Reversing camera

1 hour ago, mruss5891 said:

I have went with this camera that AIVal went for

have done the coding suggested using OBD11, but unfortunately I still have no camera! 🙈

I have a No basic setting fault in 6c module. And I guess linked to this a Data bus (additional installations detected) fault in 19. 

I think that's an OEM highline camera rather than the Chinese variant.

No basic settings is normal unless you calibrate it. It doesn't effect functionally. The addition installations detected suggested you've not coded it properly...

What coding did you do exactly? Did you add 6C to the CAN gateway installation list?

Hi Langers2k,

apologies, I may have been a bit hasty with my post…. Today I have been away in the car and the camera worked! 🙈 I’m guessing something needed a reset…

for the benefit of others, in OBDII I changed the following.

Added 6c to gateway list. (I did this while trying to resolve problems in my previous post with towbar wiring at same time,  maybe  it would go in automatically….)

Long coding option in 6c and look for Byte19_rear_Viev_low and change the options to Activated.

then module 76 and with the same long coding you look for the camera type option.

(pinched from another post, credit kacluk in ‘Reversing camera install’ thread.)

I still have the 2 faults, should I be expecting just the basic settings fault? Would like to get it calibrated, note you did it on your Octavia, I wonder if anyone has the gear to do it up in Scotland… I can print a VAS6530 board at my work…. 🤔👍

my next plan is to double check the activation I did for the towbar wiring, I have a feeling I have activated something I shouldn’t have giving this extra fault… although it was not showing until the camera was wired in yesterday.

cheers

Marc

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 24/08/2020 at 10:03, SashaGrace said:

Camera with washer is an extra and most of them don’t have it but I only fit them with the washer. You can retrofit the washer to some cameras without it, just drill though the handle in the right place and plumb in as you normally would.

what do you use to plumb up the camera washer. do you just use a Y splitter from halfords and some washer hose or do you use the Skoda kit. if you use the Skoda kit do you have a part number for it as i fond one on cars-equipment but they want almost as much to post it as the kit costs ?

• 1 year later...

I revive the thread for having bought the camera in AliExpress for only 34 euros.

After testing that it works, which cost me more than expected because the glove compartment module did not come out, I am waiting to get some time and be able to install it permanently.

IMG20230818161723.jpg

IMG20230818161736.jpg

IMG20230818161921.jpg

Installed with no major problems other than removing the clip to get the cables from the media unit out of the glove box and the C-pillar, which I had to remove from the upper side of the boot.

The camera only has the options typical of a camera (contrast, brightness and color) but it looks good and does not fail, for 37 euros and 3 hours entertained in the car it seems to me something recommendable.