Yellow ?

First of all , let me apologise for not posting for ages . I've been dropping in to have a nose around but seeing as my Furby VRS has had no problems for the last year , then I've pretty much kept quiet .

But the time has come for a change . I love the Furby but just fancy going back to petrol again .

This is where I need your help - I might be going to have a look at an Octy vrs tomorrow but there is one potential problem - its yellow .

:Yikes:

No offence to yellow Octy drivers but I just cant decide whether I like the colour or not . i know i like the Octy having driven a couple so its definitely the next car for me .

Opinions about yellow Octys please ..........

I think they look cool personally. Makes the car stand out more, and look like it's a sports car rather than just a run of the mill family car.

At the end of the day though, it's you that'll be driving it, and you that'll have to live with it... so it all depends on what you like, not what we like ;)

I love my yellow Octy, it makes me smile every time I see it. I never get fed up with seeing people play 'Yellow Car' as we drive past and best of all it's easy to find in the car park.

Oh! And it goes with my yellow shoes :D

Well, you wont lose it in Tesco's carpark, and it doesn't show the dirt as much as black. I guess it depends how comfortable you feel with shouting to the world ''I own a yellow Skoda ! '' :)

Mines yellow and I wouudn't change it.

I`m a first time owner of a Octy vRs and it`s yellow:) it`s the only colour I wanted when looking for my vRs going go for it:thumbup: you will smile:) ever time you drive it.It does show the dirt up a bit more but after a wash it looks great.

Well, you wont lose it in Tesco's carpark, and it doesn't show the dirt as much as black.

Doesnt show the dirt .... now you're talking !!

I used to own an Almera GTi in black and used to have to clean it every week - i'm more of a "clean it when you have to " person .

I'm going to have a look at THE YELLOW ONE this afternoon - I guess I will know when i see it whether its for me - it would be nice to drive something that stands out a little more than the norm though.

Yellow, you know it makes sense. As yellotaxi says, when all clean and shiney it does look like you've spent time with the polish. And 'coz it's a light colour, you need never worry about those dreaded swirl marks which are a pain in the butt with black cars.

I own a yellow one and i love it!!! :thumbup:

Also a point to note is that I see a few other octy vrs' around( always give them a flash too) but I have only ever seen one other yellow one on the road,(except on briskoda meets;) ) so it seems a bit more exclusive :cool:

Thanks all !

Went for a test drive in it yesterday and already noticed more people staring - mind you , it did look good in the sunshine:) :)

If i have it , i think a set of dark/graphite colour alloys are whats needed like Leeboys - that looks soooooooo nice !!!!

If i have it ' date=' i think a set of dark/graphite colour alloys are whats needed like Leeboys - that looks soooooooo nice !!!![/quote']

And you don't need to keep cleaning them!

To be honest when your buying second hand, colour is less important than condition imo. When we bought the wifes the dealer had two, one red and one yellow. Same year and price but the red one had covered more miles, the interior smelt like a dog kennel, there were holes in the seats, some of the foam had collapsed in the drivers seat and the exhaust was on the skew. No brainer really.:thumbup:

Deano

the yellow is no longer lemon yellow for those wanting a new octy, it is sprint yellow which is brighter and even better imo but then i love yellow so all good.

With any luck will be ordering a furby in sprint yellow this weekend so will have one of the brightest skodas around when get it :)