longer journeys more viable (no sarcasm). But that would be the wrong reason for buying one of it's products. The basic Enyaq has a long enough range to complete your 2 annual European trips. Happy retirement BTW (no sarcasm).

• Like 1

Though the Enyaq could undoubtedly make the trip, there's still the question of not just scarcity, but reliability. Ionity is going through a really bad reliability patch just now, there's lots of experiences relayed on speakev.com

Imagine driving 900 miles but halfway through the ionity station you were relying on is offline. For UK use, you definitely don't need a Tesla, any car with 200 mile range and 100kw charging is enough, even if you have to settle for 50kw when ionity throws a fit.

• Like 1

^^^Lots more EV's going on the roads weekly and not all just going about towns but on journies.

It will help if those getting a Tesla bother to get to understand what chargers give them what charging speeds if they are not using Tesla chargers.

It is sadly becoming less true about the UK & 200 mile ranges when you are going to have to wait an hour or 3 to get your turn charging or you have to move on and try try and try again.

'Robert the Bruce EV charging.

Then certainly in Scotland unless more Rapid Chargers become available and those that provide or maintain them bother their back ends to do it promptly.

So both 50kWh and 100kWh chargers are needed and even more 350kWh chargers.

Slightly off topic but have recently met 2 Brisky members first @penguin17 who switched from a 280 Superb to a stage 1 Golf R with 383bhp and seemed very happy with it (who wouldn't) and @Colin170CR who went from a diesel to a stage 1 Superb 280 with 360bhp and he seemed very happy also now he wasn't doing a long commute down the M1 anymore. Perhaps a happy retirement for @Dodgy is simply a stage 1 remap on his existing car and enjoy the performance and range until EV battery range improves which it will do in the next 5 years.

Nah the tech is already advanced enough for my use case to go full EV with no looking back, no going to garages also, which I particularly dislike for some reason. Most of my charging will be at home.

Any idea when they will be available for test drives?  Currently looking at octy vrs all the way up through the range to superb sportline 4x4 as a stop gap until EV infrastructure is better (all estate variants).  This looks great but I still don't like the idea of being stuck without a way to charge.  Day to day will be handled by home charging which I expect is the same for most.  As I don't need to get rid of the oil burner I guess I could have both vehicles and use the EV daily while keeping the octy for long runs while I need it.