Keyless - Can it be disabled ?

I am not too sure how it works on the Superb, ie do you simply need to walk up to the car for it to open or do you need to press some kind of button, but if it is the former can it be changed so the key does not transmit 24/7. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Hudson1 said:

I am not too sure how it works on the Superb, ie do you simply need to walk up to the car for it to open or do you need to press some kind of button, but if it is the former can it be changed so the key does not transmit 24/7. Thanks

Yes you just walk up to the car and unless you've initiated eurotripwagen's tip above, it will just unlock.

I believe you must touch the door handle: with the key fob about your person, you grab the handle to unlock, you touch the little oval sensor on the outside edge of the handle to lock. 

What I like on these summer days is if you hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it until all the windows have fully opened and the sunroof has popped up. Nice.

4 minutes ago, freelunch said:

What I like on these summer days is if you hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it until all the windows have fully opened and the sunroof has popped up. Nice.

I think it also works on door handles, at least in reverse order. When I notice that I've left the sunroof and/or windows open I just touch and hold the "lock" on the handle to close everything.

There was a change for the MY19 model that meant the key fob was only transmitting when it was moved. So if its just sitting somewhere in the house, it shouldn't be transmitting.

KODA SUPERB - change of the product MY2019
KESSY-key motion sensor

Key without movement does not transmit signal for a certain period of time - protection against thefts.
The wireless remote control will be equipped with a position sensor.
Presently

- Possibility of theft

New

- Key without movement secure
- The key is in motion without protections

Previous thread:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/458312-my19-keyless-keys/

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/453455-kessy-security-problems/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, john999boy said:

Yes you just walk up to the car and unless you've initiated eurotripwagen's tip above, it will just unlock.

That's not true, at least not on my MY19:  You have to physically place your hand inside the door handle and only then it will unlock. 

Simply walking close to it or even standing next to it won't do it (for the better imo).

13 hours ago, numskull said:

But unlike other manufacturers, it doesn’t lock the car when you walk away from it, which, in my view is, a bit ridiculous. 

Renault does this and it is a nice feature, but the trade off is....well, having a Renault

Touching the door handle isn’t really hassle, and I believe you can do something with VCDS and even Carista where once the engine is switched off and all doors are closed the car locks itself immediately. 

Useful for some but useless for me because then I have to unlock it all again to get the dogs / shopping out, unless you leave your door open until finished. 

Yeah, Renault as you say, albeit others do the same but you’re right; it’s not a hassle just to touch the handle but it’d be nice to have the option. 
There’s the “slam the bloody door” locking that can be set up in VCDS - is that the one you’re thinking about? 

15 hours ago, eurotripwagen said:

Press "unlock" on your key and quickly touch "lock" on the door handle, it will disable keyless entry.

The method I have used is after exiting and closing the doors, lock the car with the key then touch the outside of the handle to disable kessy (my18).

24 minutes ago, numskull said:

Yeah, Renault as you say, albeit others do the same but you’re right; it’s not a hassle just to touch the handle but it’d be nice to have the option. 
There’s the “slam the bloody door” locking that can be set up in VCDS - is that the one you’re thinking about? 

That’s the one! 😂

1 hour ago, newbie69 said:

That's not true, at least not on my MY19:  You have to physically place your hand inside the door handle and only then it will unlock. 
Simply walking close to it or even standing next to it won't do it (for the better imo).

That’s very true and not only do I totally agree, but was what I meant to put.

I blame it on a lack of brain to finger coordination! :thumbup: