lighting alarm

excuse me for my english, can someone tell me if there is an alarm if we forget to turn off the lights on fabia 3 1.2L 2017 mounted carlo?  In the morning I had the battery completely discharged

I'll leave this for another Fabia MK3 owner to answer as I have a VW Polo, but I would have thought that you should be getting this warning alarm and that it would not be able to stop it warning you by means of the car settings available to the owner.

Come on folks, hand over some help to another forum member!

1 hour ago, laurent2b said:

you think I am can we activate this option with the car radio ??

I can not think of any good reason why it would be possible to de-activate this alarm via the car settings(radio) so I would not think there is an option on the car settings to activate it.

Have you tried driving the car with the seat belt unclipped, really just to check that the warning buzzer or alarm does still work, in case that is why the "lights on" warning is not working.

There is indeed an alarm when you have ignition off, lights on, and door open. I've had screaming at me a few times when deliberately leaving my sidelights on when parked in a less than optimal place. For me it serves more as a reminder to turn it off when i get back in later.

• Like 1

...Following on from that, I thought it was now common practice, to have ancillaries such as lights, audio, etc switch themselves off after around an hour, if left on accidentally.

Most things that require change need to be done via vcds or at least, used to be.

I am only familiar with the MK2 Fabia but another simple-ish step to take, might be to retro-fit an auto lights headlight switch. Stick it on auto function and Bob's your mothers brother. 

The lights on warning buzzer only works if you open the driver's door.

It won't go off if you exit via the passenger door.

Thanks AG Falco

Leaving the headlights on and ignoring the alarm the car will switch to sidelights anyway but they will remain on till the battery goes flat, no need to guess how I know 🙁 It makes sense as a safety measure if you leave the vehicle illuminated at a breakdown or whatever.

OTOH leave a door or the tailgate open or the map reading lights on and the internal lights will indeed switch off after a delay to protect the battery

50 minutes ago, laurent2b said:

it's weird that no one was interested in this problem, i have vcds, but how to activate this option (if there is one)

Please tell me if you can set it to come on if you exit via the passenger side, Merci.

Thanks AG Falco

9 hours ago, laurent2b said:

AGFalco, excuse me, I don't understand what you mean

My Fabia will warn me if the lights are on if I leave by the Drivers door only.

If you find out that the car can warn me if I leave by the passenger door please tell me. Merci.

Thanks AG Falco

If you find a way for the alarm to work when you open the passenger door please tell me.

I want my car to do this.

Thanks AG Falco