Reversing camera

Hi guys, 

Could someone please point me in right direction in regards to getting correct parts for retrofitting reversing camera. I had Skoda looking into it but they said they only found one that fits models made up to 14th week and ironically my Superb was produced 15th week of 2018...and it came with the 9.1" Columbus full touchscreen unit.

Many thanks for any help

On 10/08/2020 at 21:18, MarioVrs said:

Hi guys, 

Could someone please point me in right direction in regards to getting correct parts for retrofitting reversing camera. I had Skoda looking into it but they said they only found one that fits models made up to 14th week and ironically my Superb was produced 15th week of 2018...and it came with the 9.1" Columbus full touchscreen unit.

Many thanks for any help

When I did mine I called TPS and they just took my reg and knew which camera kit I needed. You will need 2 items:

The camera kit (camera integrated into the boot handle and wiring loom from front of the car to the C pillar).

A 2nd shorter wiring loom which runs from the C pillar (plugs in to the other loom) to the camera. This shorter loom comes in 2 versions depending on whether you have a hatchback or estate so make sure you get the correct one.

• Like 1

I tried to do the coding myself (I have a friend with VCDS) using instructions I found online, but it didn’t work. I ended up getting Caffyns to code and calibrate for me. The charged about £100 which I thought was reasonable. 

How much has the kit set you back if you don't mind me asking? See I'm based in Jersey and reg number to TPS won't work that's my only worry

Edited by MarioVrs

It was around £220 then about her £20 for the wiring loom for the boot lid (hatchback). So around £350 all in parts and coding/calibration. Fitting took quite a while, but I’d do it in half the time if I had to do it again as I know how to get round all the problems now.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a 2017 Skoda Superb SEL Executive that I'm looking to retrofit a reversing camera too. I'm looking for the high line version that has dynamic guidelines,  different camera modes *and* the washer jet.

I've spoken with my local Skoda dealer and they seemed a bit vague on the model and features of the camera, they just simply told me that they order direct from Skoda and wouldn't know  about the part until it arrives. It seems like it will have dynamic guidelines but nothing else.

They quoted me £500 over two days. Has anyone had it done through their Skoda dealer?

3 minutes ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Hi all,

I have a 2017 Skoda Superb SEL Executive that I'm looking to retrofit a reversing camera too. I'm looking for the high line version that has dynamic guidelines,  different camera modes *and* the washer jet.

I've spoken with my local Skoda dealer and they seemed a bit vague on the model and features of the camera, they just simply told me that they order direct from Skoda and wouldn't know  about the part until it arrives. It seems like it will have dynamic guidelines but nothing else.

They quoted me £500 over two days. Has anyone had it done through their Skoda dealer?

I paid £477 and mine has the lines and I can press all sorts of buttons so I can see backing out left and right 

the lines move with the steering wheel too and tells me when to turn or what ever. No idea about a washer jet? Where would I look? 

EE4B26AC-1A91-473F-9D6F-0ABB087DA09F.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, short1uk said:

I paid £477 and mine has the lines and I can press all sorts of buttons so I can see backing out left and right 

the lines move with the steering wheel too and tells me when to turn or what ever. No idea about a washer jet? Where would I look?

Thanks for the photo! I like how the dynamic guidelines move according to your steering, and I believe those are the two to three camera modes (one regular, one ultra wide, one top down for a tow bar).

I imagine that they ordered from here: https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/rear-view-camera-superb-iii/p/3V0054634

It does seem to match the one in your photo and it seems like there isn't a washer jet.

However when I went to the dealer to have my car MOT'd I looked at their showroom Superb L&K and it had a reversing camera with a washer jet. Basically the same but with a little nozzle sticking out as you might be able to see from this website: 

https://www.carsystems.eu/skoda-superb-iii-3v0-high-line-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines,id2288.html

12 minutes ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Thanks for the photo! I like how the dynamic guidelines move according to your steering, and I believe those are the two to three camera modes (one regular, one ultra wide, one top down for a tow bar).

I imagine that they ordered from here: https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/rear-view-camera-superb-iii/p/3V0054634

It does seem to match the one in your photo and it seems like there isn't a washer jet.

However when I went to the dealer to have my car MOT'd I looked at their showroom Superb L&K and it had a reversing camera with a washer jet. Basically the same but with a little nozzle sticking out as you might be able to see from this website: 

https://www.carsystems.eu/skoda-superb-iii-3v0-high-line-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines,id2288.html

Yes one from above forgot that one!!! Looking right down at the back! Ah I see no washer her - doesn’t bother me tbh I make a point of a little wipe with a tissue each morning so it’s all clean. I have a video of the camera somewhere it’s super clear I couldn’t believe the clarity tbh! 

2 hours ago, short1uk said:

Yes one from above forgot that one!!! Looking right down at the back! Ah I see no washer her - doesn’t bother me tbh I make a point of a little wipe with a tissue each morning so it’s all clean. I have a video of the camera somewhere it’s super clear I couldn’t believe the clarity tbh! 

Which dealer did you use?  I am in the north west 

1 hour ago, nebrog23 said:

Which dealer did you use?  I am in the north west 

Me too! Wigan here - bought the car from Lightcliffe ŠKODA Warrington! Brill garage went back week later and bought an Octavia too! 
garage in Bolton is saying £599 so I said beat that and they did 

On 21/08/2020 at 17:54, SomethingSuperbly said:

That's a great find, would you know if it's' suitable for my headunit?

23 hours ago, MarioVrs said:

That's a great find, would you know if it's' suitable for my headunit?

Unfortunately I'm not sure, perhaps the model sold by Skoda should be suitable for the Superb Mk III (that being said, I sent them an email to which they told me I had contacted the Slovak infoline and to ask the UK infoline instead - still waiting for a reply!). My local Skoda dealer just took my registration and said it should fit but I'm hoping to see if I can get anything sorted with the washer jet - not essential but it would be nice.

I've also sent an email of the part including my VIN to carsystems.eu to see if they can tell me whether or not it's compatible but they have yet to reply.

I have also found another website that also sells the reversing camera (both highline and lowline but minus the washer jet): http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/skoda/superb/2015/genuine-skoda-oem-retrofit-kit-rearview-camera-high-superb-3v.html

I believe this depends on what code your head unit has, if you can pull it out there should be a code on the back plate like on this example (3V0 035 020 C😞 3V0035020C.thumb.jpg.f100af2134c58607463f0f5607453e7a.jpg

To be clear, all UK spec Superb’s can be fitted with rear cameras. All of them. Don’t listen to Skoda dealers, they know nothing. Owner of this car had 2 dealers say it couldn’t be done for different reasons and I heard the same story last week too. Both cars fitted with Highline camera and washer...

BCB0E34C-D5FF-4EDE-9D36-266E67E6E2DF.thumb.jpeg.8c2a3114d12289d49d6c50c4603a13c1.jpeg

42BC6010-517C-4CBB-9847-D1F06C97C0CF.thumb.jpeg.453e23b6646d8f81ba4ad26fd7167aa0.jpeg

09FCF84B-879D-480D-AFE1-2994A8BFE8F2.thumb.jpeg.012767395e657cbfea3a860ddd10305d.jpeg

CCF41244-72FE-4832-9124-A43E84116077.thumb.jpeg.cb4d4ebcb4524b4d51c941081d631d4d.jpeg

F9F8841E-BD0E-45CA-90B8-C7BD7D0C7A10.thumb.jpeg.cbe0d0d5c7c999a82001dd35d7673467.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Unfortunately I'm not sure, perhaps the model sold by Skoda should be suitable for the Superb Mk III (that being said, I sent them an email to which they told me I had contacted the Slovak infoline and to ask the UK infoline instead - still waiting for a reply!). My local Skoda dealer just took my registration and said it should fit but I'm hoping to see if I can get anything sorted with the washer jet - not essential but it would be nice.

I've also sent an email of the part including my VIN to carsystems.eu to see if they can tell me whether or not it's compatible but they have yet to reply.

I have also found another website that also sells the reversing camera (both highline and lowline but minus the washer jet): http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/skoda/superb/2015/genuine-skoda-oem-retrofit-kit-rearview-camera-high-superb-3v.html

I believe this depends on what code your head unit has, if you can pull it out there should be a code on the back plate like on this example (3V0 035 020 C😞 3V0035020C.thumb.jpg.f100af2134c58607463f0f5607453e7a.jpg

Damm i should have opted for it when i ordered the car, local skoda told me that camera they can get is suitable only for cars made up to 14th week of 2018, mine was built in 15th😔and remember sales man telling me that i got upgraded unit from factory(9.2" columbus)

Excuse my ignorance but what is difference between highline and lowline cameras?

The Dragon Green car was also built post week 15 2018 and has MIB2.5 Columbus. Highline has guidance lines, Lowline doesn’t. Boot handle is a different shape, it’s the same as the Kodiaq but it’s possible, as you can see above. I have done several Superb’s now and have more booked in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The Dragon Green car was also built post week 15 2018 and has MIB2.5 Columbus. Highline has guidance lines, Lowline doesn’t. Boot handle is a different shape, it’s the same as the Kodiaq but it’s possible, as you can see above. I have done several Superb’s now and have more booked in.

That's amazing😎 which camera is it then? I mean part number or link please ... You not planning holidays in Jersey BTW? 😜

Check your boot handle, if it is a perfect rectangle you can use any camera that is in a 112x48mm handle with the correct dataset on it so on the blue car there I used a 5E5827566G handle and the green car had a boot handle with curves on the outer edge which needs a Kodiaq handle, 566054634A. Unfortunately I’m not planning to come to Jersey but if you don’t have VCP yourself make sure the correct dataset has been loaded onto the camera you order. Both part numbers above are Highline with washer.

• Like 1

Wonder should mine have come with the washer then? Or did I need to specify this? I just said I want the reversing camera? I don’t mind as I said I can wipe it each day etc 

Camera with washer is an extra and most of them don’t have it but I only fit them with the washer. You can retrofit the washer to some cameras without it, just drill though the handle in the right place and plumb in as you normally would.