DAB+ retrofit, only aerial connection

Hi guys,

recently I retroffited new MIB2.5 Columbus with DAB+ feature. I had before MIB2 Columbus and only thing, which is missing for me now - DAB.

Is it possible to retrofit the dab aerial? I have Octavia III Combi.

As I saw on the internet, I "Just need to" connect coaxial cable from infotainment unit to right side window somehow.

I have on both sides already cables for AM/FM (I think it is just for this). 

Does anyone know, how to connect the DAB aerial? Do I just need to somehow split the cable from right side window to two coaxial cables (FM and DAB) and connect it to infotainment via coaxial cable?

Thank you for your help

And do you know exact coding, that I need to change? In VCDS I activated both DAB bands and DAB Alarm Announcements. That's all, right?

I just retrofitted original coaxial and receiver in left back side window.

I left the car for a few hours to "rest" and tried it a few minutes ago and everything is working now. So it was just the two DAB bands to turn on and DAB Announcements. 

And I needed just to change unit in left back side mirror from the one without index to one with index B, which has two outputs and connect another cable from this unit to infotainment unit. 

Just explaining it to help somebody in case of searching answer to this too :)

Thank you for your help :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi, Can U share what I need to do that with DAB? What kind of splitter do I need? Picture? What Unit in "mirror" did you change?

Thank you, Mitcho